I called telesales just a few minutes ago and ordered the Storm for myself and my brother! Kevin, the rep who helped me, was very friendly. He said that sometimes the phone gets released a little early so I could see it as early as the 20th. However, he also said that the reps are being kept in the dark just like the rest of us (he learned only today when he came into work about the Storm announcement) so he can't say for sure if the phone will arrive early. Below is Kevin's contact information. Call him and order one for yourself!

[ Note from Forum Moderator: Removed the Rep info.. Carriers don't like for us to have info posted like that. Sorry bout that! ]
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 11-13-08 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Removed Carrier Rep Contact Info
    11-13-08 12:05 PM
    They know the MSRP?
    11-13-08 12:07 PM
    I shot him an email asking a few questions.
    11-13-08 12:08 PM
    I don't know. I didn't ask because I was ordering the phone at the two year contract renewal price of $199 (after rebate). Since he was able to order the phone for me though I bet it he knows the MSRP.
    11-13-08 12:09 PM
    did he say when it was going to be shipped out?
    11-13-08 12:12 PM
    He could not say a date with certainty. Just that it would be sent via Fed-Ex.
    11-13-08 12:15 PM
    being 'south area telesales' is he allowed to sell to New England customers?
    11-13-08 12:16 PM
    I would suspect so because I was connected to him just by calling the general telesales phone number listed on VZW's website. It probably just refers to his location but that's just a guess.
    11-13-08 12:18 PM
    how much did you checkout for?
    11-13-08 12:21 PM
    Will we be able to order early online?
    11-13-08 12:22 PM
    I couldnt get through to this guy, but I managed to speak to another rep whose phone number I gave and said would call me that very morning, when she gets in at 8.

Hope she calls me between 8-8:30, I've got an exam at 8:30
    11-13-08 12:24 PM
    how much did you checkout for?
    My total was for over $500 because I ordered two phones at just over $250 each. Kevin said that the $50 rebate for each phone currently must be mailed in but that if it changes when the phone is actually shipped out he'll just instantly apply the credit.
    11-13-08 12:24 PM
    My total was for over $500 because I ordered two phones at just over $250 each. Kevin said that the $50 rebate for each phone currently must be mailed in but that if it changes when the phone is actually shipped out he'll just instantly apply the credit.
    they charge your CC yet? or when it ships?
    11-13-08 12:26 PM
    How much was overnight shipping?
    Will we be able to order early online?
    No clue. I don't see it on VZW's site at the moment. I'm just glad to know that my Storm is on it's way!
    How much was overnight shipping?
    I'm not sure if I got overnight shipping or two day shipping, but whatever it was it was free.
    11-13-08 12:28 PM
    I'm not sure if I got overnight shipping or two day shipping, but whatever it was it was free.
    So, was it shipped out? Did you get a tracking number? Any confirmation that your order was placed and on its way?
    11-13-08 12:29 PM
    No clue. I don't see it on VZW's site at the moment. I'm just glad to know that my Storm is on it's way!
    What do you mean "on it's way?" I thought you said the guy didn't know when it would ship?
    11-13-08 12:29 PM
    Kevin said that they can only bill up to $250 per line over the phone so that I would need to pay down part of the balance to get it below than that limit. I elected just to pay the entire balance of a little over $500 for both phones because it's all coming from the same place in the end.
    11-13-08 12:31 PM
    What do you mean "on it's way?" I thought you said the guy didn't know when it would ship?
    I didn't mean it that literally. Just that the phone is ordered and will ship out as soon as it's available. There is nothing left for me to do other than meet the Fed-Ex guy at the door.
    11-13-08 12:32 PM
    I just called and here is what I was told.

They are not taking "Pre-Orders". What they are doing is setting everything up to make the sale as soon as the phone becomes available. They said that the phone would not be delivered on the 21st unless they let them release the phones early. They would SHIP OUT on the 21st.

Also, they can do nothing for current customers that are not eligible for renewal. If this is you.... Which I am in this boat.... Then you contact Customer service and they will set you up to be charged and your phone shipped on the 21st or earliest release date.

I hope this does not make people too upset. If by Monday night the 24th or before I have a storm in my hands then I will be happy.

**Edit - Also they did not know what full retail would be. So your card could be charged for $100 or $900 they don't know.
    Last edited by Primate; 11-13-08 at 12:38 PM.
    11-13-08 12:33 PM
    Oh Ok. You got me excited there for a second. I'll give the guy a call later during lunch time.
    11-13-08 12:33 PM
    So, was it shipped out? Did you get a tracking number? Any confirmation that your order was placed and on its way?
    I exchanged a couple e-mails with Kevin because I had to give him a separate address for one of the phones to be shipped to. I received no confirmation that the order was actually placed. Regarding a tracking number, in one of his e-mails he said:

Once it ships you should get an email confirmation with the tracking number. It is automated so if you do not receive it don't be worried. You can call or email me and I can give you the information.

Thanks,

Kevin.
    11-13-08 12:34 PM
    I just called and here is what I was told.

They are not taking "Pre-Orders". What they are doing is setting everything up to make the sale as soon as the phone becomes available. They said that the phone would not be delivered in the 21st unless they let them release the phones early. They would SHIP OUT on the 21st.

Also, they can do nothing for current customers that are not eligible for renewal. If this is you.... Which I am in this boat.... Then you contact Customer service and they will set you up to be charged and your phone shipped on the 21st or earliest release date.
    That being said, I might as well wait until next week to see if it's shipping out earlier than the 21st.
    11-13-08 12:34 PM
    I just checked online and my card has not been charged yet. I don't know whether my card will be charged immediately or only when the phone is shipped.
    11-13-08 12:38 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD