Good question...I don't know. Haven't been able to test that.

SignalLoc is still running in the background so, it's possible for it.

There's a setting in the SignalLoc options Under "GPS and Mapping" that has "GPS update interval (sec)" and the option to "Periodically add a current location landmark".

So, it should do just that. But, again, haven't tested this (It's REALLY cold out here...anyone ELSE wanna go for a walk this morning?)
    I went for a walk, but it didn't update. I had to go back to signal lock to get my current location. I had mylocation beta off in google maps, so I'll try again later with on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 06:06 PM
    I tried the turning My Location off...as well as disabling the GPS data from the app entirely (you can do this if the My Location (Beta) is disabled.

Still not updating location.

Then I thought maybe it's not 100% compatible with the newest version of Google Maps (ver. 3.0.1) so, I downgraded back to ver. 2.3.2, disabled My Location, turned off GPS access to the App...still no workie! Will not update location.

EDIT: A friend of mine also has a 9530 Storm on Verizon. He's running SignalLoc 1.0.1116. His app defaulted to Compatibility Mode but, he had no problem going into Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications...and disabling compatibility mode. Worked fine.
    Last edited by Habious; 02-08-09 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Added info about Compatibility Mode
    02-08-09 07:17 PM
    excellent find, thank you!
    02-08-09 09:17 PM
    Awsome find, but too much work for me ill just use BB maps till Google gets there map worked out
    02-08-09 11:05 PM
    Great job Habious!! Works like a charm.
    02-09-09 11:41 AM
    Sweet. Nice find, Habious!
    02-09-09 11:54 AM
    I have to ask...do you know how to disable compat mode? Are you looking in the right place? Options->advanced->apps->highlight app->bb button->disable

LOL.. I was screwing this up too. Kept trying to find this option WITHIN the signalloc app. When really the OPTIONS I was looking for was the blackberry options. This might help a few people.

BTW... would love for this to update too. Another app I would love to see work, but currently isn't, is locateA. That's another sweep app.
    02-09-09 12:15 PM
    I installed the new version of Signalloc. I am running .99 with compatibility mode currently turned off.

I ran the signalloc program, but I am not getting any GPS coordinates. Under Loc it says not available and Current says Not yet valid.

I have GPS turned on in my options. I also ran the program in compatibility mode and still got the same results.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?
    02-09-09 07:58 PM
    I installed the new version of Signalloc. I am running .99 with compatibility mode currently turned off.

I ran the signalloc program, but I am not getting any GPS coordinates. Under Loc it says not available and Current says Not yet valid.

I have GPS turned on in my options. I also ran the program in compatibility mode and still got the same results.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?
    Silly question...are you standing outside? I don't mean like near a window or by the door...actually honest-to-god outside?

That's the only way I can get a lock. I live in a condo and I have to go out on the balcony and hold my Storm in my hands over the edge of the railing to get a GPS lock.

Also, it may take upwards of a minute to acquire the lock.
    02-10-09 03:15 AM
    When I click show my position on a map, or whatever, there are no zoom icons in Google maps. My zoom in/out icons are always there unless I am displaying my position with signalloc
    02-10-09 06:23 AM
    When I click show my position on a map, or whatever, there are no zoom icons in Google maps. My zoom in/out icons are always there unless I am displaying my position with signalloc
    I get that too. If you bring up Google Maps and zoom in to your desired zoom level first, then bring up SignalLoc to "Show current loc on map", you can do it that way.
    02-10-09 07:37 AM
    Update : for those of us who've been trying to figure out how to get SignalLoc to continuously update our location on Google Maps, the "continuously update" part is not an option.

I contacted the developer of SignalLoc (yeah, persistent, ain't I?) and he states unambiguously that, unfortunately, the program cannot do this.

If you need to update your location, hold down the BB menu botton to bring up the app-switcher, click the SignalLoc icon, make sure it still has a GPS lock, hit the BB menu button, and choose "Show current loc on map".

I've updated the original post to reflect this information as well.
    02-10-09 07:41 AM
    Thanks for the great find Habious!!
    02-10-09 02:41 PM
    Any info on when GMM is going to change/update THEIR software to work with Verizon BB GPS's?
    02-10-09 02:42 PM
    5 pages is about 4 too many for me to read through and find out if the ability to pinpoint your address has been added instead of just lat/lon?
    02-10-09 05:45 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD