GUYS! The upgrade deal was for folks paying for the, at the time, the $99 a month everything unlimited plan. People paying for any plans under that were not eligible for the buy a Droid or Storm 2 deal. I'm on the $39 a month plan, I called three different times trying to play dumb and they wouldn't budge. I'm sure if you raised enough **** with em, they might of gave in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was not and am not on the $99 unlimited plan and i got the email for an early upgrade.

04-10-10 09:42 PM
    Huh?

04-11-10 08:12 AM
    Didn't read through all the threads, so I'm sure it's been said, but I think a phone should be fully supported by Verizon fo the length of the contract. If the phone no longer has software development support, you should be offered an immediate upgrade offer - especially for a phone as buggy and poorly delivered as the Storm.
    04-11-10 08:56 AM
    Didn't read through all the threads, so I'm sure it's been said, but I think a phone should be fully supported by Verizon fo the length of the contract. If the phone no longer has software development support, you should be offered an immediate upgrade offer - especially for a phone as buggy and poorly delivered as the Storm.
    Agree

04-11-10 04:18 PM
    Agree

it is still supported....so whats you point?
    04-11-10 05:04 PM
    Where in your contract does it say they owe you OS upgrades? My wife's Chocalate has never had an upgrade, should I complain? The phone does all it is advertised to do using the official VZW OS, what's you complaint?

This has been the problem with the Storm since it was released, people have expectations that exceed what they were promised by the vendor and then b*tch because the vendors business model does not include meeting their expectations.

I guess I should be pissed cause Dell didn't send me a Windows 7 upgrade for my one year old computer.
    04-11-10 06:41 PM
    Where in your contract does it say they owe you OS upgrades? My wife's Chocalate has never had an upgrade, should I complain? The phone does all it is advertised to do using the official VZW OS, what's you complaint?

This has been the problem with the Storm since it was released, people have expectations that exceed what they were promised by the vendor and then b*tch because the vendors business model does not include meeting their expectations.

I guess I should be pissed cause Dell didn't send me a Windows 7 upgrade for my one year old computer.
    YA!!! What the ****! I had Vista and i never got my OS upgrade for 7! Let sue microsoft!!!! (now i sound like a storm owner)
    04-11-10 08:00 PM
    I know for a fact that windows vista is buggy as ****, and then they move on a make wins 7, **** yeah I think if the computer maker should send a copy of wins 7 to folks who haven't owned the computer long and having problems with it. The way I see it its good business, it shows the customer that the company stands behind their brand, this hit it and leave it **** don't cut it with me.

04-11-10 08:31 PM
    i used vista without issue since before it was vista even all the way until win 7 beta came out. Vista works fine. user error for the majority of the problems that people had
    04-11-10 08:40 PM
    it is still supported....so whats you point?
    I thought the S1 entered EOL already... didn't they stop selling it? If so, there really is no drive from them to keep supporting it (i.e. release another OS)... unfortunately, you're not going to get VZW to admit to that. They'll continue to say they'll support it, just not release another OS for it and by the time you realize it truly is dead, your contract is up and you're already buying another phone.
    04-11-10 10:13 PM
    i used vista without issue since before it was vista even all the way until win 7 beta came out. Vista works fine. user error for the majority of the problems that people had
    I have to agree here. I never had any issues with it and while W7 was slightly faster on my system then Vista was, that didn't change the fact that Vista ran on it trouble free.

Vista weeded out a lot of bullisht systems out there that people had and caused them to upgrade just to make it work. Then came W7 and the people were all of a sudden happy... well, I wonder why... because they proper hardware now. And yes, while W7 is much lighter in terms of hardware requirements in some ways, it again doesn't change the fact that if people had proper systems to run Vista properly, they'll also run W7 without hickups. Issues came when people cheaped out and bought $300 retail systems to run Vista on them.
    04-11-10 10:17 PM
    I thought the S1 entered EOL already... didn't they stop selling it? If so, there really is no drive from them to keep supporting it (i.e. release another OS)... unfortunately, you're not going to get VZW to admit to that. They'll continue to say they'll support it, just not release another OS for it and by the time you realize it truly is dead, your contract is up and you're already buying another phone.
    shh you werent suppose to give away so easily. and who knows maybe they will release another OS before end of this year lol
    04-11-10 10:30 PM
    Lol!

04-11-10 10:47 PM
    I was a previous Storm1 user and I can say that I was one of the unlucky ones with a crappy Storm. I honestly feel the Storm1 was just a "test" phone. And I say that because they wanted to see how the new touch interface would apply with a Blackberry. What was so good about the Storm1? Touchable interface, bigger screen, fun apps, lots of memory.... that's really it IMO. What are the problems? Too much app memory causes it to freeze or reboot, clickable screen issues (dust, sticky buttons, etv.) And now you have the Storm2 which has the same features only now has wi-fi (plus all the bugs fixed from what I hear). So why get a Storm1? Of course Verizon is going to forget about the Storm1, when it's rep has been torn to shreds.

I was excited to get a Storm1, because I never had a touch phone and I love Blackberries, so it was best of both worlds. I eventually got sick of the problems of the Storm1 and went to the Tour and that was a definite good move. Hands down the best blackberry out there! Then again, I am one that uses my phone for business AND personal use, so the touch screen wouldn't be of any advantage since I text and email all the time and well I bought the iPod Touch so I didn't really need the bigger screen for my phone. I just cant stand browsing the internet on a cellphone, unless of course it was the Droid or iPhone since they have better browsers and bigger screen.

So again, really, I just see the Storm1 as a test phone. I will be getting the Storm1 as a replacement phone from breaking my Tour in a couple weeks. Kind of excited to get the big screen and memory again, and it will be a never been used phone but STILL.. I hear Storm and I just cringe.

There are MANY things that I want to suggest and rant about with RIM. But again, they have made some very smart business decisions and made some awesome Blackberries. The Storm1 is just a phone, it was just another Blackberry. There are blacberries out there that I cant stand. The Curve 8330 being one of them. I don't see it a reason to switch devices, but again, I love blackberries and everyone is different. It's all about what suites you.... Just my few cents. Sorry for the rant.
    04-12-10 09:51 AM
    Can't wait till the htc incredible comes out

04-13-10 01:57 PM
    I purchased the first Storm1 at my local store (arrived at like 3AM) because I needed GPS for a trip that following weekend, and figured I might as well get a new phone while paying for GPS. Honestly the phone has never been better than "acceptable" since I've purchased it. Having used Windows mobile phones in the past (which have their own hassles) I am used to dealing with quirks, but let's face it, the Storm was terrible for the first 6 months or so until they started getting some .140+ OS's, and even then, it was "acceptable". Combined with the laggy nature of RIM's network, it's simply not a fit for me.

That being said, BESX has done alot to get SMB's interested in the platform, and I don't mind recommending blackberries for business users, as long as they understand it is a sub-par consumer phone. Other than having a half-decent camera, the storm does nothing better than an android or iphone (or probably WP7) for entertainment/fun.

I'll probably look into the nexus one or perhaps WP7 later this year. Don't think I'd buy an iphone... too much show, not enough go. I've never been one for purchasing phone apps, and that seems to be the focus of the iphone platform. I'll buy something here or there, otherwise I expect free software to do what I need.

The Storm has left me high and dry as a consumer, and it's going to take a helluva lot to get me back.
    04-13-10 03:33 PM
    Has anyone tried .607 on a Storm 1?

Ray
    04-13-10 05:41 PM
    deleted(double post)
    Last edited by tobleron; 04-13-10 at 06:35 PM.
    04-13-10 06:32 PM
    i did but i went back to my own"Self Made" OS(c my Sig.)...Btw..yeah,i still love my S1,my co workers (2 of them) has S2 but seems like my S1 is faster than his....only thing is,i don't have Wi-Fi and my memory is lesser.
    04-13-10 06:34 PM
    I just got my storm, bought refurbished, and it's been okay so far. Honestly, I'd rather have an Iphone but I love the blackberry's I have had. The only thing that sucks about the storm 9530 that I have, is the application space. I only have 4 apps on my phone, compared to the 8520 (yes, I have TMobile cracked on my Storm). The application space is just terrible, causing the whole device itself to slow down in operation. Other than that, it's a fairly decent and powerful phone. Am I completely pissed that I just got the Storm 9530 when they reintroduced another version? No, because like someone said earlier in this thread... you buy a computer and the next day a better one is introduced... Should have waited, or take it back-- Simple as that.
    04-14-10 07:22 AM
    I spent the better part of 2 years learning everysingle function the storm has to offer, and it has done everything I need it to do. I'm no computer wiz, so learning all the shrinking of OS's and apploading processes was a bit tricky. But now shrink-a-os and apploader have helped me hybrid my phone to an OS that is fast and has good app memory with little leakage. I have like 7 apps and my phone still has about 30 mb. Hybrids are where its at. .419 with .580 over it makes my phone function as fast as a S2 and browser speed about the same. People should stop crying about their misfortune and make it work for them. Sure RIM screwed me but I jumped the gun when this thing first came out, so now I wait till the S3 and I'll pay RIM to be beta tester for that phone too. But seeing as how the S2 fixed all my 9530's problems the S3 will most definatly be the phone I've been waiting for (if they even make an S3)

04-14-10 06:24 PM
    Just wait till the S3 comes out then us S2 peeps will probably fell the same way I had a evy saw my friends S1 and saw they had a 2 for 1 deal on verizon so I jumped on it got the S2 will never buy just a phone again I love my bb lol thought about trying a different phone once or twice. sometimes I hate the touchscreen, but its growing on me I love the apps the speed and memory. I know I'm on the S1 forum I'm bored at work my other friend just got a S1 from a friend so he asked me how to unlock the screen what a noob lol any tips I can pass on to him or is it pretty much like the S2

Last edited by jwsnj3rd; 04-16-10 at 02:35 PM.
    04-16-10 10:31 AM
    I am a newer Storm 1 user having upgraded from a Virgin Mobile phone. I think though if and when I can afford a touch screen phone I will probably get a Droid. I'm having to do numerous battery pulls and I get annoyed with RIM putting apps on my phone that I didn't want or ask for. I read somewhere you can just upgrade your Storm software and change it to a Storm 2. Is that true?
    04-26-10 11:15 AM
    I'm still mad that I can't find tapes for the 8 track player in my pickup truck, Blockbuster quit carrying movies in Betamax format, there are no new games for my Commodore 64, and my doctor insists on writing prescriptions instead of applying leeches or bloodletting.

04-26-10 11:24 AM
    You folks who keep saying that stuff gets better, yeah I agree with you. But say you buy a new car, have nothing but problems out of it, ask for the company to stand by their product and fix it, make it right, and they come out with a whole new different car to fix the problems they were having with the first design, don't tell me you wouldn't feel pissed, and forgotten about, cause its a ******* lie.

04-26-10 11:56 AM
119 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD