View Poll Results: How will you receive the official OS release today?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will wait until the OTA version

35 29.66%
  • I'll get the OS earlier from the website

51 43.22%
  • Won't. I have moved my phone farther ahead with 'hybrids', etc.

32 27.12%
    Just curious. One part of me wants to get it asasp by using the website. Another thinks it would really cool to do an OTA upgrade. How about you? HERE"S A POLL, he yelled!
    Last edited by nneptune; 05-31-09 at 03:20 AM.
    05-31-09 03:16 AM
    I'm on a mac so I can't do it any other way than OTA....unless there's something I'm missing...
    05-31-09 03:19 AM
    I'm on a mac so I can't do it any other way than OTA....unless there's something I'm missing...
    That's one area where it makes my decision harder. I own a mac and windows... what to do....
    Last edited by nneptune; 05-31-09 at 03:29 AM.
    05-31-09 03:21 AM
    OTA! At least that would be my choice!
    05-31-09 03:44 AM
    Ohhhh, as for my aunt, she's goin for the web site!
    05-31-09 03:45 AM
    6 of my friends are waiting for this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 06:20 AM
    6 of my friends are waiting for this

why not have a Storm Update Party...
    everyone sits around with their BB, and whoever gets the first poke has to
    make the first prank call while doing a shot!... or not.
    05-31-09 07:11 AM
    Wouldn't be better to wipe with JL_Cmder first? In the past upgrades I've done, if I didn't wipe, I sometimes had issues. After a wipe and another try, the same issues did not exist. I would think a wipe and then install from the desktop might be the more prudent thing to do. What's the opinion here?
    05-31-09 07:18 AM
    yeah! Wait for the OTA 'cause I hear that version has sugar in it. Not like the dirty sour leaks everyone else has.
    05-31-09 08:01 AM
    Wouldn't be better to wipe with JL_Cmder first? In the past upgrades I've done, if I didn't wipe, I sometimes had issues. After a wipe and another try, the same issues did not exist. I would think a wipe and then install from the desktop might be the more prudent thing to do. What's the opinion here?
    I've done all kinds of upgrades/downgrades. I've used two different hybrids. Not once have I ever needed to wipe my phone.

The install in theory does the wipe for you. I feel it's an unnecessary step.
    05-31-09 08:13 AM
    I have to wait because I don't have windows

05-31-09 08:32 AM
    yeah! Wait for the OTA 'cause I hear that version has sugar in it. Not like the dirty sour leaks everyone else has.
    Leaked version is the same version you'll be getting over the air.

05-31-09 08:55 AM
    That is the way I'll do it. There is no way I will upgrade on top of another OS.
    I'll do a wipe and then install it. That is if it is newer than .148 V6. If it isn't, I won't do anything.
    05-31-09 09:06 AM
    I'll wait for the over the air update if I don't receive it then I'll choose the website just be paitent and we'll have it
    05-31-09 09:10 AM
    I will be sitting in front of my desktop all day clicking check for updates till it comes up!
    05-31-09 09:14 AM
    Im gonna go ahead and wait for OTA
    05-31-09 09:16 AM
    I look forward to reading all the posts from those who haven't don't it yet via leaks.... So it will be their first glimpse of what this thing should have been like on release date.

That said, they should know its a sign of even better things to come.

05-31-09 09:20 AM
    Wait, why don't you guys already have .148? I'm confused . . .

05-31-09 09:24 AM
    I already have .148. Although it's the same as what is coming out - it hasn't been "blessed" (joke) by Verizon. Anyway, when I got my Storm it had .65. Within a few days I got an email from Verizon re: .75 upgrade - and did it OTA - it was neat. I would think though - that doing it with a hard line (USB) is more efficient and less prone to mess up vs cyber airspace.
    05-31-09 09:25 AM
    I have .148 installed already (Beta). I will downgrade to .75 but I can't wait for the OTA. Verizon & Rim has kept us waiting too long. I will go to the BlackBerry Website and Upgrade officially through The Desktop Manager. What time is the download available? is it 12pm EST or 3pm EST?
    Last edited by Jahmezz; 05-31-09 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Didn't finish typing.
    05-31-09 09:30 AM
    I'm wiping to remove some of the leakage caused by corrupt db files.
    05-31-09 09:37 AM
    Wait, why don't you guys already have .148? I'm confused . . .

If you are on a BES and you're IT admin support guys are anal. Then you can't update you Storm using beta os. Only official.
    05-31-09 09:40 AM
    I'm going to wait for the OTA. My computer isn't good enough to use thesite. Really. My computer sucks.

05-31-09 09:41 AM
    I'm waiting for the OTA.

05-31-09 09:43 AM
    Already have it. It will be nice to se everybody on the same page, until the next leaked OS anyway.
    05-31-09 09:47 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD