I have to ask...do you know how to disable compat mode? Are you looking in the right place? Options->advanced->apps->highlight app->bb button->disable
    I didn't want to ask this question either!

I also considered posting a couple of screenshots just to show that I'm not lying, I really can enable/disable compatibility mode on this app.

I wouldn't think that compatibility mode was a per-app thing...having the ability to run any app in "normal" or "compatibility" mode is a function of the OS, right?
    02-07-09 11:52 AM
    I didn't want to ask this question either!

I also considered posting a couple of screenshots just to show that I'm not lying, I really can enable/disable compatibility mode on this app.

I wouldn't think that compatibility mode was a per-app thing...having the ability to run any app in "normal" or "compatibility" mode is a function of the OS, right?
    I think so. The very strange thing is that the phone seems to decide randomly if it will be enabled or disabled when you install an app. Same app (i.e. WeatherBug)...it will come up enabled for some people and disabled for others. Yet another random difference between Storms.
    02-07-09 11:56 AM
    I don't fully agree. The compatibility mode possibility would also depend on whether the program can potentially work that way. I don't know whether is something about the settings that we have. We all have the latest Signal loc (16) and running diverse OS's.
    Someone mastering programming can help? I think this app is very cool since BBmaps is a pain but is the only way to work with the GPS.
    Afterall, once you have it set up you only open the app and go to BB key-Show in the map and work with GGmaps. So it's not that big a deal...
    02-07-09 12:00 PM
    I don't fully agree.
    You don't fully agree with what?
    02-07-09 12:03 PM
    With this

02-07-09 12:08 PM
    It works! I like it but it does not launch google map but instead it launches BB map. I went to map setting to change to google as default but it does not give me this option.

Can anyone show me how to set google map as my default map?

Thanks,
    02-07-09 12:33 PM
    It works! I like it but it does not launch google map but instead it launches BB map. I went to map setting to change to google as default but it does not give me this option.

Thanks,
    Open SignalLoc, Hit the BB menu button, click "Options", scroll down to the "GPS and Mapping" section, change "Mapping application" to "Google Maps", hit the back button, click Save.
    02-07-09 12:38 PM

Thanks,
    You have to install Google Maps.
    02-07-09 12:45 PM
    So no clue on the compatibility mode...
    I reinstalled, quickpulled, nothing
    02-07-09 12:47 PM
    I installed and it works, though I'm in compat mode with no option to disable.

The really wierd thing is another icon showed up in download with signal lock, called "bootfree stub" wtf
    Anyone ever see this? I'll be searching if no one has a clue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by catbertz; 02-07-09 at 01:30 PM.
    02-07-09 01:14 PM
    Awesome! it works! thank you guys!
    02-07-09 01:19 PM

The really wierd thing is another icon showed up in download with signal lock, called "bootfree stub" wtf
    Anyone ever see this? I'll be searching if no one has a clue.

Never mind. Searched and its a quickpull thing.

02-07-09 01:28 PM
    Ok, I have a question on the options. I have one feature that isn't shown on your OP. It says "Disable MDS for Google cell lookup Yes/No." What is this, and do you have any recommendations? I is currently set to no.
    02-07-09 03:19 PM
    Ok, I have a question on the options. I have one feature that isn't shown on your OP. It says "Disable MDS for Google cell lookup Yes/No." What is this, and do you have any recommendations? I is currently set to no.
    That's in case you use BES. The option allows you to force the request to bypass MDS and go directly to Google
    02-07-09 05:08 PM
    It works just fine. But when it opens with google maps, I can't get directions starting from the loc location. If I click get directions, it automatically puts it in the end location instead of the starting point.
    02-07-09 05:21 PM
    Well, I got it to work perfectly as described, but unfortunately, the red dot doesnt update on Google Latitude
    02-07-09 06:42 PM
    Why can't I get the keyboard to hide when I'm using SignalLoc?!?!

02-07-09 07:13 PM
    Why can't I get the keyboard to hide when I'm using SignalLoc?!?!

No one seems to know. "Disable Compatibility Mode" does not appear as an option on some Storms, and does appear on others. I'm now trying to find and downgrade to the prior version 1.0.1002 to see if the same thing happens.
    02-07-09 07:27 PM
    damn google. they dont allow gmm when u disable location permissions
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    02-07-09 07:52 PM
    okay.. if you go into google maps and go to help and then go to my location you can disable the my location feature. with that disabled the signal lock app will no longer be interrupted and will continue to get your gps location though it doesnt send your updated location to gmm automatically...
    02-07-09 07:58 PM
    Okay, I found and installed SignalLoc version 1.0.1002. (the prior version to the current one.) It installed and appears to work as well as the current version, BUT there is still no "Disable Compatibility Mode Option." Yes, I did several battery pulls. (FWIW, I'm running OS .99)

I'm stumped.
    02-07-09 08:05 PM
    Okay, I found and installed SignalLoc version 1.0.1002. (the prior version to the current one.) It installed and appears to work as well as the current version, BUT there is still no "Disable Compatibility Mode Option." Yes, I did several battery pulls. (FWIW, I'm running OS .99)

I'm stumped.
    I started with 1.0.1002 and then upgraded to 1.0.1116 when a previous poster gave the link to the newer version...with both versions I had no problem with it running in "full" mode...and I could enable compatibility mode, if I chose.

I'm running .99 as well. The only thing I can think of is that, when I installed .99, I took a few things out of the OS that I didn't need (VAD, extra language stuff, all the chat apps, etc). Can't imagine why the OS would care about this.
    02-07-09 09:30 PM
    I started with 1.0.1002 and then upgraded to 1.0.1116 when a previous poster gave the link to the newer version...with both versions I had no problem with it running in "full" mode...and I could enable compatibility mode, if I chose.

I'm running .99 as well. The only thing I can think of is that, when I installed .99, I took a few things out of the OS that I didn't need (VAD, extra language stuff, all the chat apps, etc). Can't imagine why the OS would care about this.
    Even weirder because I too had removed VAD, etc. prior to my OS install.

02-07-09 09:34 PM
    I'm running .75 & no "compatibility" option showing.

02-07-09 10:35 PM
    I can't IMAGINE it makes a difference but, if anyone cares to try...when I first went looking for SignalLoc, I found a very old release (which isn't Storm compatible, even in "Compatibility Mode").

After this didn't work, I found the 1.0.1002 that I first linked to in this thread.

I don't see how it could make a difference but, if someone who's not getting the option to disable Compatibility Mode wants to try it...

download this....

http://signallocbb.sourceforge.net/ota/signalloc.jad (OTA Link)

Run it...you'll see it doesn't work...

Then install this one over top of it...

http://f5bbutil.sourceforge.net/sign.../signalloc.jad (This is actually ver. 1.0.1116 but, that's all I can find an OTA link for now)

Like I said...I really don't think this would make a difference but, what the he||...won't hurt to try.
    02-07-09 11:27 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD