Ive had just about every blackberry and until the storm 2, they have been the original phone, never had to get any of them replaced.

I am on my 6th storm 2, and awaiting the 7th. I am so careful with these phones, protective case, never toss it, treat it gingerly. I never download anything that is not on app world. I just don't get it. Each one has had similar problems. Mostly being the keyboard gets stuck on some sort of symbol and does not allow me to text or use the browser. The latest problem is when I turn the phone horizontally, it restarts itself. I did the master reset, and nothing. I did a software reload, nothing. So now they are sending yet another phone. I like the phone and i really want it to work for more than a couple of weeks. What am I doing to these phones to make them crap out in 2 weeks? I have taken each to verizon tech support, and they are stumped each time.
    06-14-10 12:37 PM
    None. 10chars.
    06-14-10 12:40 PM
    5 times...
    06-14-10 12:42 PM
    Weird... seems like some people just have bad luck. I'm on my first, no issues severe enough for me to need it replaced.
    06-14-10 12:46 PM
    One is good.
    06-14-10 12:47 PM
    Im on my 5th. Every one of them been the same problem of the speaker for the earpiece sounding like its blown.

And no I dont work in a metal shop or near one or anything, I work out of my house and phone is either in my pocket or on my notepad on my desk. I dont know how these speakers blow. Last one I didnt even load any new OS, didnt load any new App or anything, just used it as normal for about 10days and it happened again.

Dixit
    06-14-10 12:51 PM
    I'm on my 3rd Storm 2. First one I dropped in a bucket of water so that was on me. The 2nd one, I can't even remember what the issue was, I only remember that I wanted it fixed, not replaced but that wasn't an option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 12:58 PM
    I'm still on my first one from January. I suspect a lot of the reason some people get so many is that they just start out with a bad one. Thwn from there on out it is refurb after refurb...phines that were returned for issues and never actually fixed. I really find it hard to believe that anyone could get that many bad ones otherwise!

06-14-10 01:03 PM
    Still using my original one purchased last November. Great phone.
    06-14-10 01:15 PM
    I have never had to replace my Storm 2. Had the Storm 1 as well, which worked without problems.
    06-14-10 01:19 PM
    3 times. The first one was returned a couple of days later. The send key was impossible to work. The second one still had a bad send key, but not as bad. I ordered a replacement, which when recieved looked like it was kicked through the warehouse before being sent to me. That went straight back. Got the third one after RIM finally acknowledge there was a problem. Thanks RIM for getting out in front of this so you didn't have Storm 1 PR disaster...oh, that's right, you didn't get out in front of this. Ops. Anyway, this phone works perfectly. Only took three attempts to get what I paid for. I am glad RIM doesn't make cars or planes for that matter.
    06-14-10 01:20 PM
    I am on my second Storm 2 my son has my original Storm1 just don't get. This is really making me mad and now I need to send it in for repair again. Now Telus don't do swap anymore the give you a old Pearl and whenever your phone comes back you get a swap unit or the same phone repaired. Also I heard it is $150 deposit.
    RIM needs to improve their quality or you might see more people moving to Android.
    I think I will hang out in the Android forum for a while and see if they are having the same problems with their phones.
    06-14-10 01:30 PM
    Zero replacements. Zero S1 replacements as well.
    06-14-10 01:36 PM
    Zero. 2 storm2s since launch day no problems. Mine were both Hungarian builds.(Me and my wife got one, thats why we have 2)
    06-14-10 01:50 PM
    I'm currently on my 3rd phone in 4 months. The first time it was an OS issue. I wasn't able to get my keyboard to work in BBM groups. Took it back to Verizon and the the tech had no idea how to fix it and just gave me a new one. The second time I lost my dialpad when I was talking on the phone so I wasn't able to check voicemails because the keypad was gone. Only problem with this phone is that the keyboard is gone again since they gave me one with the faulty OS. To be honest with the exception of the keyboard issue in BBM Groups I'm satisfied with my phone.
    06-14-10 02:09 PM
    I'm on my 5th. If I have to get another replacement I'm gonna demand a different phone (Incredible maybe). I travel too much to keep having phone problems and it's a shame because it's a great phone, just too many problems for whatever reason. I baby these phones because I pay too much to neglect them, but they don't want the love I guess.
    06-14-10 03:11 PM
    None. Got it the first week it was out.
    06-14-10 03:14 PM
    Still on my first S2, now Storm1, THAT is a different story, I went thru 5 of them. Even got 1 replaced by Verizon and got to meet with the Verizon Regional Manager plus the RIM Carrier Sales Manager, and got to voice my complaints. That was a pretty neat experience and I ended up with a whole bunch of RIM booty too including this really cool RIM USB wrist band thumb drive thingie.
    06-14-10 03:18 PM
    I have had no issues whatsoever with my S2 since I got it in December. It works like a charm.

06-14-10 03:23 PM
    no replacements...all is great
    06-14-10 03:23 PM
    I am on my second Storm 2 my son has my original Storm1 just don't get. This is really making me mad and now I need to send it in for repair again. Now Telus don't do swap anymore the give you a old Pearl and whenever your phone comes back you get a swap unit or the same phone repaired. Also I heard it is $150 deposit.
    RIM needs to improve their quality or you might see more people moving to Android.
    I think I will hang out in the Android forum for a while and see if they are having the same problems with their phones.
    06-14-10 03:31 PM
    Still on #1 for me since launch...and no complaints
    06-14-10 03:56 PM
    Still on my first one.
    Build date Oct. 2009.
    06-14-10 03:56 PM
    I'm on my second Storm2, the first being replaced because it kept dropping from 3G to 1X. I had three Storms, the last now being used by my wife and running perfectly. Now that it works, I'm very happy with the Storm2.
    06-14-10 04:01 PM
    Bought my Storm1 on Ebay a year ago. A few months ago I bought a Storm2 on Ebay. Each phone had its glitches, but thanks to all the info here on CB I have been able to resolve each issue. I have loved both of my Storms!
    06-14-10 04:04 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD