04-28-10 02:33 AM
77 1234
tools
    moving to Android...RIM is doing all the posible for keep the young costumers away...and is working!!
    04-20-10 11:54 PM
    I love my storm and i hope they will come out with the S3 soon. I am really ready for Flash and to see what 6.0 gives us.
    04-21-10 07:08 AM
    got the storm, now storm2 and I will get the s3 around 6 month after release

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 07:59 AM
    I was happy with my storm 1 and I just picked up a storm 2 for the wifi and I'm happy with it for now.
    04-22-10 07:41 PM
    Yeah the S3 would possibly be a great device, but no leaks or photos yet.. Who knows if it even exists? Word of mouth is not evidence, I may wait for a bit to see if verizon gets and Apple. First come first served.
    04-22-10 08:34 PM
    My Storm is my first BB and I'm hooked; seems like I'm one of the few people that has not had any major problems with it. Hopefully, when the Storm 3 is released it will be running 6.0 but if not I think I will still try it out and see what it has to offer.
    04-23-10 12:29 PM
    I've had the same S1 since release day. Other than the browser, I've loved this phone very much. I will basically be looking at the S3 and Android. I'm tired of everyone I know with another phone being finished viewing their website before mine even loads. More than anything though, I tether. LTE is going to be a must for me.

I relly want the S3 to have a great browser and LTE. I'd hate to give up surepress and my current apps.

Android is the only other platform I would consider right now. I'm not interested in a Windows phone, or Palm, and **** would have to freeze, thaw out, and freeze again before I'd look at an iPhone.
    04-23-10 03:52 PM
    Was seriously considering the Android before i saw the (HandsOnImpressionS3) article. This is my first blackberry while I Love the large touchscreen/Surepress- I hate the browser & sucky app store. OH & the memory is absolutely horrible! Especially being that I barely have any apps & dont even browse the app store b/c i know my phone can't handle the 2 or 3 that I have already...

Nonetheless the BBM & being part of the blackberry family has me tolerating in hopes that the S3 will be as great as the rumors say..
    04-23-10 04:12 PM
    HTC Incredible in a few weeks. Can't wait until June 21!
    04-23-10 06:45 PM
    When my contract expires in two years I'm pretty sure I'll pick up the latest Storm, unless there is something that is definitely much better or the Storm goes down the ****ter.
    04-23-10 07:59 PM
    Like some of the folks that have commented about it, If I do get something other than a Storm, Im a really gonna miss the sure press screen. I think that was a great idea. I like some have mentioned, tried a Moto Droid out in a Verizon Store, and I kept making mistakes while typing out a text message. Of course Im sure with time and practice, I could have gotten better at it and made less mistakes. My interest is really been towards this HTC Incredible, this thing is awesome. The one thing I noticed about it though that I didn't like was, it only has 256mb of memory. The Storm 3, if it even exist, is said to gonna have 512mb of memory. Oh well, I guess well see. I know one thing though, if RIM wants to keep me as a BB user, they need to get off their asses, get 6.0 out, get a better browser (thats all I do with a smart phone, surf the web), and make me a phone that is smoking hot fast, or... Im gone gone gone.
    04-23-10 10:28 PM
    My interest is really been towards this HTC Incredible, this thing is awesome. The one thing I noticed about it though that I didn't like was, it only has 256mb of memory.
    ?? Every spec I have seen is that it has 512 RAM and 512 ROM, including on VZW website!

.::HTC Incredible Specs (evergreen)::. - Android Forums

There is also some discussion from people who have already received the phone that there is actually 748 MB out of the box available for app storage??

Actual free app space on Incredible- out of the box? - Android Forums
    04-23-10 11:38 PM
    Like some of the folks that have commented about it, If I do get something other than a Storm, Im a really gonna miss the sure press screen. I think that was a great idea. I like some have mentioned, tried a Moto Droid out in a Verizon Store, and I kept making mistakes while typing out a text message. Of course Im sure with time and practice, I could have gotten better at it and made less mistakes. My interest is really been towards this HTC Incredible, this thing is awesome. The one thing I noticed about it though that I didn't like was, it only has 256mb of memory. The Storm 3, if it even exist, is said to gonna have 512mb of memory. Oh well, I guess well see. I know one thing though, if RIM wants to keep me as a BB user, they need to get off their asses, get 6.0 out, get a better browser (thats all I do with a smart phone, surf the web), and make me a phone that is smoking hot fast, or... Im gone gone gone.
    Agreed. All I want is OS6, to be at lest as powerful as the s2, and a higher rez screen hopefully. would be handy with pictures
    04-23-10 11:44 PM
    I must of read some old article about it from several months ago before HTC actually release specs on it and back when everyone was guessing. Well! That is just freaking awesome, that makes my day to hear that.

04-23-10 11:46 PM
    Like many others, I picked up the S1 on release day (so my contract is coming up soon). I was actually out of contract with VZW 8 months waiting for a new phone to peek my interest. My initial impressions of the S1 were not good. However, the word on the street was that OS updates were coming. And indeed, the progressive updates addressed some issues though I did not really enjoy the S1 until after OS5.

But I haven't seen any S1 OS updates in some time (nor any OS leaks) which has me concerned. No love from RIM for early adopters. I suppose they expect us to upgrade to S2 and/or wait for S3. Really? If the new equipment is that good, it should be enough to entice consumers to upgrade. No need to bludgeon your customers by cutting off software enhancements.

That aside, I'm not a power user. I do a little web browsing but mainly text, e-mail, and read the news. So the S1 is adequate for my needs. The quad band GSM has been enormously useful as I travel and VZW global roaming rates are actually quite reasonable (the same as AT&T).

So I'll stick with the S1 until I find something better (maybe S3). For those that would like to see handset manufacturers and wireless carriers become more responsive to their customers, I suggest going out of contract. As the % of post paid subscribers off contract increases, the carriers become more nervous. Think of it as collective bargaining.
    04-24-10 12:34 AM
    I can't wait to get my hands on the Incredible. Weeee

04-24-10 10:39 PM
    I'm going android as soon as google decides to release the nexus one for Verizon.

04-24-10 10:53 PM
    The Storm1 is not only the worst phone I've ever owned, it's the worst electronic device I've ever owned. RIM's products are becoming archaic and look and operate as though they are from 5+ years ago. They are typewriters in a world of computers.

I pre-ordered an HTC Incredible which should arrive next week and I can't wait to dump the S1 and RIM in the process. And judging by the rise in negative comments that I see on this and other forums directed at RIM, I'm not alone.
    04-25-10 08:35 AM
    Remember this. http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&war...&v=JrVgXt12lOY

04-26-10 11:00 PM
    Years w/ Blackberry. Bleeding edge with the Storm since release day. Done with Blackberry. When mine and my wife's NE2 are due this summer, we're either going with the iPhone or an Android device. Blackberry has fallen so far behind the curve in combining consumer and work features. The thing iPhone has going for it is the limitless number of applications (and not just games to all you whiners about "iToy"), but applications that I can use the **** out of for my job. RIM is done...

04-27-10 12:09 AM
    well im bailing and going the android route on wednesday. i was going to go storm 3 route but i got such a bad taste in my mouth over the storm 1 i had for almost 2 years and thought why wait for the s3? i been a bb user since the 7520 and loved my bb and never wanted a different phone but bb is lacking on a few things imho. i hope they hit it out of the park with the s3 cause theres a lot of people over at android central now that are ex storm users, if they dont do something soon bb is going to lose people on a regular basis.
    04-27-10 12:27 AM
    I'm going with an Android for my next phone...I got the Storm the day it came out, and have had some good times with it, but for the most part, it hasn't lived up to my expectations. I used to like BB the best, but I hear a lot of good things about Android so I'm going to take my chances with that next!
    04-27-10 07:13 AM
    I had a few Android phones and while they have great apps i keep coming back to BB and i just came back again after having the Moto Droid and i have the S2 now and its a good phone. I may go to android sometime in the future again but its gonna be a few before i do....
    04-27-10 08:04 AM
    After seeing the OS6 video from WES this morning I think Storm3 is the way I will go, although things can change by the time it is released. I have a storm1 and really enjoy it, With OS5 it has been good to me, the only downfall is the 128mb but with all newer devices having 256 or 512mb I don;t think that will be problem with Storm 3.
    04-27-10 09:49 AM
    if the storm 3 isn't that great i'm ditching it and heading over to the "Bold" side!! Muh hah hah hah.
    04-27-10 01:51 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD