Sorry if this has been posted, but how do I sync Verizon's Storm to my mac laptop?

thanks.
    12-31-08 01:27 PM
    Check the Storms How-To FAQ & Tips sub-forum for a step-by-step guide.
    12-31-08 01:29 PM
    There are a few options for syncing to a Mac. None of them are very ideal, but in a round about one of them is bound to work.

First, there is the free software app called PocketMac from Rimm. It sucks in my opinion. I could never get it to work.

Second, there is Missing Sync. This app costs $40 but it has worked almost flawless for me. I have had minor issues with it, and the customer support for this software is awesome. You just save the error logging that it automatically does, upload it to their website, and give them a brief description of what is wrong. Within 24 hours you receive an email from someone with instructions on how to fix it.

Third, you could buy VMWare to install Windows on your Mac to use the Windows DM that comes in the box with the Storm.

Fourth, you can utilize Google Sync. That is what I use with Missing Sync. Google Sync can sync your calendar with google calendar, and you can sync google calendar with ical. Wirelessly and automatically actually. It just takes a little longer for setting it all up.

Hope this helps. PM me if you need any more help or whatev.
    12-31-08 01:33 PM
    12-31-08 01:34 PM
    I can only help with syncing your calendars and contacts.

I use GoogleSync. iCal now supports autosync with Google Calendar. So whatever you change on iCal should be reflected in Google Calendar within 5 minutes. And if you have GoogleSync, that should be reflected on your Storm within a short period of time as well.

GoogleSync also syncs your contacts which is a nice way of backing up all my phone numbers into Gmail's Contacts since Backup Assistant is not available on Blackberries.

Combine that with enabling media access to the SD card and that's really all I need to transfer items over to the Storm.

We've got calendar entries, contacts, music, movies, ringtones, pictures, and documents. All set.
    12-31-08 01:40 PM
    Anyone figure how PM's bookmark push work?
    12-31-08 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD