Hi,

I am on a BES and added my private gmx email also onto the storm. my GMX mails are stored in a seperate folder, but also appeare in the business folder. How can I manage to strictly seperate them?

Thx!
    02-19-09 02:16 AM
    You can't. The best you can do is assign a color to each account. This is a "feature" of BB's having a single mailbox for all of your email.
    02-19-09 06:57 AM
    Yep. And this "feature" can become quite cumbersome if you have more than a couple of email accounts that you want to track.
    02-19-09 09:23 AM
    You can't. The best you can do is assign a color to each account.
    I�m not able to find an option to assign different colors to email accounts. Where is it?
    02-19-09 09:41 AM
    It CAN be done. If you have access to BES (or uber-friendly IT guys).

This will add a 3rd message icon, "desktop" in addition to "messages" and your Gmail account. You can then hide the main "messages" icon and just use "desktop" for BES and the separate Gmail icon for Gmail.

sorry i can't post links yet. prefix the following with www[dot]Blackberry[dot]com

/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15 003&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialog ID=41372842&stateId=1%200%2041378516

In BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1.5, the administrator can add an icon on the Home screen of each BlackBerry smartphone in a BlackBerry Domain. This icon allows BlackBerry smartphone users to view messages that are sent and received from their organization's BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

This feature sets a flag in the service book, which turns on or turns off the desktop icon. The name of the icon is the same as the name of the service book. The service book name is specified in the Message service display name field, under the Advanced tab of the Email Settings tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager. The default setting for this feature is Off.
    02-19-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD