"As fast as they came out with the Storm 2"

Have you ever bought any electronic device?

You know they will have a newer model a year later.

Got my Storm day 1. Loving it. I will get the storm 3 with my upgrade.
    Gotta agree with this guy. Can't leave the click screen!
    04-07-10 08:38 AM
    That's one thing I'm gonna miss is the clicking screen. I wish an android phone would come out with something equivalent. I'm leaving a door open that if by chance RIM gets it together with the Storm 3, I could stay with BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 11:29 AM
    I don't understand why people feel this way its quit an interesting phenomenon where people feel that a company needs to drop software updates in order to show customer loyalty.

It's not a slight to anybody here nor is this unique to RIM. I see this attitude across the net for any software driven device or any piece of software.

It's like a fix people get when they receive an update. They get excited and happy when there is a drop, even though they have no clue as to what the fixes are. And when a drop is not received, the attitude is cranky and resentful. The desire for the fix is strong.

Heck I'm no different I too like receiving new release and install them when they become available, I guess I just don't get cranky when a drop is not delivered

The point is the storm 1 was getting a lot of attention because it really was a crappy device. Not so now, RIM has delivered a good product for the storm 1 and has moved on to create newer and products.

The problem really lies with the fact that RIM accustomed the storm 1 owners to constant updates as it struggled to make a decent device. Now that they have delivered a good product the updates have stopped but the expectation(fix) for updates is still here.

I think that is why there are so many people feeling abandoned and let down. People jumping ship in order to get that fix.

04-07-10 12:15 PM
    X brings up a very good point. The Storm was getting many updates because it needed it. Just half a year ago, the Storm was my least favourite BlackBerry. Now I think it's a great choice.

04-07-10 01:18 PM
    We as Storm1 owners have done a lot of whining. I believe it was warranted. I got my Storm in Dec '08. My first smartphone. I totally loved the capabilities and potential, but the Storm was a horrible device. I believe CrackBerry did me a disservice. All of the wonderful help, tweaks and fixes allowed me to settle with the Storm instead of returning it. The leaks eased my frustration as the Storm became more functional. I should have returned it within my 30 days.

I am on my second S1. The click totally went out on my first. I am totally happy with this replacement. I am ready to move on. My BB is primarily personal and I am fine with RIM focusing on their bread and butter business customer. They are the ones who made RIM what RIM is. I will be moving on to a mobile device geared more towards the personal user.

I love all the arguments about how companies release newer products/models all the time after you just made your purchase. Problem with that argument is that those companies are selling a completely functional product. Not the POS that the S1 was before the 5.0 OS. If the S1 would have been a TV or a car or a blender there would have been a massive recall. Thank God for a software push to fix it. Unless you were having hardware issues along with software as I was.

Also I don't understand why people feel like they have to stick with the S1 until their NE2. Just buy a new phone in the store or on eBay. If there was a phone on VZW that I liked enough I would have purchased it already. This is the way I will do business going forward because I'm tired of contractual obligations. Sprint and TMo have some really competitively priced plans for voice, text and data. If I don't buy and Android device before my contract is up in October (10/10/10) I may be jumping to a new carrier.
    04-07-10 03:01 PM
    Very well put. I agree on all points.

Last edited by Masahiro; 04-08-10 at 02:21 AM.
    04-07-10 07:42 PM
    I understand that the S1 had its problems. All new products do. This was RIM first touch screen device.

I have had my S1 since day one. I never had 95% of the problems some people have complaned about, and after reading alot here you tend to find out well...... people are stupid.

Alot NOT ALL alot of the problems people have/had are user related not the phone.
    04-08-10 06:47 AM
    I understand that the S1 had its problems. All new products do. This was RIM first touch screen device.

I have had my S1 since day one. I never had 95% of the problems some people have complaned about, and after reading alot here you tend to find out well...... people are stupid.

Alot NOT ALL alot of the problems people have/had are user related not the phone.
    yep i agree

Also, VZW did give you the chance to get the s2 for 179 after 1 year, you just dont get the NE2 discount basically and i dont think you could get the B1G1 free deal either. So they did give the S1 owners a little bit of break to get a new phone.
    04-08-10 07:17 AM
    yep i agree

Also, VZW did give you the chance to get the s2 for 179 after 1 year, you just dont get the NE2 discount basically and i dont think you could get the B1G1 free deal either. So they did give the S1 owners a little bit of break to get a new phone.
    Yeah but you failed to mention that it was for customers who had the unlimited plan, the $99 a month deal. Any plans lower than the unlimited plan, where not eligible. I tried three or four times to take advantage of the deal being under the $39 a month plan, and I couldn't get em to budge.. Some folks where mailed out a flyer and some where not, I seen it posted on CB and that's how I found out about it. I agree with the folks that have defended the big two's decision and I agree with the folks who have defended how the big two done storm one owners. One comment I don't agree with is, one person said that by coming out with 5.0, they finally found a good os for the storm one. There are several bugs and problems with .328 and .419, so... Why don't they fix them with a good os. I admit the storm ones 4.7.0.75 was horrible, but if you still have a mess, shouldn't you clean it up before moving on? And I think 5.0 was just to introduce s1 owners to how much better the s2 was fixing to be, I think it was a marketing gimmick. I could be wrong.

Last edited by df79transam; 04-08-10 at 11:33 AM.
    04-08-10 10:09 AM
    Yeah but you failed to mention that it was for customers who had the unlimited plan, the $99 a month deal. Any plans lower than the unlimited plan, where not eligible. I tried three or four times to take advantage of the deal being under the $39 a month plan, and I couldn't get em to budge.. Some folks where mailed out a flyer and some where not, I seen it posted on CB and that's how I found out about it. I agree with the folks that have defended the big two's decision and I agree with the folks who have defended how the big two done storm one owners. One comment I don't agree with is, one person said that by coming out with 5.0, they finally found a good os for the storm one. There are several bugs and problems with .328 and .419, so... Why don't they fix them with a good os. I admit the storm ones 4.7.0.75 was horrible, but if you still have a mess, shouldn't you clean it up before moving on? And I think 5.0 was just to introduce s1 owners to how much better the s2 was fixing to be, I think it was a marketing gimmick. I could be wrong.

i dont know about the unlimited thing? I got the email and i dont have unlimited. I have unlimited data but not the $99 unlimited everything.

I waited for a long time to upgrade to 5.0 cause there was no need. Now that i did i was like wow! After 5.0 i thought there would be little to no complaints about the phone now.

Yes dust under the screen still bugs the crap out of me. But the OS is awesome. Very smooth.

I dont feel high and dry cause i will get the Storm3 when/if it comes out with my new every 2 thing with verizon.
    04-08-10 12:36 PM
    How many of you Storm 1 owners feel left out in the cold. I know the S1 production has stopped and its not the big thing like it once was, but as a S1 owner, I just feel like I was done wrong. I wished there would of been some period of time left in between the S1 and the S2, that away it wouldn't have hurt so bad. I miss the old days when you could get on crackberry, and a os leak just came out but now, its like us S1 owners don't even exist. In the short of time that RIM released the storm 2, and no more OS leaks or official releases, its left a sour taste in my mouth for RIM, and I can't get rid of it, I'm going for an android powered device when I upgrade in a couple of months. But if by chance RIM can get it together, I maybe able to forgive, but they just can't seem to get it together. How do you guys feel?

I feel exactly the same, I've been thinking about the incredible since I'm with Verizon.

04-09-10 05:15 AM
    I've had seven replacements...
    Me too though one was due to a robbery

04-09-10 05:23 AM
    One of the bugs I wish they would of fixed with the storm before moving on is the low volume for the video camera. You have to turn it all the way up and you can still just barely hear it. Fix your mess before moving on.

04-09-10 12:35 PM
    I have had my storm since November 2008. Knock on wood it is the same unit. I love it. I just can't see switching to something else right now. We'll see how it goes.
    04-09-10 01:41 PM
    http://m.crackberry.com/verizon-blac...30-its-way-out. This is exactly what I was talking about for the guys that are defending 5.0 for the tour. Tour owners are gonna start feeling like Storm owners. I understand ish don't last forever, but at least make customers feel like their getting their moneys worth.

04-09-10 09:23 PM
    Maybe they should have let the people who have the Storm 1 upgrade to the Storm 2 (even if they were not eligible to upgrade yet) like AT&T did with the iphone.
    04-09-10 09:31 PM
    Why on gods earth do you people replace a phone over five times? Take the hint, the Storm is clearly not your friend lol

It was under warranty. The current one only needs to last until 7/21. Hello HTC Incredible.

04-09-10 10:57 PM
    I personally love my storm 1

04-09-10 11:23 PM
    Maybe they should have let the people who have the Storm 1 upgrade to the Storm 2 (even if they were not eligible to upgrade yet) like AT&T did with the iphone.
    They did offer the early upgrade to customers.
    04-10-10 06:30 AM
    Oh they did? my bag. I just recently re-activated my Storm a few weeks ago. I had upgraded to a new phone before the Storm 2 came out.
    04-10-10 08:57 AM
    You said dry ? I'm in the Sahara right now.

04-10-10 06:26 PM
    My **** hurts if that tells you anything. Thanks RIM

04-10-10 06:46 PM
    Not to all customers. I didn't get it, believe me I would have been all over it like ugly on an ape. I love the S1 but can't wait for an S2.

04-10-10 08:01 PM
    I was never offered an early upgrade when the S2 came out.
    04-10-10 08:18 PM
    GUYS! The upgrade deal was for folks paying for the, at the time, the $99 a month everything unlimited plan. People paying for any plans under that were not eligible for the buy a Droid or Storm 2 deal. I'm on the $39 a month plan, I called three different times trying to play dumb and they wouldn't budge. I'm sure if you raised enough **** with em, they might of gave in.

04-10-10 08:23 PM
119 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD