First post here. I have never had a smart phone, shopping for new phones and provider here. I came across the Storm last week and have been reading up on it since. I still have a bunch of questions on the whole BB system, but I will keep reading here and probably ask questions in other sections, but.....

Out of all the pro reviews and user comments I have not read one thing commenting on the call quality/signal of this phone. Anyone care to comment on this? For me it will be a phone first, then a calander/contacts, a few texts a day and surfing/email here and there. I spoke to a rep at US Cellular today and he seemed very knowlegable and commented that BB's have excellent call quality, wondering if that is true for the storm as well??
    11-21-08 07:26 PM
    I just posted about this, but the call quality is not good especially at max volume there is a distorted type of amplified sound when hearing the other person talk, this is just ridiculous in my opinion. It's one of the most important things to a phone.
    11-21-08 07:27 PM
    Thanks, I cannot keep up with all the traffic here , my post went quite a ways down in a few minutes. You are correct, phone call quality should be number one.
    11-21-08 07:37 PM
    I don't know if this will help as I don't have the phone, but I have heard a lot of people say that the call quality is excellent.
    11-21-08 07:40 PM
    But there are other threads about people complaining about call quality so I don't know if it is a phone specific issue or people haven't put it on max volume yet.
    11-21-08 07:42 PM
    I've only had 4-5 calls on it but I thought the call quality was great. Of course the 1 call from a T-mobile friend dropped 3 times during the course of the conversation but other Verizon and ATT folks sounded fine and said I sounded fine.
    11-21-08 07:43 PM
    I have made and received in access of 30 calls today since I received my storm this morning. The overall quality is great. The only time I hear any kind of distorting at all is if I'm calling somebody. When it's ringing it has a weird "digitized" sound while ringing, but as soon as they pick up, it sounds great.
    11-21-08 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD