My first 2-3 Storms had dust issue but no clicking (November-December).

Ordered a new Storm as my original one was bought off of HoFo and there was no record of me buying from Verizon. At least not, if there is a problem, they have record. So I received the new one in the mail and it had clicking problem. Went to the store and got a new replacement. It was built on 12/30 in Canada. Since I still had an old Storm that had dust, I called and got a replacement, they sent me a new one in box and accessories. This new one was also built on 12/30 but in Mexico. Both no clicking issues and no dust.
    01-17-09 02:48 PM
    perfect hardware - 21009 model.

and the software keeps getting better with each os update.
    01-17-09 02:52 PM
    Get some slowdown, mostly due to Viigo updating. Other than that, though, I love the Storm. Have office software out of the box, unlike the iPhone, and unlike Windows, the OS isn't power hungry. Multimedia works a treat and I even like the call quality.
    01-17-09 05:11 PM
    Me.

No to all the questions above. 1st phone; 1 month ; Mexico build.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 05:18 PM
    I wouldn't say flawless but mine has been very good to me (Still on my 1st one, don't plan on changing). My Bold isn't flawless either and neither is my iPhone or any of my WM devices
    01-17-09 05:20 PM
    Most of us will have newer "devices" by this time next year and arguing about their pros and cons once again.
    That is so true lol. I hardly bother with pros and cons anymore, I usually own my phones for 6-7 months at a time before selling and getting something else. I feel different with the Storm though, I actually REALLY like this phone. But who knows, I only signed a one year contract w/Verizon and the Palm Pre is coming out in a few months.
    01-17-09 05:44 PM
    hardware - flawless

software - good and getting better with each official os update
    01-18-09 06:11 PM
    I do.

I have had NO issues with it yet.
    01-18-09 07:43 PM
    No issues here. Hardware is gold.

Software needs work to fix a few things, but my storm doesn't reboot on its own, or freeze up, or need battery pulls, or have a brutal battery life, or any of the other complaints I've read about. Phone quality is 100% on mine too...great signal, no dropping of calls.

Overall, my storm is awesome. I can't get enough of it.

01-18-09 08:55 PM
    And the things that are wrong with it, are not because I have over-eager expectations, it's just buggy.

Problems for me: The click screen manages to mute or speaker-fy my calls if I smile while talking on the phone. Calls are dropped randomly. Strange beep in the middle of a call, only to find that my ring tone had reverted to factory settings. Ring tone changed once again on it's own again today, and the SMS message tone disappeared completely. Sometimes I never receive notice of a beep or red light when I have a message. Slow to turn the orientation sometimes, and other times it's fast. It's starting to lag, yet I have NOTHING on the phone (1 pic, no videos, no music, no new ringtones, no docs.)

The camera? The worst. No rhyme or reason as to why it refuses to take a pic, but the endless focusing and that bright light that is blinding my friends, is bad. Then if it finally decides to take the pic? Well.. the shutter speed is so slow that everyone has moved by the time it takes the pic (it's like the olden days when people had to sit still for minutes to get their pic taken.)

Oh, and it freezes up at odd times, rendering the video camera fairly useless. There is no excuse for having to do battery pulls on a new phone.

The bluetooth (I've tried two so far) never seems to work right with the phone. I push the button to use the voice call feature and instead end up calling the last person I talked to (which got pretty funny because I just kept calling my Mom over and over by accident.) I set connect the bluetooth and it says they're connected and get the confirming beep, but when a call comes in... I'm back on the handset.

Too many things that don't work for me with the phone. I was SOO excited to get it! And I loved the calendar and task aspect, and the touch screen. But my phone is far from flawless, and will be exchanged for another PDA type phone, like a Curve.
    Last edited by Wrengirl; 01-18-09 at 09:05 PM. Reason: adding details...
    01-18-09 09:03 PM
    My unit is flawless. It is the perfect size, shape, and looks beautiful either whether at work or play. Heck it's drop dead sexy when it's just laying there doing nothing. Makes you just want to pick it up and squeeze it--do something, anything with it. And it's so functional. It seems there are so many places it can go and wonderful things it can do. I may find a new way to enjoy using it every single day! Yeah, my unit is rock solid, baby.
    01-18-09 09:16 PM
    Flawless - No, Perfect - No, but a great device. I really have not noticed the lag, great battery life (I charge it every two days whether it needs it or not), never had a freeze, no unexpceted reboots, but I do a softreset about once every five days.

I purchased it the day they were released and it was delivered the day before Thanksgiving.

About 100 email per day, maybe 10 to 20 phone calls, calendar, games, pics, etc.
    01-18-09 09:18 PM
    Flawless - No, Perfect - No, but a great device. I really have not noticed the lag, great battery life (I charge it every two days whether it needs it or not), never had a freeze, no unexpceted reboots, but I do a softreset about once every five days.

I purchased it the day they were released and it was delivered the day before Thanksgiving.

About 100 email per day, maybe 10 to 20 phone calls, calendar, games, pics, etc.
    yea im with you, only i had it do one reboot since i had it and that was it, i mean yea it lags a little bit but its nothing i cant live with i mean geez its new technology u cant expect it to be completely perfect when it comes out. people just get to picky and dont understand,

01-20-09 12:56 AM
    Mine lags at times as well and I really don't like that. Otherwise it's been smooth sailing since 11/21/08.
    01-20-09 06:50 AM
    Perfect in every way!
    01-20-09 03:04 PM
    Disappointed mine 'crashed' on fri night repeatidly freezing, then eventually the screen turned to black & grey pixels, its still rang but couldnt see anything! Battery pulls were no luck...........so its been sent back to vodafone techs

Im so lost without my storm! Despite all this i wouldnt change for another phone!
    01-20-09 03:35 PM
    I love mine, except for the camera being so slow. Now reading some of these comments, I do wonder if this is the norm..I got mine mid December, did have to the do the software upgrade, and as it's corporate I'm on a BES. In going from an old Treo, to a Q (hated battery life!) to a Pearl (hated keyboard) to a Curve, had to try this out since it was new. Love it.
    01-20-09 03:37 PM
142 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD