Ok...got a Droid X coming from Verizon Tues. and I was going to put the Storm2 on Ebay or Craigslist. Got an Otterbox Commuter and a Defender case for it plus some free apps and Tether. The Storm2 is fresh out the box as a certified refurb. (number 6 but that's another story) How much should I ask for it?
    07-17-10 03:55 PM
    $5 and send it to me. LOL. I think they see fetching like $230 on EBay. I saw one in craigs for $150. That is without the accesories.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 03:59 PM
    Don't mention it is a refurb and definitely get it unlocked, if it isn't already.

Unlocking it cost either nothing or next to nothing, but makes it much more of a desirable product to buyers.
    07-17-10 04:08 PM
    What's the best route to take to go about getting it unlocked for free? I don't want to spend another dime on this thing!

07-17-10 05:33 PM
    Whatever you do.... just make sure you describe the item as it is. no need to mention about it being a refurbish. However, if the phone have any problems, scratches etc please be honest when selling else the buyer will chase after you via ebay and paypal.
    07-17-10 05:37 PM
    Why not take pics and sell it on crackberry to your fellow crackheads?
    07-17-10 05:43 PM
    Why not take pics and sell it on crackberry to your fellow crackheads?
    true..........except I don't have 100 posts yet.
    Last edited by Carolina Gamecock; 07-17-10 at 07:40 PM.
    07-17-10 06:25 PM
    did some looking around and the phone says security disabled. That means "unlocked" right?
    07-17-10 06:35 PM
    i just sold a spare unlocked refurb(also pristine) for $100 including working with the buyer to contact VZN and activate it with data plan, get his GM set up, installed DM and showed him how it works, copied some cod's and the alx file for some of the better free apps from one of my backups, showed him how BBM is better and gave him my PIN to contact me for questions.

I think the prices above are too high for a used phone, even an S2, and even though OS6 will be out and it will run on it. JMO
    07-18-10 09:21 AM
    did some looking around and the phone says security disabled. That means "unlocked" right?
    No!!!!! I think that mean the sim itself have password setup and sim security is enabled.

e.g. When you power up your phone, there is 2 option.

1. Prompt SIM password. Incorrect sim password = sim lock
    2. Prompt Phone password. Incorect phone password = phone wipe

SO!!!!! Its not unlock dude...

if your phone is original from VZN then it is definitely not unlock. Pls call verizon first.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-18-10 at 09:40 AM.
    07-18-10 09:38 AM
    i just sold a spare unlocked refurb(also pristine) for $100 including working with the buyer to contact VZN and activate it with data plan, get his GM set up, installed DM and showed him how it works, copied some cod's and the alx file for some of the better free apps from one of my backups, showed him how BBM is better and gave him my PIN to contact me for questions.

I think the prices above are too high for a used phone, even an S2, and even though OS6 will be out and it will run on it. JMO
    You are really nice to provide after sale service!!!

Yes, for a 2 year old technology and for a 1 year old keyboard?

Wahaha. I am really hoping to get another storm2 for 100. I don't need any assist in setup but I do hope its still working good condition and most importantly....UNLOCKED!
    07-18-10 09:42 AM
    You are really nice to provide after sale service!!!

Yes, for a 2 year old technology and for a 1 year old keyboard?

Wahaha. I am really hoping to get another storm2 for 100. I don't need any assist in setup but I do hope its still working good condition and most importantly....UNLOCKED!
    Ain't many left like me for sure...

Noob to BB user, he had been considering getting one but was a bit intimidated. After completed everything, gave him the url for crackberry.com. He may be here now.....
    Last edited by dkingsf; 07-18-10 at 10:42 AM.
    07-18-10 10:39 AM
    he sure got a good deal!!! I want to buy another storm2, who can sell me his/her at 100???
    07-18-10 10:45 AM
    dumb questioin...but why would you want a second storm2?
    07-18-10 11:04 AM
    dumb questioin...but why would you want a second storm2?
    Asking me? Because I find the storm2 is a very good phone!!! Of course, its not for myself since I already using it. Im getting it for someone.

Of course there will be new bb coming soon next few months, 9800? but doesn't matter because if I can get a storm2 at 100, it is value for money considering all the things this phone can do. Not going to spend money on droid or iphone or any latest phone.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-18-10 at 11:16 AM.
    07-18-10 11:14 AM
    I'd buy an S2 for $100 no doubt.

07-18-10 12:36 PM
    Well that was easy. Called up Verizon and asked for the unlock code and boom...unlocked storm2.
    07-18-10 05:36 PM
    Well that was easy. Called up Verizon and asked for the unlock code and boom...unlocked storm2.
    I have been telling folk on forums that for months and they think I am just taking the ****!!!!

For the record 'Vodafone UK' are handing out the codes as well now.
    07-18-10 06:36 PM
    I have been telling folk on forums that for months and they think I am just taking the ****!!!!

For the record 'Vodafone UK' are handing out the codes as well now.
    I think VZW unlocks 1 device per customer per 2 years or something like that.
    07-18-10 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD