Look on this site and VZW forums daily...If/when VZW releases new OS, where will we find it on our Storm. My story is like the rest of you...Bought the storm in Jan, was going to return it but told new OS was going to be released soon...you know the rest...
    05-27-09 10:08 AM
    Kind of new at this whole blackberry thing, and i was wondering the same thing. How will storm owners be notified of an official release?
    05-27-09 10:28 AM
    Other than just assuming that they haven't you can go to Options>Advanced Options>Wireless Upgrade
    05-27-09 10:30 AM
    Usaully they will send either a text message, email or some sort of mailer letting us know that an upgrade is available...
    05-27-09 10:31 AM
    It will more than likely be pushed out OTA. Go to options>advanced options>wireless upgrade. I would imagine Crackberry would be the first to know of an official upgrade which is why soo many of us check this site daily. I'm sure you could also check the Verizon webiste which will also have it posted. I remember when the .75 upgrade came out I recieved a wireless upgrade icon on my Storm which notified me that I could download it. I would say its a sure thing that when it is released you'll be able to find out.
    Honestly I'm over an official upgrade by now. I was rocking .113 for a while and just upgraded to .148 and both of these leaked OS's are perfect. I dont have any issues with either and would be completely satisfied if they never released an official OS. I wouldn't mind if they did release an official OS and would hope that it would be even more responsive, quicker, etc.
    05-27-09 10:33 AM
    another option is that it may show up on DM when you connect your phone.....
    05-27-09 10:33 AM
    The sun will rise in the west, the four horsemen of the apocalypse will ride past your door, and a great voice from the sky will announce it.

Seriously, it ain't gonna happen.
    05-27-09 10:45 AM
    Thanks for the info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 10:46 AM
    Kind of new at this whole blackberry thing, and i was wondering the same thing. How will storm owners be notified of an official release?

**** will be frozen.

05-27-09 10:48 AM
    H�ll will be frozen

05-27-09 10:48 AM
    A guy will appear and will give you the secret wink. From there, you will receive a text message ALERT saying " a new OS is available to download OTA(over the air)

Dont tell anyone else though
    05-27-09 10:58 AM
    You will see a new icon on your home screen named Software Update with a red asterisk. If you click on it, it will give you the option to perform an OTA upgrade (about 30 min). If you go the OTA route, your phone will be unusable during the upgrade.

If you do not have enough battery life, it will not let you perform the upgrade. At that point, you can upgrade using DM.

Hope this helps,
    05-27-09 11:07 AM
    Assuming you have not removed wireless OTA upgrade option, your phone will notify you and you should receive email/txt from VZW
    05-27-09 11:15 AM
    Assuming you have not removed wireless OTA upgrade option, your phone will notify you and you should receive email/txt from VZW
    That, and it's almost a guarantee there will be a first page blog post announcing the official update, as well as tons of threads here in the forums with titles like: "VzW official update!! OMGWTFBBQ" "..official should I upgrade?" "how do I upgrade to official!?" "help! updated and lost my browser" "does the official have flick scrolling!?!?" "color banding still exists on official, I'm downgrading!!"
    05-27-09 12:17 PM
    That, and it's almost a guarantee there will be a first page blog post announcing the official update, as well as tons of threads here in the forums with titles like: "VzW official update!! OMGWTFBBQ" "..official should I upgrade?" "how do I upgrade to official!?" "help! updated and lost my browser" "does the official have flick scrolling!?!?" "color banding still exists on official, I'm downgrading!!"
    actually since you covered 'em all, i bet it'll be rather cordial and mature
    05-27-09 12:47 PM
    We will be in the middle of World War 6
    05-27-09 03:14 PM
    Your Storm will become unusable with a red glowing screen on it while the update processes. It'll happen with ALL Storms across the country... at the same time. (Kinda like in iRobot) When it's finished, the device will shock you each time you try and pick it up, your doors and windows will automatically be locked and bolted and you will be trapped in the house and be pushed into BB withdrawal because you won't be able to use your Storm or pop online to check CB.... at which point you'll wish you never asked about an OS update so much.
    05-27-09 03:20 PM
    Your Storm will become unusable with a red glowing screen on it while the update processes. It'll happen with ALL Storms across the country... at the same time. (Kinda like in iRobot) When it's finished, the device will shock you each time you try and pick it up, your doors and windows will automatically be locked and bolted and you will be trapped in the house and be pushed into BB withdrawal because you won't be able to use your Storm or pop online to check CB.... at which point you'll wish you never asked about an OS update so much.
    You must be getting some good inside information because I went into my verizon store and spoke to my rep who told me this exact same thing would happen in 2 weeks!!
    05-27-09 03:35 PM
    You must be getting some good inside information because I went into my verizon store and spoke to my rep who told me this exact same thing would happen in 2 weeks!!
    I think you'll find that nothing will happen without my prior approval. Basically, until you see me really endorse an OS version, you won't see an official one. lol I control the world... shhh, don't tell anyone.
    05-27-09 04:12 PM
    A guy will appear and will give you the secret wink. From there, you will receive a text message ALERT saying " a new OS is available to download OTA(over the air)

Dont tell anyone else though
    will he be a verizon rep?
    I've read that they know everything... especially OS release dates..
    05-27-09 04:17 PM
    You know, I would think that they would actually say that too.

05-27-09 06:43 PM
    i'm excited to see what the word is friday....to see if its approved. i might downgrade just to experience an OTA install!!!
    05-27-09 07:13 PM
    i'm excited to see what the word is friday....to see if its approved. i might downgrade just to experience an OTA install!!!
    I was thinking of doing the same thing.... Of course, if I could find a copy of .65; I COULD OTA it to .75 (anyone know where a link for .65 still exists? I can't find it for the life of me)

EDIT: Are things still looking good for .148 according to your buddy, Patches?
    05-27-09 07:19 PM
    I've been waiting seems like a couple of weeks since we've heard "a Verizon Rep Said". Last I remember was the same old last of the month.

There will be trumpets and a choir of Verizon Reps coming down from the sky. An Angel with a golden CD will appear announcing the new OS. And just as the version is to be announced Rosanna Rosanna Dana will appear and say "Oh, never mind"....
    05-27-09 08:33 PM
    Lol. If you say so.

05-27-09 08:49 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD