Hopefully my first post on these forums which I find to be highly useful is not a dupe.

I have been frustrated so far with the storm's unusable (IMO) text selection feature. Every time I tried to select text in the past it would select the line above or right in the middle of the text I was attempting to select.

What I do now is following:

Press the blackberry button and select find
    Enter the first few letters/numbers of the beginning of the text that I want to select then I press enter
    Press the blackberry button and select 'select'
    Then I am able to begin my selection at the right spot and the only part that I have to contend with is ensuring that the selection ends at the proper place. I found while there is still some difficulty in ending in the proper place that 90% of my selections are much easier to make now.
    From there I press the blackberry button again and select copy and then paste when I am ready.

Hope this helps someone else out there.
    03-08-09 10:49 AM
    Hopefully my first post on these forums which I find to be highly useful is not a dupe.

I have been frustrated so far with the storm's unusable (IMO) text selection feature. Every time I tried to select text in the past it would select the line above or right in the middle of the text I was attempting to select.

Enter the first few letters/numbers of the beginning of the text that I want to select then I press enter
    Then I am able to begin my selection at the right spot and the only part that I have to contend with is ensuring that the selection ends at the proper place. I found while there is still some difficulty in ending in the proper place that 90% of my selections are much easier to make now.
    From there I press the blackberry button again and select copy and then paste when I am ready.

I hope so to cause you got me baffled
    03-08-09 11:47 AM
    If I am copying something from the browser I use cursor mode (that's the little mouse looking button on the bottom of the browser) and I click the first word then drag down to where I want to end. Its very easy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 11:50 AM

another tip is to change the size of the screen fonts to something larger
    03-08-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD