I transfered a couple of AVI's to the Storm and they won't play. What format do they need to be to play?
    03-10-09 06:38 PM
    I convert all my movies to MP4 format...Use handbrake which is a free download converter that works great with really good quality.
    03-10-09 06:43 PM
    View Document
    03-10-09 06:45 PM
    what he said I use mobile dvd decrypter (not free) -- that is mp4 (quicktime mobile), works perfectly
    03-11-09 03:18 PM
    Doubletwist.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 03:45 PM
    I transfered a couple of AVI's to the Storm and they won't play. What format do they need to be to play?
    You can use Roxio in Desktop Manager to convert any video files to mp4. The conversion process is slow though. But Desktop Manager comes with your phone, so has no extra cost to you. Otherwise, you can find some sharewares out there to do the conversion.

03-11-09 03:50 PM
    Hey, I used handbrake last night to convert an Iron Man avi file I had, and it converted successfully to MP4, but when I put it on the storm and try to play it it doesnt play. I get green horizontal static lines across my screen.
    I re-connected the storm to my cpu, opened it up and played the file on my cpu FROM the storms video folder and it plays fine.
    I also tried a bat-pull and it still does it.

For some reason the file size is still 1.5gb. I thought it would go down a lot, but apparently not. Do you guys think this is part of the problem? Too big to play?

Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by romajr86; 03-13-09 at 08:52 AM.
    03-13-09 08:35 AM
    Doubletwist.com

yep. doubleTwist automatically does any file conversion transcoding necessary to transfer video, photos or music to your bb or most any other devices (you know you've got a gazillion of them.
    03-13-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD