I was wondering if anyone know of an adapter that would let me play music off the phone through the cars stereo.

thanks guys
    03-01-09 06:54 PM
    An fm transmitter, bluetooth stereo, or if ur feelin old-school cassette adapter would work. I've used all 3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 06:56 PM
    best sound is the cassette adapter

Sony CPA9C CD Adapter - CPA9C - Buy.com
    03-01-09 06:59 PM
    I use bluetooth and it works great, love it!
    03-01-09 07:06 PM
    actually, if you have an aux on your stereo, that would be the best, cassette's will produce some hiss. aux is clean and you can get an aux cord at best buy, etc.
    03-01-09 07:11 PM
    03-01-09 07:13 PM
    I use an aux cable for my storm. Plugs directly into my BB headphone jack to the head unit in the car. I play slacker mobile and my standard music player. Sounds perfect!

03-01-09 07:19 PM
    Bluetooth. You can get an bluetooth adapter that hooks into your stereo and go that way. Who wants to see wires coming out of something as sexy as the Storm.

You can find a good quaility bluetooth adapter for $50-$60.
    Most of them also allow you to use your car stereo as a handsfree option
    03-01-09 07:25 PM
    I have one of these and it works awesome. Works with Slacker too.
    03-01-09 07:28 PM
    Yeah I agree that Bluetooth is a nice way to go but when I used it before, it would really kill my battery after a while compared to just using a direct cable.

03-01-09 07:30 PM
    I use the aux. port on my radio and a $5 cable. great sound and i can use it for the phone too.
    03-01-09 07:56 PM
    I use an aux cable for my storm. Plugs directly into my BB headphone jack to the head unit in the car. I play slacker mobile and my standard music player. Sounds perfect!

Stife,

I'm a Storm and forum newbie so appreciate your sharing the brand/model of the aux. cable and where you bought it.

Thanks!
    05-28-09 03:47 PM
    An aux audio cable is a pretty generic item and I wouldn't worry about brand. Score one off ebay or Target and if that concens you, go to radio shack or your local electronics store like a Best Buy.

05-28-09 04:24 PM
    I used to have an fm transmitter but the sound quality was crappy so I took it back. If sound quality is a priority to you I would suggest staying away from the fm transmitter.

05-28-09 05:39 PM
    I use a Monster rca aux cable for an iPod. I was trying to figure out a way to wire an aux jack into my stereo, when my kid pointed to the rca aux jacks that are on my truck's roof for the DVD player. I had for got to look there.

Grey
    05-28-09 06:22 PM
    Can I do this even if I only have a single CD player in the car?

I do have the extra cigarette type connection if that is considered the Aux port. I use it to charge the phone.

Anyone have a linkie on what to buy?

TIA
    03-31-10 08:28 PM
    i use an AUX cable + car charger so i don't kill the battery.. but i think i may consider bluetooth... would be nice not having 2 messy wires coming out of my storm..
    03-31-10 10:33 PM
    Where is this infamous "aux cable" available ?
    04-01-10 07:39 AM
    Where is this infamous "aux cable" available ?
    you will most likely need a 3.5mm male - male cable

Amazon.com: Scosche IU3.5RC 3.5mm Retractable Cable: Electronics

the aux port in your car in not your secondary 12 Volt charge.. it's a 3.5mm jack. IF you have one.
    you have the same type of jack on the storm.
    04-01-10 01:14 PM
    you will most likely need a 3.5mm male - male cable

Amazon.com: Scosche IU3.5RC 3.5mm Retractable Cable: Electronics

the aux port in your car in not your secondary 12 Volt charge.. it's a 3.5mm jack. IF you have one.
    you have the same type of jack on the storm.

Thank you for clarifying this ... I was under the impression my 2nd 12 v charge was the aux port. I will have to check my system. I might me sol. I have a single CD player ... I know others with older tape decks are able to use the casette convertor - I take it there is nothing for cd ?
    04-01-10 01:54 PM
    i have the same issue in my 2007 accord. Getting a new head unit with the install kit will cost a ton. Have not found anything 3rd party that makes sense yet.

I might try out the Motorokr, and just take it back to the store if there's too much static. living in the city, I assume there will be
    04-01-10 01:58 PM
    There is also the VM 605 from BlackBerry, it works through the FM tuner and auto searches for an "empty" FM channel. I tried it and it works very well when it can find an empty FM channel! Jabra has one as well.

By far the best way is hard wired, but my chevy 2002 Trailblazer doesn't have the 3.5mm input jack, what were they thinking??
    04-01-10 04:39 PM
    There is also the VM 605 from BlackBerry, it works through the FM tuner and auto searches for an "empty" FM channel. I tried it and it works very well when it can find an empty FM channel! Jabra has one as well.

By far the best way is hard wired, but my chevy 2002 Trailblazer doesn't have the 3.5mm input jack, what were they thinking??

I have a 2000 Camaro SS with the single CD disc Monsoon system. It has an CD/Aux button but no input.

So the VM605 works for the Storm ?
    04-01-10 09:32 PM
    Bluetooth is best
    04-02-10 06:20 PM
    I have a 2000 Camaro SS with the single CD disc Monsoon system. It has an CD/Aux button but no input.

So the VM605 works for the Storm ?
    I assume so.
    04-02-10 06:22 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD