My post was retracted for me. Don't know why.
    07-21-10 02:04 PM
    Here are some recent completed sales:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/wts...extras-493903/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/wts...extras-493716/
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-21-10 at 02:24 PM.
    07-21-10 02:20 PM
    That said I'm not 100% with you on the car analogy. The reason a high mileage would effect total value is wear on moving parts. As that is not the case on a phone I would be far more concerned with how the device was protected over the course of its life. Would rather have a 1yr old phone that was perfectly protected than one 2 months old left to the elements by an owner that is not nearly as anal as I am
    So you are saying that the surepress, the speaker, mic, earphone jack, LCD etc, parts of the phone will not wear off? How about i plug in the out of the earphone jack for 365days? at least 1 time per day? we can't rule out the earphone jack is already damage to certain extend. how about usb port? its part of the phone and certain parts hidden. I am sure its been plug in/out daily for 1 time at least for charging. Are you saying that the usb port will never get damage? what if after you bought it and after a few times of found the port not charging any more? because the electronic parts in the phone is worn out? i can go on and on on. Any hardware is due to wear off after period of usage. I wish my bb can last forever but thats impossible. Its all luck if the electronic will fail on you.

When you say 1 year old phone that was perfectly protected, can you define that? I can tell you every phone that was in otterbox defender since day 1 will look almost the same when you took it out of the otterbox 1 year later! If you mean cosmetic wise. But internal how many falls we dont know!!!

just my thoughts. i been through those bad days.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-21-10 at 02:45 PM.
    07-21-10 02:34 PM
    My post was retracted for me. Don't know why.
    It was mod edited.
    07-21-10 02:36 PM
    Here are some recent completed sales:
    That doesn't prove anything. It only show there's willing buyer and seller. Its case by case. When the property market hit a high price, everyone selling their houses in million dollars deal, that doesn't really tell anything that the house really worth million, it could be a bubble effect!!!

We never know if the buyer will regret after getting the item after some time. Maybe one day he/she will realised, "gosh, he told me it new mint but its already 1 year old! and its refurbished set!" But then again, he/she may be glad at least its still working but he/she may later feel regret paying that pricing etc when the phone break down. For sure in above case, the seller is happy. We can see even people buying direct from telco at a low price already complaint a lot in this forum about their BNIB phone. I would say case by case.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-21-10 at 02:41 PM.
    07-21-10 02:37 PM
    That doesn't prove anything. It only show there's willing buyer and seller. Its case by case. We never know if the buyer will regret after getting the item after some time. For sure in above case, the seller is happy. We can see even people buying direct from telco at a low price already complaint a lot in this forum about their BNIB phone. I would say case by case.
    It proves they are selling for more than $100. No item is worth anything unless someone is willing to pay for it.

I sold, LAST WEEK, a Storm1, for $100. It was in like new condition: no scratches on the screen, case, battery cover) and had all the accessories. I threw in all the extras I bought for it. They are worthless to me without the device. So if I got $100 for my S1, you can bet I'd expect more for a newer device.

I have no idea what telco is, nor do I know or care why people aren't happy.

As for regretting something after time, that applies to anything and everything. I bought my S2 new, and I regret it. I should have waited for the Bold, which I ended up with anyway.
    07-21-10 02:43 PM
    It proves they are selling for more than $100. No item is worth anything unless someone is willing to pay for it.

So if I got $100 for my S1, you can bet I'd expect more for a newer device.

I have no idea what telco is, nor do I know or care why people aren't happy.

As for regretting something after time, that applies to anything and everything. I bought my S2 new, and I regret it. I should have waited for the Bold, which I ended up with anyway.
    Ok i got your point which is correct. Thats why I also mentioned similar that more new phones are coming out lately and older phone prices will drop.

Telco = company like T-Mobile, Verizon etc.

I am waiting to see the "S3" if its actually really a S2 revision with higher specs. That may push down older phone prices maybe?
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-21-10 at 02:54 PM.
    07-21-10 02:52 PM
    So you are saying that the surepress, the speaker, mic, earphone jack, LCD etc, parts of the phone will not wear off? How about i plug in the out of the earphone jack for 365days? at least 1 time per day? we can't rule out the earphone jack is already damage to certain extend. how about usb port? its part of the phone and certain parts hidden. I am sure its been plug in/out daily for 1 time at least for charging. Are you saying that the usb port will never get damage? what if after you bought it and after a few times of found the port not charging any more? because the electronic parts in the phone is worn out? i can go on and on on. Any hardware is due to wear off after period of usage. I wish my bb can last forever but thats impossible. Its all luck if the electronic will fail on you.

When you say 1 year old phone that was perfectly protected, can you define that? I can tell you every phone that was in otterbox defender since day 1 will look almost the same when you took it out of the otterbox 1 year later! If you mean cosmetic wise. But internal how many falls we dont know!!!

just my thoughts. i been through those bad days.
    Ok fair enough.

I'm just super anal with my phones and have sold BB's that I've had for about a yr for good amounts of money without feeling bad for the buyer because I knew the device was in great condition.

I guess it's all part of the risk one takes when buying off contract.
    07-21-10 02:52 PM
    Ok i got your point which is correct. Thats why I also mentioned similar that more new phones are coming out lately and older phone prices will drop.
    Ok, we agree, and since S2 is still the newest touch-based device, it commands higher prices in the secondary market, which btw seems to be brisk by the number of posts on CB, CL, and ebay.

Ok fair enough.

I'm just super anal with my phones and have sold BB's that I've had for about a yr for good amounts of money without feeling bad for the buyer because I knew the device was in great condition.

My phones are in like-new condition too, and yes, the buyer assumes a lot of risk.
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-21-10 at 03:00 PM.
    07-21-10 02:57 PM
    Ok fair enough.

Yes! Indeed!

Anyway, I hope our discussion here is healthy and for a thought.

CHEERS~!
    07-21-10 02:58 PM
    200 dollars
    07-21-10 03:05 PM
    Anyway, I never think storm1 or storm2 can fall below 100. Of course thats for now. Future we don't know especially 9800 and s3 coming soon....wahahaha.

but 9800 will definitely fetch better price, a full keyboard with FULL screen than the storm.

Comparing our storm....sometime i do find my screen small when messaging because the keyboard took half screen.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-21-10 at 03:10 PM.
    07-21-10 03:08 PM
    Anyway, I never think storm1 or storm2 can fall below 100. Of course thats for now. Future we don't know especially 9800 and s3 coming soon....wahahaha.
    I guess in the end, it's what you can get for it, which right now is significantly more than $50
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-21-10 at 03:15 PM.
    07-21-10 03:09 PM
    i am quite surprise pp are selling away droid x. Don't they get a chance to make phone exchange within 30days?

theres one actually wanted to buy iphone3G. I find that unacceptable! wahahaahah.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-21-10 at 03:17 PM.
    07-21-10 03:13 PM
    i am quite surprise pp are selling away droid x. Don't they get a chance to make phone exchange within 30days?

there one actually wanted to buy iphone3G.
    Yes, but they may have moved to a different carrier, and sell the device to cover the ETF.

iphone3G is an older device, now that iphail4 is out, so the price has dropped.
    07-21-10 03:16 PM
    I guess in the end, it's what you can get for it, which right now is significantly more than $50
    But not from me.

By the way, I have an original Curve, a Storm and a Storm 2 (but it got wet).

They make pretty good paper weights.

Looking forward to getting my 8530 later this week.
    07-21-10 03:21 PM
    iphone3G is an older device, now that iphail4 is out, so the price has dropped.
    Its not so much about iphone price drop to me in that case of buying 2nd hand phone but she/he is comparing if to buy iphone3G or bold9700.

("-_-) I would rather he/she choose i3gS or ip4 than a i3G.
    07-21-10 03:22 PM
    Looking forward to getting my 8530 later this week.
    8530 is the one with many color to choose from?
    07-21-10 03:24 PM
    Black & purple afaik, it's the entry-level BB.
    07-21-10 03:26 PM
    Simple black.

GPS, WiFi, camera. Of course, BES capable.

All the bells and whistles that I need for business.

When I go overseas for work, I'll switch to a different phone.

I've farted with the Storms for over a year, I like the larger screen, but as you noted, you only get half a screen when the keyboard is active.

I'm not a fan of that virtual keyboard.

I'm not sure why some people call them "entry level".

Don't hate, appreciate.
    07-21-10 03:58 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD