Storm 2 used but in good aesthetic and operation condition.

With apps:
    -QuickLaunch
    -CrunchSms Premium
    -BerryBuzz
    -BerryWeather
    -Garmin
    -QuickPull Pro
    -and more.

What can I sell this for on ebay/craigslist? I really want a droid X (lets not turn this into one of those bs hello goodbye threads)
    07-20-10 02:42 AM
    I buy it for a 100! but you can pm me for a price you willing to let go.
    07-20-10 03:08 AM
    I buy it for a 100!
    Lol Im not here to get hustled. I really need advice.
    07-20-10 03:09 AM
    Check Ebay... looks like S2's are running for 200 bucks.
    07-20-10 05:30 AM
    Check the CB Marketplace forums

http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/
    07-20-10 10:06 AM
    i bought mine from Craigslist for 180$ came with battery usb cord and 16gb. anything under 200$ on craigslist got picked up really fast. some people were selling them for 220-250.

200$ seems fair for storm 2

100$ for storm 1.

if you consider the battery is worth 35$ and the usb cord 15$ and the 16gb card is another 40 or so 180$ is a really good deal.

also if you are buying the phone from someone on craigslist, make sure you activate it before you give them the money and try to do everything in person.

if the phone is stolen you will not be able to activate it. if you give the esn number to verizon some customer service reps will check it for you and make sure its not stolen
    07-20-10 10:08 AM
    I am serious about buying! Max 150 i can offer and that exclude shipping. phone must be unlocked with clean pin. But you must show pictures of your phone condition first. Need to know if thats a refurbish too. The box of the phone will tell.

Of course you can choose to sell any price to anyone. Its your phone!

My suggestion to you is to sell before september, i think the price will drop definitely because new bb coming out, maybe also the odin refresh? Also as more pp jumping ship, we will see more 2nd hand phones in the market.

I will continue keep a look out then.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-20-10 at 02:40 PM.
    07-20-10 02:36 PM
    i just bought my S2 on here (phone and battery only) for $210. i just ot it to hold me over until december.

im up for me NE2 but wanted to wait...lots of stuff is on the horizon
    07-20-10 07:28 PM
    my friend got a pretty much brand new s2 on CL ..for 100$...so don't get your hopes high
    ..but..if you have sold it for more on here already..then poor them..not good deal makers
    07-20-10 11:02 PM
    200 would be fair in my opinion if i were going to sell mine which im not
    07-20-10 11:21 PM
    I would never go near craig's list. Just some advice. e-bay prices - you can find them generally available for $150. If you check Amazon.com, batteries and chargers are like $5.00 each now. A year old BB is like a 3 year old smartphone. They do not hold their price point well. S2 is due to have a re-fresh by November, and if Slider is out before then, price may go under $100 for locked phones. Good luck.
    07-21-10 04:52 AM
    People would be nuts to pay more than $50 for a used phone from a second party. The things were only $179 new from Verizon and they came with a warranty.

I suspect most of you will have financial difficulties when you grow up.
    07-21-10 04:57 AM
    People would be nuts to pay more than $50 for a used phone from a second party. The things were only $179 new from Verizon and they came with a warranty.

Err.. Big difference between contract and no contract phone prices.

Love it when people try to put others down but only succeed in making themselves look stupid!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 06:54 AM
    $200 would be fair.
    07-21-10 07:05 AM

Stop making such ridiculous comments. It was $179 WITH A 2 YEAR CONTRACT. It was over $500 without a contract extension.

Love it when people try to put others down but only succeed in making themselves look stupid!
    that post was an overwhelming success!
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-21-10 at 07:12 AM.
    07-21-10 07:09 AM
    2nd hand or more hands without warranty will really make a big difference. U all can say without contract is 400 or more but at least that will come with 1 year warranty.

Any 2nd hand phones are subjected to unknown issue. Getting a spare parts is not easy n not cheap. I saw a few web they are buying used storm2 for 90 dollars. They check and fix it and sell it after reassemble. My local telco now offer 100 for trade in.

Its a fact that droid and iphone really can fetch good money. An old bb? Used Bb? Well depend how much u think its worth.

Why u think I can get my free storm nearly 6months back? Also the extra cash for budget holiday? And also repair cost for my cracked screen?

Last edited by titusilvering; 07-21-10 at 08:09 AM.
    07-21-10 08:05 AM
    This thread isn't a matter of opinion. It's a matter of facts..."How much can I sell my Storm2 for". Recently, they've been selling for between $200 and $250. If it's not worth that much to you, that's fine, but don't come here telling people they're nuts when that's the price the market dictates. You're the pot calling the kettle.....
    07-21-10 08:53 AM
    This thread isn't a matter of opinion. It's a matter of facts..."How much can I sell my Storm2 for". Recently, they've been selling for between $200 and $250. If it's not worth that much to you, that's fine, but don't come here telling people they're nuts when that's the price the market dictates. You're the pot calling the kettle.....
    And recently they've been selling for $100 and less.

And that's as much a fact as yours.
    07-21-10 09:31 AM

Got a link? I just checked CB marketplace. I don't see any for under $100.

07-21-10 09:36 AM
    My question is how are you going to sell the phone with all the apps still on it? Wipe, then reinstall apps without putting your Reg keys back in?
    07-21-10 09:37 AM

You will always be able to find used phones for various prices if you look hard enough. The OP was just looking to find out what was fair. If people are buying for $200+ then why not try and get the most that you can...

The issue here is your argument was that at launch VZW was selling the phone for $175, so how could anyone sell it used for $200+?

The fact is $175 was the 2yr contract price and people who buy from eBay or Craigslist obviously are not able to get a new phone on contract - in which case it would cost them $500+, so $200 would be a great deal!

You have to compare apples to apples!
    07-21-10 09:43 AM
    For $100 you can get a used and broken S2, which is not what the OP has. So again ohio is off the mark.

07-21-10 09:46 AM
    Got a link? I just checked CB marketplace. I don't see any for under $100.

All I see from your link is people TRYING to sell their Storm 2 for $200+.

From this thread...

2nd hand or more hands without warranty will really make a big difference. U all can say without contract is 400 or more but at least that will come with 1 year warranty.

Any 2nd hand phones are subjected to unknown issue. Getting a spare parts is not easy n not cheap. I saw a few web they are buying used storm2 for 90 dollars. They check and fix it and sell it after reassemble. My local telco now offer 100 for trade in.

Its a fact that droid and iphone really can fetch good money. An old bb? Used Bb? Well depend how much u think its worth.

Why u think I can get my free storm nearly 6months back? Also the extra cash for budget holiday? And also repair cost for my cracked screen?

my friend got a pretty much brand new s2 on CL ..for 100$...so don't get your hopes high
    ..but..if you have sold it for more on here already..then poor them..not good deal makers
    07-21-10 09:48 AM
    I see some of you here trying to retract your posting? having a war on how much s2 is worth? hello? i am also a s2 owner. I also with my s2 is worth a lot money and will not depreciate with time.

Anyway, you guys got to get the idea correct. Between a newly purchased storm2 up for sale and a storm2 that is purchased and used for quite some time or a storm2 that is a replacement set or refurbish set.

Of course, a fresh storm2 which you got recently for a month or 2 off from telco? can fetch easily for 200-300 or more! e.g. If you go ebay and take a look, mint condition with less then 1 month or weeks? that will fetch at least 200+. It really make sense because it almost new! When you buy an almost new phone, you want the box, the original accessories that come with the box. Almost as new. Some will put description, BNIB - Open for unlock only. Wow thats a good catch especially even the plastic protect is still on so lets deal 300-400 or 600?

However, if you tell me mint condition since 2009 or used for 6 months or few months. As a buyer, we really need to consider a lot of factors. Maybe the box and accessories is still there. But its hard to tell if there's any problem with the set. I don't even know how often you been stamping pressing hard on the surepress screen. Its like car? Mileage counts. You try to sell a mint condition BMW with 200KM driven and 2000000KM driven. Thats a huge difference! Just an example.

I be very frank that my S2 was bought from ebay too and the fact that the seller indicates the phone was just 1 month old and mint condition gave me a decision to bid for it. To me, I can't really tell if the seller was honest or not because from the box when i received i can see the phone manufactured date was last year. I guess, its something I learn from buying experience. I guess I am lucky the phone is working well so far.

I been searching the web a lot ebay etc. I only buy from those who uses paypal so can file for dispute if item is not accurate as describe. I have thought of buying from a phone reseller which he is selling a lot of bb phones and s2 is about 250 grade A with 6 months warranty.

With the current trend of so much new smart phones in the market, droid or ip4 etc. Many pp are selling off their old s2. I wont be surprise to see a 2009 S2 selling at high price just because the owner say its in a 9/10 condition. 9/10 cosmetically can be due the phone all its life been in an otterbox! But as a buyer, I will not consider paying that high price. Do you know LCD also have life span? All electronic stuff have life span.

Maybe when s3 arrive, i will get a s3 and sell away my s2? and i will sell it for 250? about the price i bought 6 months ago, ignoring the manufactured date is 2009? and say its mint 9/10 condition? giving away otterbox etc? not letting the buyer know that i actually replaced the lcd myself? since i did it perfectly without a scratch? As a seller, I will want to earn that much to the extend its almost the same price i bought. But I wouldn't do that. some may think i'm a fool not to earn as much but i think its only fair trade to the next owner to know that the device could be up to 1 year age and actively been used by me. I will definitely let go at a lower price based on the age of the phone. I don't wish to be curse by the next owner if he so unlucky to use it for 1 month and it break down. I ever bought an electronic device which was in good condition on receive and guess what? because its a used item, it break down within 2 weeks! just my luck!!! It was working well and i never even touch it much but left it there and it can't power on later.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-21-10 at 02:20 PM.
    07-21-10 01:40 PM
    I see some of you here trying to retract your posting?

Anyway, you guys got to get the idea correct. Between a newly purchased storm2 up for sale and a storm2 that is purchased and used for quite some time or a storm2 that is a replacement set or refurbish set.

Of course, a fresh storm2 which you got recently for a month or 2 off from telco? can fetch easily for 200-300 or more! e.g. If you go ebay and take a look, mint condition with less then 1 month or weeks? that will fetch at least 200+. It really make sense because it almost new! When you buy an almost new phone, you want the box, the original accessories that come with the box. Almost as new.

However, if you tell me mint condition since 2009 or used for 6 months or few months. As a buyer, we really need to consider a lot of factors. Maybe the box and accessories is still there. But its hard to tell if there's any problem with the set. I don't even know how often you been stamping pressing hard on the surepress screen. Its like car? Mileage counts. You try to sell a mint condition BMW with 200KM driven and 2000000KM driven. Thats a huge difference! Just an example.

I be very frank that my S2 was bought from ebay too and the fact that the seller indicates the phone was just 1 month old and mint condition gave me a decision to bid for it. To me, I can't really tell if the seller was honest or not because from the box i can see the phone manufactured date was last year. I guess, its something I learn from buying experience. I guess I am lucky the phone is working well so far.

I been searching the web a lot ebay etc. I only buy from those who uses paypal so can file for dispute if item is not accurate as describe. I have thought of buying from a phone reseller which he is selling a lot of bb phones and s2 is about 250 grade A with 6 months warranty.

With the current trend of so much new smart phones in the market, droid or ip4 etc. Many pp are selling off their old s2. I wont be surprise to see a 2009 S2 selling at high price just because the owner say its in a 9/10 condition. But as a buyer, I will not consider paying that high price. Do you know LCD also have life span? All electronic stuff have life span.

I agree with where you are going on this. The buyer definitely needs to protect himself as best as possible and ask all the right questions.

That said I'm not 100% with you on the car analogy. The reason a high mileage would effect total value is wear on moving parts. As that is not the case on a phone I would be far more concerned with how the device was protected over the course of its life. Would rather have a 1yr old phone that was perfectly protected than one 2 months old left to the elements by an owner that is not nearly as anal as I am
    07-21-10 02:01 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD