For tol you needed to receive a "poke" from vzw before you can get the wireless upgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 09:35 PM
    So is it safe yet to bring my storm off its shelf and actually use it?

Or is it still a ticking reboot?
    Yes it's safe to come out a play
    06-04-09 09:41 PM
    I can't seem to upgrade via the Wireless Upgrade option, and my desktop manager says there are no upgrades available. WTF???

Any other suggestions?
    didnt try the wireless upgrade but my DM says there are no updates available also. any suggestions anyone ???
    06-05-09 12:09 AM
    I did notice one thing when I am texting. A period appears after almost every word don't know why, but other than that haven't had any issues.
    06-05-09 09:03 AM
    didnt try the wireless upgrade but my DM says there are no updates available also. any suggestions anyone ???
    Do you have a leak installed?
    06-05-09 09:49 AM
    I did notice one thing when I am texting. A period appears after almost every word don't know why, but other than that haven't had any issues.
    Check your spacing. If you double space, it automatically corrects it by adding a period to the end of the word.
    06-06-09 05:52 PM
    HUGE battery drain with no apps installed. Barely lasting 8 hours before it shuts off.
    06-06-09 09:18 PM
    mute button is a known "enhancement"

Call log settings work fine for me.

What do you mean by this?
    06-06-09 10:18 PM
    I would like to know also.. What is a known enhancement?
    06-06-09 10:45 PM
    .148 seems to be rocking along fine for everybody except for a scant few who threw it against a brick wall after boiling it in salt water while subjecting it to gamma radiation for 48 hours.....

....Then claiming the d/l OS caused their storm to act strange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 05:26 AM
    I just updated last night to the .148 using DM. No problems with that.. took about 25-30min. I'm still trying to figure out all of the new enhancements though... So far I have noticed the highlighter when repositioning in text and that when you take a picture the little menu at the bottom of the screen is more transparent instead of black. I have discovered the portrait view keyboard from reading these posts... but what else is there? Can someone fill me in?
    I can't say that I have noticed any speed enhancements yet.. mine still likes to hourglass for no reason.
    06-11-09 09:18 AM
    go to the OS subform and look for the change log i posted.
    06-11-09 01:00 PM
    . . .
    I can't say that I have noticed any speed enhancements yet.. mine still likes to hourglass for no reason.
    SAME! Also all the people I know that did the upgrade all had a spiffy CB2 theme + icon on their home page. . . that I missed or they all coincidentally downloaded on their own?

And I was told that the upgrade also came with a self-lock so I disabled my storm locker but it didn't work so I'm guessing this isn't true?
    06-11-09 01:11 PM
    again, go check change logs.

coincidence that everyone got the same theme.

and the storm does have the lock during the timeout, but you need to enable the password to have that feature.
    06-11-09 01:16 PM
    I'm goin I'm goin. :P

I thought so.

:/ ? Um. . . I'm talking about the lock so that it's impossible to hit mute or flash etc. with face. . . ?
    06-11-09 01:20 PM
    there is no proximity lock that prevents you from hitting keys with your face.... and i'm still confused with this. you have to CLICK the screen to hit flash, mute, etc...how is everyone clicking their phone with their face? do they have their phone in a headlock or something? even when i shoulder hug my phone to my ear i still can't click with my face. even when i've tried. and i have that big *** wrestler's chewing muscle on my jaw. and the chubby chipmunk cheeks over that (abruptly stop cutting weight and see what happens to you!!!) anyway, no there has never been anything implemented by RIM. that is user error, and idk if they'll ever address something like that. the only reason other touch screens implement something like that is because they're sensitive to touch, not touch+click...ya know?
    06-11-09 01:27 PM
    =D Haha well then, I'm not sure but I guess I just apply too much pressure with my face? *sigh* I'll stick with my StormLocker then after all it's not that bad only gives me trouble when someone calls while I'm listening to music, oy what just a pain :[ but it's nothing a quickpull wont fix :P

Muchas Gracias Patches!
    06-11-09 01:34 PM
    Thanks Patches... I hope everything does what its supposed to.. I have had the worst trouble with this phone but have been crossing my fingers that the update is all I needed...
    I have to agree with NES on the phone lock.. I could NOT have a single conversation w/o either putting the caller on mute or speakerphone... Made for interesting when sitting at work and the person on the other end just happend to cuss during the exact moment I would hit speaker..
    I downloaded the StormLock a while back and that has solved all of my problems for that... only thing was when I updated last night it cleared my registration info so I had to contact them to get that started again.
    06-11-09 01:42 PM
    i still think you all suck for clicking your screen with your face i've tried to do it and i seriously can't! user win??
    06-11-09 01:50 PM
    haha yes yes user win. . . general public Fail
    06-11-09 01:53 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD