Folks,

I'm new to BBs, so sorry if this is a dumb question. I asked VZW to send me a new Storm due to the occasional reboots I experienced (still love this thing though). If I'm dependent on a Corporate BES server, can I simply back up my old Storm and restore all the configs to the new Storm using Device Manager? Or, will I likely have to call our IT department to make it happen? Is there a better/best way to do this?

Thanks!
    02-15-09 09:31 AM
    When you activate on the BES the new device, it will take all the information from the old device wirelessly. (PIM/Settings/Prepopulate messages according to your settings)
    02-15-09 09:32 AM
    Thanks, Sith.

So I assume that means I do have to call my IT department?
    02-15-09 09:37 AM
    Yes you will have to contact them to activate your new device. You also need to do this when you upgrade your firmware.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 10:06 AM
    Actually if they allow activation through DM just connect to DM on a computer that is on your corporate network, it will ask if you want to switch the PIN, hit yes.
    02-15-09 10:08 AM
    When you activate on the BES the new device, it will take all the information from the old device wirelessly. (PIM/Settings/Prepopulate messages according to your settings)
    When you reactivate, everything should transfer, but if you've added any apps, you'll lose them if you haven't done a backup on DM. ALSO, you'll have to reset you BES through your company again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 12:52 PM
    I've just switched from Pearl to Storm on BES. I just plugged the new phone into my PC which is connected to the corporate network. Ran desktop manager, which prompted me if I'd like to switch to the new PIN, I said yes and that was it.... piece of cake.
    02-15-09 01:19 PM
    To clarify use the Desktop Manager on a computer connected to your messaging system. Click on the Switch Device wizard and follow the prompts for backing up the old device and programming the new one. As said by wyabcp piece of cake.
    02-15-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD