So I did a back up to keep all the stuff but now how do I get the phone back to factory settings for the new owner? I figured it was in desktop manager but I dont see anything that looks like a "wipe". Is there a link to a thread on how to do this? Or can someone walk me through it. Thanks!!
    08-16-09 09:54 PM
    On the home screen: Options�Security Options�General Settings press BB button to bring up Menu and choose "Wipe Handheld".

I've read it here many times before. And done it myself, so I know it works!

Mr. T says "Good luck fool!". Lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 10:24 PM
    The method that The-General stated is the correct method.

That will wipe all of your personal data, all apps and everything from your phone.

Alternately, applications such as BBSAK, JL_CMDER and BlackBerry MCP can also handle this for you.
    08-16-09 10:37 PM
    Remember to remove your email accounts after wipe, it will reconnect itself after you turn on the connection.
    08-17-09 12:42 AM
    remove email account!!!!
    08-17-09 12:59 AM
    I would just use BBSAK or JL_CMDER.
    08-17-09 01:20 AM
    I would just use BBSAK or JL_CMDER.
    2nd, or maybe 3rd i think!

OP, best to just wipe it to 507 and let the new owner load up whichever OS they want or load what they want for them if you are feeling generous
    08-17-09 01:30 AM
    So i did the wipe, thanks for the help on that. now im trying to remove the email address but the icon for the email is gone and i cant find email setup in the options! anyone? thanks!!
    08-17-09 02:51 PM
    So i did the wipe, thanks for the help on that. now im trying to remove the email address but the icon for the email is gone and i cant find email setup in the options! anyone? thanks!!

Edit: Also remove the PIN for that device
    08-17-09 02:59 PM
    got it thanks!!
    08-17-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD