I'd like to see the system logs and find out why the phone crashes or reboots unexpectedly. And, at least, find out which app is taking the most system resource in terms of CPU and memory.

It could be an advanced question -- Is there a way I can telnet or ssh into the OS? I know on iPhone you can. With the frustration of using the unstable OS, I really want to see what's going on inside the system. Linux command 'top', 'vmstat' are some of the commands I want to run. RIM won't tell any secret, so we need to find out on our own.
    01-24-09 04:02 PM
    The only native tool I'm aware of is the Event logs. You can access them by opening your keyboard from your home screen or full icon screen. Hit the BB button and select Show Keyboard. Put the phone in num lock by holding down the !?123 key. Then type exactly "/"/

The logs will show and you can scroll through them. If you click on each one you will get more detailed info. For severe errors a log may be bolded.

HTH

Oh, and you can clear these logs so that you can start fresh to capture your next crash, like mine has been doing today.
    01-24-09 06:20 PM
    Thanks for that tip!

My log was really full. Cleared it.
    01-24-09 07:32 PM
    Learn java.... you can find out some, more or less. Download and install the Java developer kit if you want to get into it. No linux on the BB, but their own java proprietary OS.
    01-25-09 06:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD