When I'm in the Address Book, if I click on an entry, the Storm starts automatically dialing the number (if there's only one number in the entry ... if there's two, such as home and mobile, it gives you a choice which to dial. More importantly, it's doesn't automatically dial anything. I'm OK with that).

What I want is whenever you click on an entry, I want to view the entry. It's too easy to accidently click on an entry and have the phone start dialing away. I want to kill that behaviour.

I have another topic on another issue I'm having (screen goes blank when on a call). Topic "How to keep screen active when on a call?"

If you have a solution to that one, check out the post.
    Last edited by Johnny2Bad; 04-30-10 at 06:11 AM.
    04-30-10 06:06 AM
    This is happening because you are going to contacts from the phone sub tabs. You are either clicking on the green talk button and then selecting contacts or clicking on phone in the menu and then selecting contacts or Having the Show today theme and clicking on phone on the wallpaper. These methods will cause the phone to immediately dial the selected contact. However, if you go to BB Menu and then selecting contacts it won't dial out, it will open the contact for you to view it successfully.

The phone will dim black when on a call due to it locking itself when you have the phone to your ear. It will basically go in standby while you are on a call and you won't see the screen it will be black. I actually like this feature because here in Toronto its now illegal to be on the phone in the car and now I can take chances....
    04-30-10 08:19 AM
    This is happening because you are going to contacts from the phone sub tabs. You are either clicking on the green talk button and then selecting contacts or clicking on phone in the menu and then selecting contacts or Having the Show today theme and clicking on phone on the wallpaper. These methods will cause the phone to immediately dial the selected contact. However, if you go to BB Menu and then selecting contacts it won't dial out, it will open the contact for you to view it successfully.
    Great, I'll put the contacts icon in my default row ... means moving to 2 rows, but I can live with that.

The phone will dim black when on a call due to it locking itself when you have the phone to your ear. It will basically go in standby while you are on a call and you won't see the screen it will be black. I actually like this feature because here in Toronto its now illegal to be on the phone in the car and now I can take chances....
    I'm going to try an app to fix that, suggested by another user in my other post. It's illegal to operate a phone and drive here, too ... I have to assume obeying the law isn't an option for your situation, whatever that is. I just use the BB Bluetooth headset in the car, which is legal so no issues.

Thanks for the helpful post, especially about the way I'm using contacts. That I can change.
    Last edited by Johnny2Bad; 04-30-10 at 12:50 PM.
    04-30-10 12:47 PM
    Great, I'll put the contacts icon in my default row ... means moving to 2 rows, but I can live with that.

I'm going to try an app to fix that, suggested by another user in my other post. It's illegal to operate a phone and drive here, too ... I have to assume obeying the law isn't an option for your situation, whatever that is. I just use the BB Bluetooth headset in the car, which is legal so no issues.

Thanks for the helpful post, especially about the way I'm using contacts. That I can change.
    There is no need for an app. Just take the phone away from your face. If it doesn't activate automatically, just click the screen and you'll be ready to go. The phone will not register that initial wake-up click.
    04-30-10 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD