Patches I am sure no explanation is required in terms of what a NDA means. However, if the NDA pertains to not releasing certain proprietary secrets or software than that's fine. However, once that information is in the public domain the document becomes mute because anyone can discuss details of public information (hence it's no longer a secret). So people hiding behind NDA's doesn't really make sense. Obviously CX cannot leak OS's due to NDA's but can he address issues regarding leaks that a publicly know, yup he sure can.
    05-13-09 06:10 PM
    Here's another question.... How much money is it costing Microsoft when people run Windows 7? Ohhhh.... what?.... kinda puts it in perspective a little bit, doesn't it?

I find it amuzing that people return their phones when an OS doesn't work on it, but they don't return their PCs when an OS load doesn't work on them....
    Exactly!!!
    05-13-09 06:14 PM
    So no answer about the topic that caused my banishment?

Just wondering.
    05-13-09 06:15 PM

Just wondering.
    I saw you got banned but didn't get the gist of what happened.
    05-13-09 06:16 PM
    Patches I am sure no explanation is required in terms of what a NDA means. However, if the NDA pertains to not releasing certain proprietary secrets or software than that's fine. However, once that information is in the public domain the document becomes mute because anyone can discuss details of public information (hence it's no longer a secret). So people hiding behind NDA's doesn't really make sense. Obviously CX cannot leak OS's due to NDA's but can he address issues regarding leaks that a publicly know, yup he sure can.
    i see your point, but to play devil's (or VZW or RIM) advoate, they could argue that his opinion and info stems directly from his position, where he could or couldn't potentially have the same information if he didn't have that position. i've dealt with arguing defense on a breach of NDA with corporate security before. VZW tried to say that i leaked documents about nationwide unlimited pricing from a training (that i wasn't even part of until a week after it launched. sinus infections suck). they also tried to say that my discussion of VZW policies and plans (even though they were public information and available on the internet) was a breach do to my "expert training from the company"...all i'm trying to do is point out that its a very slippery slope, maybe save some other people from the crap i went through.
    05-13-09 06:17 PM
    my point is NDA = non-disclosure, the leak part is only a portion of the agreement...so if you're arguing that leaks are a breach of NDA, then you're only arguing part of the agreement. the whole agreement needs to be enforced, if you're going to enforce it that is. that is what i meant by hypocricy. my point is general, not pointed at any one person in particular, because everyone who has an NDA has used pulled the card, based on their decision vs. following the agreement they legally signed and not discussing anything.
    That's the problem, your point is too general. Yes I'm talking about a specific part. Considering you don't know the terms of the agreement, how can you say any other violation has occured and said person/people haven't violated??
    That's why I said this isn't much of a discussion because all parties involved don't know the particulars.
    05-13-09 06:17 PM

Just wondering.
    I would direct you to the last post of this thread--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/i-...71/index5.html

I'm not sure how your banishment has anything to do with this discussion. But your banishment will not be discussed in these forums.
    05-13-09 06:19 PM
    That's the problem, your point is too general. Yes I'm talking about a specific part. Considering you don't know the terms of the agreement, how can you say any other violation has occured and said person/people haven't violated??
    That's why I said this isn't much of a discussion because all parties involved don't know the particulars.
    so then i need to practice what i preach:
    "never make general statements. they will always get you in trouble"

read my last post before this response and you'll understand a bit more why i'm bringing this up.
    05-13-09 06:21 PM
    so then i need to practice what i preach:
    "never make general statements. they will always get you in trouble"

read my last post before this response and you'll understand a bit more why i'm bringing this up.
    Completely agree with what you're saying in that post. It is a slippery slope. And usually best to side with caution when it comes to things like NDAs
    05-13-09 06:23 PM
    I would direct you to the last post of this thread--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/i-...71/index5.html

I'm not sure how your banishment has anything to do with this discussion. But your banishment will not be discussed in these forums.
    Was it right for them to be doing what they were doing? Wasn't that illegal? Wasn't that even worse because they were making a profit off of them?

Where was the indignation then?

Where was RIM legal there?
    05-13-09 06:25 PM
    I, however, no loger have an NDA so i'll just leech trade secrets and proprietary software into the interwebz unchecked until they issue a gag order lmfao!
    05-13-09 06:26 PM
    valace, i think that your discussion has past the useful and needs to become a PM discussion with somebody.
    05-13-09 06:27 PM
    valace, i think that your discussion has past the useful and needs to become a PM discussion with somebody.
    Im done anyway. Gonna stop before something bad happens.
    Last edited by Valace2; 05-13-09 at 06:38 PM.
    05-13-09 06:33 PM
    Im done anyway. Gonna stop before something bad happens. Radio did a pretty good job of trashing me anyway.
    Patches: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.
    Valace: It jumped up a notch.
    Patches: It did, didn't it?
    Radio: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.
    Patches: I saw that. Radio killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?
    Radio: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.
    Patches: Radio, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.
    05-13-09 06:39 PM
    i see your point, but to play devil's (or VZW or RIM) advoate, they could argue that his opinion and info stems directly from his position, where he could or couldn't potentially have the same information if he didn't have that position. i've dealt with arguing defense on a breach of NDA with corporate security before. VZW tried to say that i leaked documents about nationwide unlimited pricing from a training (that i wasn't even part of until a week after it launched. sinus infections suck). they also tried to say that my discussion of VZW policies and plans (even though they were public information and available on the internet) was a breach do to my "expert training from the company"...all i'm trying to do is point out that its a very slippery slope, maybe save some other people from the crap i went through.
    Well said Patches I agree with your position. And you're right always best to side with caution especially when VZW has more lawyers than I have money in bank account
    05-13-09 07:42 PM
    and yet, no love for the anchorman reference??? this site suxxorz
    05-13-09 07:46 PM
    and yet, no love for the anchorman reference??? this site suxxorz
    haven't seen it.

I think I killed this thread anyway.
    05-13-09 07:50 PM
    haven't seen it.

I think I killed this thread anyway.
    Aneurism
    i just had one
    05-13-09 07:51 PM
    Aneurism
    i just had one
    Share the love
    05-13-09 07:54 PM
    dude i'm seeing like 4 of everything...most people gotta pay good money for this kind of mind altering experience!! and to think all it took was valace admitting he fails at life...*ahem* hasn't seen one of the best movies of all time, thats what i meant.

sorry, brain damage, remember?
    05-13-09 07:57 PM
    dude i'm seeing like 4 of everything...most people gotta pay good money for this kind of mind altering experience!! and to think all it took was valace admitting he fails at life...*ahem* hasn't seen one of the best movies of all time, thats what i meant.

sorry, brain damage, remember?
    I must have the drain bamage, I am not getting it,
    05-13-09 08:14 PM
    I see you guys still haven't learned the #1 Rule of Fight Club.
    05-13-09 08:49 PM
    what fight club?
    05-13-09 09:01 PM
    There is no fight club

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 09:05 PM
    I see you guys still haven't learned the #1 Rule of Fight Club.
    Never go in against a Sicilian when death's on the line?

No, that's not right.
    05-13-09 09:07 PM
101 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD