I'm about to sell my S2 (spare, refurb) to a friend but need to get my phone number off of it. It's unlocked but not on VZ as I switched devices, but it still shows my phone after I reloaded the OS. When selecting the call button the screen shows my number, which is activated on my other S2.

Anyone know how to get that off the old phone?
    07-08-10 09:18 AM
    Did you do a clean wipe? I saw in your post that you reloaded, but didn't specifically state that a wipe was involved. I don't know for sure if that would erase the phone data. Short of a factory reset, I don't know what would.
    07-08-10 11:08 AM
    Wiping won't remove it.

Open up the dial pad and dial ##000000, press send. This will take you to the CDMA Service Edit Screen and you can delete it from there by typing ten zeros over your number.
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-08-10 at 11:33 AM. Reason: typo
    07-08-10 11:32 AM
    /facepalm

I use that screen to reset my phone, forgot there's other functions. While you're at it dkings, what about email? I notice every time I wipe and then load any OS, it has my email ready even before I restore backup.
    07-08-10 12:10 PM
    Wiping won't remove it.

Open up the dial pad and dial ##000000, press send. This will take you to the CDMA Service Edit Screen and you can delete it from there by typing ten zeros over your number.
    So by putting 10zeros...save and reboot, what will happen? next time on the call screen what will it show? 10zeros?
    07-08-10 12:23 PM
    So by putting 10zeros...save and reboot, what will happen? next time on the call screen what will it show? 10zeros?
    yes

10char
    07-08-10 03:04 PM
    Then whomever you sell it to can use the same procedure to display their phone number when calling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 08:35 PM
    Wiping won't remove it.

Thanks, I knew there was a process, just couldn't remember.
    07-09-10 11:41 AM
    yes

10char
    10 char or 10 zeros???

When I first received my unlocked verizon phone, i tried to replace the numbers with mine. but seem like it only accept US number. So I never bother changing it. I simply backspace all the way and save it. the original owner number is still there but some of the setting with her/his number is gone.

Can we input +00000000000???

I doubt so since those are CDMA settings.
    07-10-10 11:02 AM
    OK! I tried adding a + to the number and can't save.

so...what i did to display my own number? i simply make up the amount of numbers required.

e.g. 6512345678 = 10 digits
    07-11-10 10:24 AM
    cool......
    07-11-10 06:37 PM
    10 char or 10 zeros???

When I first received my unlocked verizon phone, i tried to replace the numbers with mine. but seem like it only accept US number. So I never bother changing it. I simply backspace all the way and save it. the original owner number is still there but some of the setting with her/his number is gone.

Can we input +00000000000???

I doubt so since those are CDMA settings.
    I believe my method is limited to VZW only, which is the carrier the OP is on. If you're on an unlocked S2 using GSM (and I may be wrong here) I would think the SIM handles the associated number.

Then whomever you sell it to can use the same procedure to display their phone number when calling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The new owner's number will be programmed during activation (*228 opt 1)
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-12-10 at 09:18 AM.
    07-12-10 09:15 AM
    When i got hold of the verizon phone, the seller told me those are CDMA settings and from my understanding, other than changing the phone number, we should not meddle with the settings in that hidden menu.

Since I am a GSM user, and my country mobile number is only 8 digit, that CDMA hidden menu will need 10 digit. So I decided to put my country code 65 plus my 8 digit to make up 10 numbers. at least i feel better looking at my number.

My friend told me CDMA network phone don't need sim card but the phone must have CDMA settings. The last time my country had CDMA service was like 15 years or more ago.
    07-12-10 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD