i just got my Storm off of ebay last month and i love it, i may someday upgrade and it will be a touch screen since i am hooked but it is Storm all the way.
    04-06-10 08:22 AM
    Well, I feel alright about it. I'm not complaining, as long as I have OS 5 I'm good. I'm sticking with my S1 until August 2011.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 09:41 AM
    [QUOTE=Masahiro;4948208]I don't know about you, but with this OS I have installed, the Storm feels "finished", as in, there are no major outstanding issues other than a few bugs here and there. I mean, if the memory is stable, battery life is good and everything else functions like it should, what more can you ask for from a discontinued device? It's not like the new OS updates really introduce anything major anyways. It'll probably mostly be the same until OS6.

Will we even get OS6? I mean, I like I'm sure many others stuck it out with the S1 and were patient with VZW and RIM to improve our phone instead of simply returning it like millions of others. How do they repay us? By coming out with the S2 which is fine EXCEPT that they have negated the S1 ever existed. It's absolutely not right and I feel everyone's pain.

04-06-10 10:18 AM
    "where's our parade, I want a going away parade" after seeing the outcome for the way s1 owners were done, and at the release of the S2, I still think vzw should of cut us s1 owners a deal of some kind on a s2, I agree with what one guy said on here about us being beta testers, I didn't want to be and still don't, a beta tester.

04-06-10 11:55 AM
    Yep. I got mine in November of 2008. I am only on my second replacement, so I am pretty satisfied with the Storm.
    I've had seven replacements...
    04-06-10 12:08 PM
    Had my Storm 1 had issues new storm came out it has issues I still have storm 1 and love it. bought and alienware computer top of the line two weeks later alienware making same system better faster more powerful damn i bought a ps1 and then they have ps2 now ps3 bought top of the line projection tv paid lots of money for it, its huge nice i love it oh shoot should have waited now HD flat screens same price much nicer. god will it ever stop? man that;s the way the business works dude. I can go on.
    04-06-10 12:13 PM
    Think of it this way: How do you think Tour users would have felt if Verizon kept delaying their official OS5 while they continued to work on updates for the discontinued Storm?
    04-06-10 01:05 PM
    Think of it this way: How do you think Tour users would have felt if Verizon kept delaying their official OS5 while they continued to work on updates for the discontinued Storm?
    The same way us Storm owners feel, and OS5 isn't no God send for the Tour. Tour one owners are fixing to start feeling storm one owners pain.

04-06-10 03:42 PM
    I've had seven replacements...
    And you still have a Storm? More fool you! I sense a liar......

04-06-10 03:51 PM
    Had my Storm 1 had issues new storm came out it has issues I still have storm 1 and love it. bought and alienware computer top of the line two weeks later alienware making same system better faster more powerful damn i bought a ps1 and then they have ps2 now ps3 bought top of the line projection tv paid lots of money for it, its huge nice i love it oh shoot should have waited now HD flat screens same price much nicer. god will it ever stop? man that;s the way the business works dude. I can go on.
    The ps1 stayed in production a long time before they marketed the ps2, and the ps2 was produced for more than a year until the ps3 was released. Don't market a product, rant and rave and get the public excited, and then less than a year release a better version and drop current owners on their****.

Last edited by df79transam; 04-06-10 at 04:02 PM.
    04-06-10 03:59 PM
    The same way us Storm owners feel, and OS5 isn't no God send for the Tour.
    How are Storm owners on the same boat as the Tour users? Verizon still sells and supports the Tour. People are still buying the phone off the store shelves. Also, OS5 may not be a "godsend" for the Tour, but imagine not having it at all! I mean, if OS5 isn't a big deal, then a few updates when you already have OS5 should be even less significant.
    04-06-10 04:04 PM
    The tour 2 or bold as they are going to call it, is gonna be release around the first of June, it won't be long before they say "bye bye to the tour". And time well only tell if vzw does tour owners the way they done storm one owners, feeling like they didn't get their moneys worth.

04-06-10 05:00 PM
    Well, that's technology for you. On the plus side, it's the only thing in the world that counters inflation and becomes cheaper over time. On the other hand, everything you buy will become obsolete at one point or another

With that said, the Storm is by no means "obsolete". How much different is the Storm2 software compared to the Storm1? How much further "ahead" are they? It seems like the latest official patch released by Verizon has a lot of glitches and nothing much in terms of actual features added. I could be wrong though.
    04-06-10 05:09 PM
    Well, new models always come out. I feel worse that the S2 didn't show enough improvement.

Right now I just feel anxious. Anxious for the HTC Incredible with hd video, 8MP camera and 320mb of app storage and Android 2.1 goodness.

04-06-10 05:23 PM
    And you still have a Storm? More fool you! I sense a liar......

I'm on my fifth. The rep who last replaced it told me she was on her sixth. That was in December.

04-06-10 05:26 PM
    I got my Storm on release day, and am on my second device. I have a love/hate relationship with it. On days that it works, it rocks; on days when I am doing multiple battery pulls I hate it. I think they should have done something for the Storm 1 owners, when the Storm 2 was released. I know and agree with people who feel we were not owed anything, but I think it would have been the right thing to do. RIM sold tons of Storms, if these customers would have been taken care of better would have went a long ways to building brand loyalty and trust in the consumer market; the whole market they were targeting with the Storm. Instead they have a black eye in that market, and a lot of owners feeling burned and abandoned by RIM, including myself. I am looking at getting the HTC Incredible or the Nexus One, whenever they get released.
    04-06-10 06:00 PM
    I got my Storm on release day, and am on my second device. I have a love/hate relationship with it. On days that it works, it rocks; on days when I am doing multiple battery pulls I hate it. I think they should have done something for the Storm 1 owners, when the Storm 2 was released. I know and agree with people who feel we were not owed anything, but I think it would have been the right thing to do. RIM sold tons of Storms, if these customers would have been taken care of better would have went a long ways to building brand loyalty and trust in the consumer market; the whole market they were targeting with the Storm. Instead they have a black eye in that market, and a lot of owners feeling burned and abandoned by RIM, including myself. I am looking at getting the HTC Incredible or the Nexus One, whenever they get released.
    I am in the same exact boat and mindset. I feel slighted enough to jump from RIM to Android. Seeing the update for the Storm 2 and nothing released for the original Storm makes me feel like I am arranging deck chairs on a sinking ship. Won't buy any more apps for it and am reading Android web pages in anticipation of the Incredible or N1. Too many missed pictures with this last update when it say 'Unable to open camera' or whatever it is and hello reboot. They should at least fix that little 'feature' at that was the straw that broke my affection for BlackBerry. First and last BlackBerry I own unless something really amazing happens and I don't see that happening.
    04-06-10 06:47 PM
    I love my S1 but I am getting the Nexus 1.
    Put me in this column ... Android rocks!!
    04-06-10 07:25 PM
    I fooled around with a moto droid back in december and I will say I was impressed. I'm not to hot on the moto brand of phones but after feeling abandon, I could make the jump. RIM is so behind the times, android based phones have got it going on, widgets is so cool, along with all the other cool stuff the androId OS has to offer. The one thing I wish is that android based phones had email like blackberry, but I guess with what android phones offer, that's all the ordinary person needs. I agree with the last couple of comments, and think RIM needs to get it together, or their gonna be in for a bumpy ride. I think they need to make and test their stuff better before marketing it to the public, and the people that commented earlier are right, customers well feel like RIM is being loyal to them.

04-06-10 08:43 PM
    I'm on this high and dry boat too. This is my first BB and still my first S1. I'm glad it has worked fine for me thus far, but definitely a shortfall compared to the Android phones.

04-06-10 08:45 PM
    But then again, I can't help but think of how long the Curve 8330 stayed in production, and as much rave as Verizon and others who introduced the Storm, I think the storm one should of had at least a two year span before introducing another version. I will say, the Storm one should have been tested better before being marketed the way it was. Like one member here on CB said one time, we storm owners were beta testers. But six one way half a dozen another.

I have no problem with new technology coming out and have no problem with the fact that RIM introduced the Storm 2 within two years, I just believe that if you sign a 2-year agreement on a device (and they charge you to end agreement) then they should have to support said device for the entire 2 years...meaning that if there are issues with the device, they should still try and iron them out.
    04-06-10 08:53 PM
    I definitely felt left high and dry as a 9530 owner. That is why I was really pushy, and VZW replaced it with a 9550, without using an upgrade, and with no charge!
    What did you say exactly?
    04-06-10 09:15 PM
    I have no problem with new technology coming out and have no problem with the fact that RIM introduced the Storm 2 within two years, I just believe that if you sign a 2-year agreement on a device (and they charge you to end agreement) then they should have to support said device for the entire 2 years...meaning that if there are issues with the device, they should still try and iron them out.
    Agree

04-06-10 09:42 PM
    Everyone keeps saying they got their storms in Jan and Feb 2008, but remember the phone wasnt released until Nov 21 2008. I know, b/c I am still on that phone!

BlackBerry Storm 9530 gets closer to Verizon launch
    You're right. I said "Feb '08," I meant Feb '09. It was a year and two months ago. Still on my original handset as well.
    04-06-10 10:38 PM
    I'm on my fifth. The rep who last replaced it told me she was on her sixth. That was in December.

Why on gods earth do you people replace a phone over five times? Take the hint, the Storm is clearly not your friend lol

04-07-10 07:08 AM
119 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD