so my storm is gettin annoying the buttons are falling off, screen is really loose, little dust under the screen, screen is REALLY loose, and everyonceinawhile i get a wierd screen, like all pixilated and white i have to do a battery pull.
    any ideas how to get a new one from vzw
    any thing/advice would be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    03-03-09 08:58 PM
    Take it to a corporate store and have them look at it. Once they verify the problems, they'll send out a new one. Otherwise, call #611 and swap it out through them.
    03-03-09 09:10 PM
    i was wondering just this the other day. my storm is getting pretty worn as well. Before the storm, I traded in my LG every other month or so - i wasnt fond of any scratches. Anyway, I'd love to do the same with my Storm.. maybe not quite as often, but i have an original and it's pretty worn...
    03-03-09 09:12 PM
    do you need to have the insurance do swap it out with no charge if there is wear problems? Or do they do it out of courtesy and keeping consumers happy?
    03-03-09 09:14 PM
    There is a $50 deductable if you use your insurance. And I think you can only use it twice. Not positive though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 09:17 PM
    If you have dust under the screen and the buttons are falling off, these are both manufacturing defects and are covered under the warranty.

I called the VZW Blackberry Support line and explained I had dust under the screen (obscuring my view of the text). They confirmed my address (this was on a Saturday) and I had my replacement Storm on I think it was Wednesday. They included return postage in which to put my old storm!

They asked me if there was any water damage or physical damage - this was to ascertain whether it would be a warranty replacement or an Insurance replacement.

The warranty replacement is free, but there is a $50 Deductible on the Insurance (as other posters have stated).

so my storm is gettin annoying the buttons are falling off, screen is really loose, little dust under the screen, screen is REALLY loose, and everyonceinawhile i get a wierd screen, like all pixilated and white i have to do a battery pull.
    any ideas how to get a new one from vzw
    any thing/advice would be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    03-03-09 09:32 PM
    My buttons were coming loose. Went to Verizon store and they replaced it with a brand new unit. No questions asked--even when they noticed I had OS .99 in it!
    03-03-09 09:58 PM
    I wouldn't recommend hiving them any excuse to mess you around. I wiped the leaked OS from mine before returning it

My buttons were coming loose. Went to Verizon store and they replaced it with a brand new unit. No questions asked--even when they noticed I had OS .99 in it!
    03-03-09 10:22 PM
    i was wondering just this the other day. my storm is getting pretty worn as well. Before the storm, I traded in my LG every other month or so - i wasnt fond of any scratches. Anyway, I'd love to do the same with my Storm.. maybe not quite as often, but i have an original and it's pretty worn...
    what did u tell them each time you called? also dont they catch on as they have a history of your replacements?
    03-04-09 12:27 AM
    There is a $50 deductable if you use your insurance. And I think you can only use it twice. Not positive though.

this is sort of true - $50 deductable is right...

you can only make 1 claim in a 12 month period. If you make a 2nd claim less than 12 mos from the first one, they drop you for a year...

then you just keep your fingers crossed until you can re-up LOL
    03-04-09 12:57 AM
    Lies! I've claimed 3 times in one year! They just make it harder each time. Like for instance the last time I had to print a form and fill it out and send a photo copy of my drivers license
    this is sort of true - $50 deductable is right...

you can only make 1 claim in a 12 month period. If you make a 2nd claim less than 12 mos from the first one, they drop you for a year...

then you just keep your fingers crossed until you can re-up LOL
    03-04-09 01:02 AM

Twice a year or twice ever?

03-04-09 01:09 AM
    What happens if you claim it lost or stolen and they send you a new one...can you ever use the old one again if you find it?

03-04-09 01:14 AM
    no schemer...the esn will be locked NICE TRY...haa
    03-04-09 02:21 AM
    call in and tell them ur screen doesnt work they'll tell u do a battery pull and wipe the device to see if that works. tell them you already did it and they'll send you a new one
    03-05-09 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD