Is it still worth buying a Storm 2 today? I need to buy a new Blackberry.

Or is the 9800 coming out within the next 4 weeks?
    06-14-10 07:31 PM

There has yet to be a carrier come out and say we are releasing the 9800 on XX date, so I would have to say it isn't coming out in the next 4 weeks.

I would say that the Storm 2 is still a contender in the Blackberry realm, but at this time of the year I would hold out till oct-nov timeframe. You will probably see the storm 3 at that time.
    06-14-10 07:38 PM
    There has yet to be a carrier come out and say we are releasing the 9800 on XX date, so I would have to say it isn't coming out in the next 4 weeks.

I would say that the Storm 2 is still a contender in the Blackberry realm, but at this time of the year I would hold out till oct-nov timeframe. You will probably see the storm 3 at that time.

Theres gonna be a bunch of new Blackberry phones on the market by years end and I'd feel so outdated if that happened and i bought a Storm 2 tomorrow.

I really need a new phone, so maybe i can settle for a 9630 Tour. I can buy a used one for $250 tomorrow. Or drop $650 tomorrow on a Storm 2 and feel like a bit in regret in a couple months....
    06-14-10 07:42 PM
    Theres gonna be a bunch of new Blackberry phones on the market by years end and I'd feel so outdated if that happened and i bought a Storm 2 tomorrow.

I really need a new phone, so maybe i can settle for a 9630 Tour. I can buy a used one for $250 tomorrow. Or drop $650 tomorrow on a Storm 2 and feel like a bit in regret in a couple months....
    I would wait if you are wanting one of the newest BB's. There should be a couple of new models out this fall. I really like my Storm 2, but it will be a year old in November.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 07:53 PM
    I would wait if you are wanting one of the newest BB's. There should be a couple of new models out this fall. I really like my Storm 2, but it will be a year old in November.

This is what I need to hear, thanks.
    06-14-10 07:59 PM
    wait..or...look for a used storm 2..better than the tour and my friend just found one online for 75$
    06-14-10 08:05 PM
    You can buy a certified pre owned from Verizon for$269,00.

06-14-10 08:10 PM
    Have you tried checking the market place. I'm pretty sure you will find a storm2..

06-15-10 12:00 AM
    I would say go with a used Storm at this point, if you buy it at $650, the minute you pull it out of the box, it goes to half the value. You're going to want to sell this thing down the line from what I can tell for one of the newer models that will (hopefully) come out this year.

You can find some good ones in the marketplace and definitely on eBay as well. Your info suggests you have a 9700 though, why not stick with that?
    06-15-10 12:04 AM
    I would say go with a used Storm at this point, if you buy it at $650, the minute you pull it out of the box, it goes to half the value. You're going to want to sell this thing down the line from what I can tell for one of the newer models that will (hopefully) come out this year.

You can find some good ones in the marketplace and definitely on eBay as well. Your info suggests you have a 9700 though, why not stick with that?

I will check out the market place, but I live in Canada, so I dont know which American Blackberrys would work with Bell Network.

I broke the 9700 I had accidently. So, right now I got no phone.

Someone is offering me a perfect condition Bell Blackberry 9700 here in my local town for $380 with all accesories and the phone is MINT, saw it.

Remember its Canadian price, so it may look steep for the Americans.
    06-15-10 01:30 AM

You would have to be a complete ****** to buy a storm 2 when there's soooo many phones light years ahead of it. Why on Earth would you want this slow piece of junk?

06-15-10 01:40 AM
    You would have to be a complete ****** to buy a storm 2 when there's soooo many phones light years ahead of it. Why on Earth would you want this slow piece of junk?

Storm is slow? I never knew that?
    06-15-10 01:59 AM
    Storm2 is a good device, and to answer your question, I would say it is NOT worth it and I would give 2 major reasons: the lack of memory (only 256 MB) and the price ($180). If you could turn around and upgrade in the fall or late 4Q/early 1Q2011, then it would be different because there will be some really cool devices out by then. But to drop nearly $200 on a device that isn't anywhere near the "best" devices out there currently (Incredible, iPhone, EVO) and probably isn't even considered the best BlackBerry out there (Bold 9650, Bold 9700) along with using an upgrade, I would say hold off. If you absolutely need a device now, look at the Bold 9650 - its less $$ than the Storm, has double the memory, will be able to run OS 6 no doubt. i was thinking about upgrading to the Bold, even though I do love my Storm2, but I can't justify another $150 + upgrade for a device that should have been released a year ago. As a BB user, I'm constantly waiting for them to catch up and its frustrating. Maybe one of these days, I'll lose patience.
    06-15-10 07:23 AM
    You would have to be a complete ***** to buy a storm 2 when there's soooo many phones light years ahead of it. Why on Earth would you want this slow piece of junk?

Great post, informative and enlightening.
    06-15-10 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD