answer to original question...

there is no way to quantify what you're talking about. so we'll use theoretical internet dollars...

chocolate rain has made more than those companies combined have lost, obviously after the calls they've avoided when users came here, and subtract what they're paying kevin to lock down all the super duper stuff they give him

$7 theoretical internet dollars
    05-13-09 12:40 AM
    Oh, I am with ya.....I emailed vz about visual voicemail and decided to ask about storm OS...and they replied: "the replacement new storm that you will receive has the latest software that fixes a lot of bugs" and so on...then the person says, "when a future upgrade is released, you will be able to download it at no charge" and so on....oh I wrote him back all I vented!!! I was like you call December 2008 newest? Well here is a list of bugs: reboots, slow, laggy, freezes....and I listed them...and then the "no charge" thing just threw me over the edge ....I am way more calmer now
    you mean that they will give you free patches to your os?\

now that was funny
    no one wants you to have their real address....
    I will take some dots with a link to OS as well
    you mean that they will give you free patches to your os?\

now that was funny
    Yeah, sorta....
    05-13-09 12:41 AM
    sorry, nda's and stuff. although, i will say say that the new gui is amazing
    05-13-09 12:44 AM
    BTW Mr. Patches, you hit 2 grand posts!!! Congrats
    05-13-09 12:49 AM
    lmfao!!!!!! kudos, will consider
    05-13-09 12:49 AM
    sorry, nda's and stuff. although, i will say say that the new gui is amazing
    flick scrolling and more multitouch options combined with a telepathic bluetooth receiver so that people won't be annoyed when you talk in the elevator and in the line at Taco Smell?

I don't want all the crap, I would just like it to run smoother. Sometimes I really miss my Pearl. Next to no app memory, tiny screen, and slow internet speeds aside it ran smooth
    05-13-09 12:50 AM
    no one wants you to have their real address....
    Actually I have sent out about 10 or so shipments.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 12:51 AM
    look at that!!!
    05-13-09 12:51 AM
    Actually I have sent out about 10 or so shipments.

I was going to hit you up for some, but I realized I already had something just as good.
    05-13-09 12:55 AM
    I still have a pack with like 10 sheets of dots in it
    05-13-09 12:56 AM
    flick scrolling and more multitouch options combined with a telepathic bluetooth receiver so that people won't be annoyed when you talk in the elevator and in the line at Taco Smell?

I don't want all the crap, I would just like it to run smoother. Sometimes I really miss my Pearl. Next to no app memory, tiny screen, and slow internet speeds aside it ran smooth
    like I said, not what you are expecting. not even a little bit.
    05-13-09 12:57 AM
    like I said, not what you are expecting. not even a little bit.
    I am looking for some directions...check your PM
    05-13-09 01:00 AM
    ah well screw it. am sure people will line up tommorow (again) to call me a complainer and a whiner.

Night all.
    I find it amuzing that people return their phones when an OS doesn't work on it, but they don't return their PCs when an OS load doesn't work on them....
    I dunno where you live, around my parts these ID-10Ts thrown their PCs out when the OS load craps out, they just assume it's broken because they don't know anything about PCs and apparently can't read. They just run off to Walmart and buy a new one, use it until they mess it up; and the cycle continues. Oh well, what can one expect out of crackheads? I do live in the city where the ex-police chief and his wife are behind bars for dealing crack and 4:20
    last i checked, leaks cost about 3 fifty
    05-13-09 01:08 AM
    Verizon doesn't care that much, I've ever heard stories of Verizon reps telling people to download leaks from crackberry....
    05-13-09 09:10 AM
    verizon cares plenty much, they realize that if they **** us all off we can split and go somewhere else...and the fact that reps are telling people to load leaks is proof. if they didn't care they'd say "sucks to be you".
    05-13-09 10:56 AM
    how much does a VZW CSR get paid to spend an hour on the phone with a customer running a leaked OS that is causing the problem (as in doesn't exist on .75)

How does this imapct VZW's satisfaction rate for all the other customers in que to speak to the enxt availabel CSR?

How does one calcualte the imapct when a leaked OS revela to the competition a direction RIM is headed in [For Example Oh look RIM is including all 3 different portrait Keybaords]
    05-13-09 01:12 PM
    how much does a VZW CSR get paid to spend an hour on the phone with a customer running a leaked OS that is causing the problem (as in doesn't exist on .75)

How does this imapct VZW's satisfaction rate for all the other customers in que to speak to the enxt availabel CSR?

How does one calcualte the imapct when a leaked OS revela to the competition a direction RIM is headed in [For Example Oh look RIM is including all 3 different portrait Keybaords]
    Touche...you've won the battle, but you won't win the war!!!
    05-13-09 01:22 PM
    I dunno where you live, around my parts these ID-10Ts thrown their PCs out when the OS load craps out, they just assume it's broken because they don't know anything about PCs and apparently can't read. They just run off to Walmart and buy a new one, use it until they mess it up; and the cycle continues. Oh well, what can one expect out of crackheads? I do live in the city where the ex-police chief and his wife are behind bars for dealing crack and 4:20

You might wanna consider movin....

05-13-09 01:26 PM

Ok then ask yourself how many people kept their storms knowing that they could upgrade it an then ask yourself how much money sites like cb saves them.

05-13-09 01:30 PM

An I am sure RIMs super duper secret third keyboard was just such important information that apple was quaking in their boots.

05-13-09 01:38 PM
    I'm just trying to get a grip on just how much money it costs RIM/VZW/AT&T/ROGERS when a leak happens.

I get frustrated when people tell me that they would prefer leaks not happen and then cite the cost.

I know that it is almost impossible to get any of those numbers I asked for, but how can they say they with such certainty that leaks cause those companies that many problems.

Multi billion dollar companies are worried about this?? They lose that much money to this?

Come on how many Blackberry users actually update there phones as often as all of us. Then ask how many of those users brick their devices and the go crying to their carrier to fix it.

I am just trying to understand this.
    Yes it costs money. But it's more of an issue because if people honored their agreement it wouldn't happen in the first place. So it's particular annoying that said company not only pays these employees on a regular basis, but also loses money because of these same employees.
    Just look around at the threads. Theres plenty of them that have said they bricked their device trying to upgrade, and just took it back and got another because they couldn't recover it.
    Because that device is still under warranty, the carrier is required to send it back to the manufacturer. Which then gets the device, hands it off to forensics, who then in turn finds out it only has no device software loaded, but the manufacturer has already honored the warranty and sent out a new device when it should not have. That's how it costs money. And it happens plenty.
    Yeah it's about the money. But it's also about the fact people are violating a legally binding agreement. Why can't people just do what they said they would???
    05-13-09 02:10 PM
101 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD