When I first got my S1 and then S2, I was cleaning the screen and polishing the rest of it all the time with a cloth used for eyeglass cleaning. Was a bit OCD with it, I must admit.

Now though, I barely want to take the effort to wipe it on my dirty jeans after I get fried chicken grease on it.

Use to keep it in a nice holster, then a case. Now it's naked and not really any problems, other than normal wear and tear.

BTW, I actually have a spare S2 in pristine condition that I bought from a friend who went Droid on me. He sold it to me for $50, was back in a month wanting to buy it back because he hated the Droid. Too bad so sad. Actually, I should have stated I bought it from an ex-friend for $50, lol. Seller beware!

Anyway I suppose that's probably why I don't pay so much attention anymore.

How about you?
    Last edited by dkingsf; 09-09-10 at 05:30 PM.
    09-09-10 05:05 PM
    every time im done using it i alteast wipe it on my shirt if not my glasses cleaning cloth that i use most of the time and i always keep it in the BB magnet leather swivle holster
    09-09-10 05:21 PM
    I'm clean mine all the time with my shirt after breathing on it.

Once a day I clean it using a lens clearner (from WEal-Mart) and micro fiber cloth.

Good Luck
    09-09-10 08:46 PM
    everytime i look at it...lol. im so OCD about it i think i need a shrink. i have clean clothes in a basket on the floor but dammit my phone screen is spotless
    09-09-10 09:33 PM
    i use a baby wipe on it every night when i get home from work. a lot of people are not aware that cell phones are worse than doorknobs when it comes to germs. of course i also do a quick wipe with my tee-shirt as necessary during the day to keep the screen pristine
    09-09-10 09:48 PM
    I clean mine once a week with alcohol. Take a piece of paper towel lightly douse with 70% and rub it down. Then I open the case, take the battery out and use a compressed air can to blow the dust of the crevices.

Should add I use by BT headset quite a lot on the phone, so I don't have to hold it.
    09-09-10 10:06 PM
    I've been OCD at first with my phones, especially since my first BlackBerry. But I've found that no matter how careful you are with the phone, there's something bound to happen to it (e.g. you drop it, lint, dirt, smudges, etc.).
    Putting a case on the BB takes away from its beauty; it also adds bulk. While, the holster adds some bulk to the BB, personally, it's the best way to go. It does a great job of keeping away most of the dirt and keeps the phone well protected. Most of all, it keeps the fluidity and beauty of the BB.

But then again, to each his own.

Regardless of how you rock the BlackBerry, something will happen to it though; it's inevitable. I guess it's just the severity that differs depending on how you protect it or lack thereof.
    09-09-10 10:31 PM
    I clean mine once a week with alcohol. Take a piece of paper towel lightly douse with 70% and rub it down. Then I open the case, take the battery out and use a compressed air can to blow the dust of the crevices....
    Now that is REALLY OCD!
    09-10-10 06:54 AM
    For hygiene purposes I wipe down my device and the case quite a bit with alocohol wipes. In fact when I got my Curve 8520 I cleaned it almost everyday but I guess I got lazy after a while I would clean my S2 everyday if not for the fear of scratching the device. I'm still waiting for my PhantomSkinz to arrive and it's taking ages. Really slow shipping compared to how soon I got my Epik case(<1 week from US to Singapore).
    09-10-10 09:25 AM
    For hygiene purposes I wipe down my device and the case quite a bit with alocohol wipes. In fact when I got my Curve 8520 I cleaned it almost everyday but I guess I got lazy after a while I would clean my S2 everyday if not for the fear of scratching the device. I'm still waiting for my PhantomSkinz to arrive and it's taking ages. Really slow shipping compared to how soon I got my Epik case(<1 week from US to Singapore).
    I understand what you're saying, but what worries me when I use a solution - I am afraid of "stuff" getting down inside the cracks around the glass.
    09-10-10 11:41 AM
    Easy off and some 150 grit sandpaper.
    09-10-10 01:08 PM
    Easy off and some 150 grit sandpaper.
    But what about the phone?
    09-10-10 02:44 PM
    Maybe once a week...eye glass cleaning fluid, and a microfiber. Us the BT a lot. Of course there's always what Dave said!
    09-10-10 02:50 PM
    Maybe once a week...eye glass cleaning fluid, and a microfiber. Us the BT a lot. Of course there's always what Dave said!
    In all seriousness, I use Klear Screen. Awesome polymer that I bought originally to clean laptop screens. I don't like using windex on the glass because my finger doesn't slide easily after cleaning with window cleaner. The polymer leaves plastic SHINY and the glass spotless and smooth (well, actually I use a screen protector, but the result is the same). works great on a black Keurig coffee maker too...
    09-10-10 04:02 PM
    In all seriousness, I use Klear Screen. Awesome polymer that I bought originally to clean laptop screens. I don't like using windex on the glass because my finger doesn't slide easily after cleaning with window cleaner. The polymer leaves plastic SHINY and the glass spotless and smooth (well, actually I use a screen protector, but the result is the same). works great on a black Keurig coffee maker too...
    Dude, we agree AGAIN!!!??? lol
    09-10-10 09:16 PM
    Dude, we agree AGAIN!!!??? lol
    If you sift through Dave's wonderful sarcasm, you'd be surprised just how much we can agree upon!
    09-11-10 07:11 AM
    I clean mine with my shirt sleeve every time I sneeze and blow snot all over it.

Am I allowed to say "snot"?
    09-11-10 09:15 AM
    I clean mine with my shirt sleeve every time I sneeze and blow snot all over it.

Am I allowed to say "snot"?

Evidently, yes. Not sure about boogers though.

EDIT: Boogers are OK too.
    09-11-10 09:17 AM
    If you sift through Dave's wonderful sarcasm, you'd be surprised just how much we can agree upon!
    sarcasm IS my forte!
    09-11-10 11:26 AM
    I clean my screen whenever I notice a smudge or something on it.
    I'm a bit OCD with it too, so you might just see me wiping my screen with the underside of my shirt a lot all the time.
    09-11-10 11:52 AM
    sarcasm IS my forte!
    For some of us, it's a gift.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 01:36 PM
    Evidently, yes. Not sure about boogers though.

EDIT: Boogers are OK too.
    According to Dr. Johnny. Fever

09-12-10 01:39 PM
    According to Dr. Johnny. Fever

loved that show (for those not in the know, that would be WKRP in Cincinnati)
    09-12-10 01:43 PM
    Clean my S2 all the time. Can't stand finger prints or face grease lol use a shirt ,cloth or napkin any thing around me lol OCD maybe. I also wash my case its a cheap silicone case always get dusty and dirty I wash it off like 3 times a day it must attract dust

09-13-10 04:43 AM
    I never clean my screen. I just take it back to Verizon for a waranty exchange every two months because the screen is dirty!

Disclaimer: this is a joke.
    09-13-10 07:58 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD