How many of you Storm 1 owners feel left out in the cold. I know the S1 production has stopped and its not the big thing like it once was, but as a S1 owner, I just feel like I was done wrong. I wished there would of been some period of time left in between the S1 and the S2, that away it wouldn't have hurt so bad. I miss the old days when you could get on crackberry, and a os leak just came out but now, its like us S1 owners don't even exist. In the short of time that RIM released the storm 2, and no more OS leaks or official releases, its left a sour taste in my mouth for RIM, and I can't get rid of it, I'm going for an android powered device when I upgrade in a couple of months. But if by chance RIM can get it together, I maybe able to forgive, but they just can't seem to get it together. How do you guys feel?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 08:44 PM
    well buddy i think were screwed there will be nothing more im just hoping that os 6.0 takes awhile to show up cuzz at least till then updates will still apply
    04-05-10 08:50 PM
    You know how it can be, on to the next big thing. But yes I'm feeling left out and not sure I'm going to stick with a blackberry in August.
    04-05-10 08:53 PM
    btw....RIM has nothing to do with this at all
    04-05-10 08:57 PM
    btw....RIM has nothing to do with this at all
    As fast as RIM came out with the Storm 2, I still can't get over that "WELL!" feeling. And yeah, I know the carrier has something to do with the OS's, I'm sorry I did refer RIM but meant the carrier. I for the sake of luck have had the original S1 I bought in Jan 2008. Its been a fun phone, my first smartphone, but RIM coming out with the S2 as fast as they did, and well....blah blah blah, I just feel done wrong. I can't wait to upgrade in Sep, I'm so hoping VZW gets the iphone but I've got my eyes for sure set on an android powered device if they don't.

Last edited by df79transam; 04-05-10 at 09:15 PM.
    04-05-10 09:09 PM
    As fast as RIM came out with the Storm 2, I still can't get over that "WELL!" feeling. And yeah, I know the carrier has something to do with the OS's, I'm sorry I did refer RIM but meant the carrier. I for the sake of luck have had the original S1 I bought in Jan 2008. Its been a fun phone, my first smartphone, but RIM coming out with the S2 as fast as they did, and well....blah blah blah, I just feel done wrong. I can't wait to upgrade in Sep, I'm so hoping VZW gets the iphone but I've got my eyes for sure set on an android powered device if they don't.

"As fast as they came out with the Storm 2"

Have you ever bought any electronic device?

You know they will have a newer model a year later.

Got my Storm day 1. Loving it. I will get the storm 3 with my upgrade.
    04-05-10 10:22 PM
    You got a point....

04-05-10 10:27 PM
    But then again, I can't help but think of how long the Curve 8330 stayed in production, and as much rave as Verizon and others who introduced the Storm, I think the storm one should of had at least a two year span before introducing another version. I will say, the Storm one should have been tested better before being marketed the way it was. Like one member here on CB said one time, we storm owners were beta testers. But six one way half a dozen another.

04-05-10 10:38 PM
    I don't know about you, but with this OS I have installed, the Storm feels "finished", as in, there are no major outstanding issues other than a few bugs here and there. I mean, if the memory is stable, battery life is good and everything else functions like it should, what more can you ask for from a discontinued device? It's not like the new OS updates really introduce anything major anyways. It'll probably mostly be the same until OS6.

04-05-10 10:44 PM
    I got my Storm in Feb '08 and haven't looked back. I stood strong by my phone through the constant freezes and reboots , then when 5.0 came out I felt like we were given a second chance. "Hello, my Storm. Nice to meet you."

I honestly do not want another phone after this, my Storm is fantastic. I used to download a bunch of themes that were pretty cool, but the original Precision Zen has really grown on me. I would appreciate another OS update, my 5.0 has kinda gotten glitchy. I can live with it though. I never want another non-touch screen phone, my phone rocks!
    04-05-10 10:47 PM
    Your right, I totally agree, I wish Storm one owners could of had a parade or some kind of going away party, but we didn't. Let me just say, I've had a lot of fun on my S1, just wish it could of been the iPhone killer VZW made it out to be. I'm trying to be positive about the way S1 owners were handled, looking towards a brighter future of owning the next coolest phone.

04-05-10 10:54 PM
    I felt left high and dry. There was never the customer satisfaction I would expect from two large companies from day one. I am waiting in the weeds for my next move which hopefully be the HTC Incredible or the dreaded Iphone.
    04-05-10 10:59 PM
    I don't know about you, but with this OS I have installed, the Storm feels "finished", as in, there are no major outstanding issues other than a few bugs here and there. I mean, if the memory is stable, battery life is good and everything else functions like it should, what more can you ask for from a discontinued device? It's not like the new OS updates really introduce anything major anyways. It'll probably mostly be the same until OS6.

I agree, it does feel "finished." At least for now, (fingers crossed for 6.0). Though I doubt they'd make it for the Storm 1.
    04-05-10 11:09 PM
    Unless RIM comes with a more user friendly OS I don't see myself staying with Blackberry...
    04-06-10 01:28 AM
    I got my Storm in Feb '08 and haven't looked back. I stood strong by my phone through the constant freezes and reboots , then when 5.0 came out I felt like we were given a second chance. "Hello, my Storm. Nice to meet you."

I honestly do not want another phone after this, my Storm is fantastic. I used to download a bunch of themes that were pretty cool, but the original Precision Zen has really grown on me. I would appreciate another OS update, my 5.0 has kinda gotten glitchy. I can live with it though. I never want another non-touch screen phone, my phone rocks!
    I totally agree with you.
    04-06-10 06:09 AM
    Unless RIM comes with a more user friendly OS I don't see myself staying with Blackberry...
    How is 5.0 not user friendly?
    04-06-10 06:25 AM
    How is 5.0 not user friendly?
    Some people just need to get a grip. 5.0 is very "user friendly". Complaining about the Storm 2 coming out is just stupid. Its 2010 not 1999, you have to except reality. When I got my Storm I knew for a fact the Storm 2 wasn't far away but it didn't bother me. Just like when I got my Sony Bravia and newer version was out a month later. Lifes a ***** lol

04-06-10 07:02 AM
    I felt left high and dry. There was never the customer satisfaction I would expect from two large companies from day one. I am waiting in the weeds for my next move which hopefully be the HTC Incredible or the dreaded Iphone.
    Exactly! That's what I'm saying, for a short while there we felt like we were getting satisfaction, we had just bought the best coolest phone vzw offered. Then they up and decide to literally turn their backs on us, "oh...we wanna make something better, and while were at it, let's just forget the S1 ever existed".

04-06-10 07:15 AM
    Some people just need to get a grip. 5.0 is very "user friendly". Complaining about the Storm 2 coming out is just stupid. Its 2010 not 1999, you have to except reality. When I got my Storm I knew for a fact the Storm 2 wasn't far away but it didn't bother me. Just like when I got my Sony Bravia and newer version was out a month later. Lifes a ***** lol

True.....

04-06-10 07:17 AM
    The only complaint I have with my S1 is that I wish we would get another 5.0 update. I hate thinking that the few minor bugs left (like the inability to click on emailed links) in .328 are what us S1 owners will be left to deal with. My device is still rocking strong. Will S2 owners feel shafted when the S3 is officially announced less than a year after they purchased their devices? Probably not. The way I see it, this is a very exciting time for us S1 owners. Our NE2 will be coming up soon and we will have a much broader range of phones to choose from. Come August, I should have to deal with choosing to upgrade to a S3, Droid (with Android 2.1 firmware & Swype keyboard files), Nexus One or a VZW iPhone. Exciting times if you ask me.
    04-06-10 07:22 AM
    I definitely felt left high and dry as a 9530 owner. That is why I was really pushy, and VZW replaced it with a 9550, without using an upgrade, and with no charge!
    04-06-10 07:25 AM
    No matter how annoyed I am with my BlackBerry I would never even think about changing. I just love RIM too much lol all I want is that Webkit Browser and I'm happy happy until Storm 3

04-06-10 07:38 AM
    Everyone keeps saying they got their storms in Jan and Feb 2008, but remember the phone wasnt released until Nov 21 2008. I know, b/c I am still on that phone!

BlackBerry Storm 9530 gets closer to Verizon launch
    04-06-10 07:44 AM
    I love my S1 but I am getting the Nexus 1.
    04-06-10 07:53 AM
    Everyone keeps saying they got their storms in Jan and Feb 2008, but remember the phone wasnt released until Nov 21 2008. I know, b/c I am still on that phone!

BlackBerry Storm 9530 gets closer to Verizon launch
    Yep. I got mine in November of 2008. I am only on my second replacement, so I am pretty satisfied with the Storm.
    04-06-10 07:58 AM
119 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD