Before I even activated my BB storm, I imediately hooked it up to the computer and started loading the bare essentials. I am ready to unhook it from the USB port but can't seem to find the "safely remove device" icon nor can I find it on the desktop manager like with my 8830. Can this step be skipped for the BB Storm? Also I tried to delete some video files from the Storm's media player but they went nowhere. Do you have to do this through the desktop manager? Sorry for the noobish questions. Just wanna protect the integrity of my precious.
    05-29-09 03:33 PM
    You will only get the "safely remove hardware" icon if you have had mass storage mode enabled while the phone is plugged in. Otherwise, you can just unplug the phone from the USB as long as you can see the home screen on the phone (and not the symbols that look like stuff is being transferred from PC to phone).
    05-29-09 03:36 PM
    You can use an app called BBFileScout (get it here: http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html) to delete sample videos and pics that came on the Storm.

Grey
    05-29-09 03:42 PM
    mass storage mode is located

options>memory then there is a drop down for mass storage mode support.

if you wish to turn it on
    05-29-09 03:43 PM
    You need BBFileScout to get rid of all the locked sample media. Also use Shrink-A-OS before you upgrade your OS to get rid of all the junk you dont use/need, i.e. VZNav, languages, IM clients (it will still leave launchers), etc.

Also would highly recommend Lyricidal's .148/5.0 Hybrid w/ Shrink-A-OS
    05-29-09 03:45 PM
    I giggle a little each time someone is worried about thus with today's USB based technology. What was true 5+ years ago isn't much needed now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 03:46 PM
    Thanks to Morf, Grey, Noaim, Jgutie. You all were extremely helpful. I must say this is the quickest and most comprehensive forum I've ever joined but I guess it makes sense being that its full of crackberry addicts. Much love yall.
    05-29-09 04:55 PM
    Thanks to Morf, Grey, Noaim, Jgutie. You all were extremely helpful. I must say this is the quickest and most comprehensive forum I've ever joined but I guess it makes sense being that its full of crackberry addicts. Much love yall.
    No worries, anytime! I love helping people love their BB as much as I love mine. Just paying it forward!
    05-29-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD