As many of you may know verizon has been pushing Bing, My verizon, Slacker, and other icons or apps to your BB. All of the threads I have read about this say "you can hide the icons." Well you can just simply delete them, this will also work for flickr, windows live mesenger, yahoo, and any other app that verizon has decided you like to be in your phone. It's quite simple actualy, you can do this in 30 seconds. here are the steps:

1.) Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Book

this will bring up a list of all the service books on your BB. DO NOT just start deleting. By reading the list one cn most likely figure out what each service book is for. but to make it easy WML is for windows live, MyVerizon i think you can figure out what that is for, YHO is yahoo. and the others are very easy abbreviations too. once you have deleted these you will notice that these pushed icons are no longer on your phone and you are happily king of your domain once again.

If by chance you accidently delete a service book for something important, I.E. Blackberry Internet Browsing Service, you can get the service books pushed to your phone by calling verizon and asking them to push you the service books or you can go to:

Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table , then press the menu button and click Register Now

Any questions? post below.
    01-09-10 11:08 AM
    Don't they just come back when you reboot?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 11:17 AM
    Everyone has always said they just come back so just hide them to get rid of them. And aren't they just shortcuts to download the app in most cases? Service Books will just be the links so that's all you are removing.
    01-09-10 11:24 AM
    when you do a battery pull they do update your service books and they will come back but if you are refering to just powering off the phone and on no they do not "come back". Even if they are just simply icons I personaly still like to know that I have control over my own device. i will look into this some more to see if there is "a better way" but for now this is what I have found.
    01-09-10 11:30 AM
    Everytime you install an app that requires a reboot they will come back, when you pull the battery they will come back, If you mess with your email settings they will come back, Verizon sometimes just randomly resends service books too. So if you like the idea of doing this process often, then this method will work great for you. If you just want them out of your face then hiding them is the best thing to do. It's easy, fast, simple, permanent, and the icons take up no memory. Out of site really is out of mind in this situation.
    01-09-10 11:40 AM
    Its a good write up, but there's probably a reason we haven't seen one before. At some point you will have to reboot your phone and you will have to do it all over again. But again, good write up :]

01-09-10 11:56 AM
    I personaly still like to know that I have control over my own device
    Applaud the effort, but you really don't have control over your phone. Verizon can push to you at whim on Verizon BlackBerry devices (and other carriers with their own BB devices). Like others have stated, you can delete the icons (and they really are icons to download the apps, not the apps themselves), but you can't stop Verizon from pushing them to you again. Or from changing the built-in browser search from using Bing.

It's one of Verizon's numerous idiotic "features."
    01-09-10 12:17 PM
    Damn! I thought maybe someone figured out a real solution. Yeah, they just come back after a reset of the device.
    01-09-10 02:14 PM
    Yes, nice to hear again, but this was discussed in detail when VZN began pushing icons to our phones. Because they come back following a reboot or pushing service books, it is much easier to hide them. That way they stay hidden and you only have to deal with them once.
    01-09-10 02:58 PM
    Read the contract you signed. We all agreed to have that stuff pushed to our devices! Aren't there bigger battles in life than a few unwanted icons?

01-09-10 05:19 PM
    Make a hidden folder and just move everything you don't need to see into that folder.

I've even got my sound profiles, clock, camera, voice dialing, off button, all my individual mailboxes, lock button, calendar, 'phone', etc. in there. all of those features can be accessed from the home screen anyway if you run the 'Today' style default theme.
    01-09-10 05:46 PM
    Guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that I found out you can make a wheel round and it rolls much better.

Oh wait, this isn't the thread where you post something already known which you thought was completely new and innovative?

01-09-10 07:27 PM
    Guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that I found out you can make a wheel round and it rolls much better.
    Sorry to tell you civic, but after a reboot, the round wheel no longer... ah nevermind... damn analogies.
    01-09-10 07:30 PM
    Make a hidden folder and just move everything you don't need to see into that folder.

I've even got my sound profiles, clock, camera, voice dialing, off button, all my individual mailboxes, lock button, calendar, 'phone', etc. in there.
    Yea me too.

I didn't know about this so at least it was appreciated and informative to some one

01-10-10 11:26 AM
    It is true that the service books get pushed to your device and the icons come back... Didn't realize that but I have heard that it can be possible to ask your provider not to push certain service books to you... I cannot validate this though.
    01-10-10 04:38 PM
    It is true that the service books get pushed to your device and the icons come back... Didn't realize that but I have heard that it can be possible to ask your provider not to push certain service books to you... I cannot validate this though.
    the service books will come back...but if you stop deleting service books and just hide the icons you dont need (without installing) you will never see them...nor will they occupy system resources.

just click on icon...hide. no need to create a new folder...just hid em
    01-10-10 06:32 PM
    Go for it, asking Verizon not to push these, but I guarantee you will be disappointed.
    01-10-10 06:54 PM
    Here's my method.

1. Make a folder called "Crap".
    2. Fill with appropriate items.
    3. Hide Crap folder
    4. Profit.
    01-10-10 10:54 PM
    Here's my method.

3. Hide Crap folder
    4. Profit.
    Same here, but I named the folder Pushed crApps
    01-11-10 09:19 AM
    Options, Advanced, Browser Push, uncheck Allow WAP Push Applications

Will that stop the Pushed crApps?
    08-03-10 02:57 PM
    I just created a foldert called useless and put all those icons in there to clean it up

08-03-10 05:29 PM
    Mine is "Crap I Don't Use"
    08-04-10 08:16 AM
    Here's my method.

3. Hide Crap folder
    4. Profit.
    Same here, but I named the folder Pushed crApps
    Mine is "Crap I Don't Use"
    Wow you guys have a strong fetish for "crap" may I recommend a video for you....it's called 2 Girls 1 Cup.
    08-04-10 10:20 AM
    Wow you guys have a strong fetish for "crap" may I recommend a video for you....it's called 2 Girls 1 Cup.
    That is funny (your comment to them not the video, I have seen that before.)
    08-04-10 12:14 PM
    Options, Advanced, Browser Push, uncheck Allow WAP Push Applications

Will that stop the Pushed crApps?
    Anyone know the answer to the question above?
    08-09-10 07:28 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD