I'm a newbie that is tired of waiting for Verizon to provide an OS update. I have been reading all the great posts on how to upgrade to a leaked OS. But I'm confused about how to make sure only one BBOS on my PC.

Crucial_Xtreme posted the following suggestion:
    I suggest only keeping one OS installed to your computer at a time; the one you have installed to your device. You can have others saved to the computer, just not installed. I have a folder in My Documents labeled BB OS, and keep them saved in there just in case. But when it comes time to upgrade again, go to Control Panel on the computer>Add/Remove and uninstall the current device software. Then install the new and upgrade.

When I look at the list of currently installed programs, there are two programs for Blackberry including:
    - Blackberry Desktop Software 4.7
    - Blackberry Device Software Updater

Should I uninstall both entries or just one? My sense is the one to uninstall is the Blackberry Device Software Updater. Is that right?

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie!!
    05-22-09 05:12 PM
    You're right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 05:39 PM
    To uninstall any previously installed OS', go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, find something that says something similar to "BlackBerry Device Software."
    05-22-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD