04-28-10 02:33 AM
77 123 ...
tools
    How many Storm 1 owners are there that's ready to upgrade to the storm 3 when it comes out, or thinking of going with something totally different?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 10:10 AM
    Unless they totally revamp the Storm 3, I'm going the android route next time. RIM is just moving at way too slow a pace for my taste. With so many great android devices coming out every couple of months, it really shows just how slow RIM can go. That and they keep making devices ever so marginally better than the previous that you're spending 2-3 months enjoying it and the other 10-18 months looking for signs of an upgraded OS or brand new hardware.
    04-18-10 10:33 AM
    I love my storm and i hope they will come out with the S3 soon. I am really ready for Flash and to see what 6.0 gives us.

But i am also looking at WM 7 series.
    04-18-10 10:50 AM
    I'm patiently waiting to see what the S3 has to offer. If its what I expect from a 3rd Gen device, then I'll pick one up.

If not, then I will buy a different device or wait till next year and see what LTE devices are available (hoping).

04-18-10 11:05 AM
    I will more than likely go to Win Mo 7 when it comes out over here. We shouldn't have had to wait for OS5 to get a decent enough OS that comes out 13 months after I got the phone. It's a shame, because I love this phone, but I can't give RIM any more money if this is going to happen on future devices I will still take a look at the new Bold just in case it excites me enough
    04-18-10 01:10 PM
    I'm going with the Droid Incredible as soon as it comes out. Held on to palm as long as I could. It had a great calendar function that kept appointments until I told it to. RIM only keeps them for a month or two at the most. Run out of memory? Palm had far less. This lack of calendar has forced me to use Google Cal quite a bit. Hoping for better integration then with that through Android. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the Storm but its limitations are getting to me.
    04-18-10 01:17 PM
    I had the storm for a whole year and it was more of a "love, hate" relationship. I liked the new touch interface, but it had so many problems. I wouldn't base my whole opinion on BB's because of the Storm. I don't know how the Storm 2 is, but the word storm has left a sour taste in my mouth now. But I absolutely love BB's. After the Storm I went to the Tour and absolutely loved it. But now that my work controls what BB's I have, I am BACK to the Storm. Even though, I was a little bothered, its still a blackberry and it's kinda nice to have the big screen again. I will always be with Blackberry. Maybe one day I will be one of the iPhone / Blackberry holders, because I love the iPhone's capabilities, but we will see. I am a crackberry addict and its staying that way.
    04-18-10 01:26 PM
    I am up for an upgrade on 11/30 of this year. Unless RIM catches up to android or what I believe WM7 will offer VERY QUICKLY, I will make the jump. I've carried a BB since 2004 and the Storm has all but killed this relationship. If money wasn't so tight, I'd pay for the Incredible on the 29th... RIP BB Storm.

04-18-10 01:40 PM
    I'm thinking the vibe in this thread is the vibe of most regular consumers who still have the storm 1, I think we'll see a lot go to android and the new iPhone.
    04-18-10 02:08 PM
    If the Storm 3 runs on OS5 and not 6, it will fail.....................

And like CBBrandon said, most people will be going for Androids and iPhones. RIM better dish out this OS6 soon and make it good otherwise they'll wind up like Palm. If that happens, I dunno who will buy RIM.
    04-18-10 02:15 PM
    If the Storm 3 runs on OS5 and not 6, it will fail.....................

And like CBBrandon said, most people will be going for Androids and iPhones. RIM better dish out this OS6 soon and make it good otherwise they'll wind up like Palm. If that happens, I dunno who will buy RIM.
    I agree with you except for the fact RIM will end up like Palm that won't happen because of their corporate and government contracts.
    04-18-10 02:19 PM
    I agree with you except for the fact RIM will end up like Palm that won't happen because of their corporate and government contracts.
    True.

Hopefully they buy Palm so we can see WebOS on BB. That would be sick!
    04-18-10 02:25 PM
    True.

Hopefully they buy Palm so we can see WebOS on BB. That would be sick!
    Heck yea I'm hoping they do the samething.

04-18-10 02:30 PM
    I got the Storm on release day, and I just pre-ordered the Droid Incredible this morning from Best Buy. Hopefully the Incredible works out for me!
    04-18-10 04:40 PM
    My time is up in July and as of right now looking at the new Bold rather then Storm. I did a test drive on Droid but it has issues with business e-mail and that's what I need most.
    Unless something gives I will stick with BB for a while but should Droid get a decent enterprise e-mail system all bets are off.
    04-18-10 06:05 PM
    I'll be getting either the Storm3 or Slider. I've looked at the Android phones, but none of them really interest me. It comes down to the little things like the lack of convenience keys and lack of SurePress or physical keyboards. The screen also seems much too large on most of the HTC models. One of the best parts of the Storm is how easy it is to operate one-handed.
    Other than that, they're pretty much the same to me. One's just more plain and simple, while the other is more flashy and fun.

04-18-10 06:19 PM
    With so many great android devices coming out every couple of months, it really shows just how slow RIM can go.
    Not exactly a fair comparison with multiple companies developing with the Android OS. Although, I'm personally really looking forward to the Galaxy S from Samsung when it's released at the end of the year. Staying with Verizon looks to be a little more worth it for me than jumping to AT&T when it's first released this Summer. Looking forward to having Exchange synching my Calender again and having Flash.

04-18-10 06:22 PM
    the storm isn't all that terrible of a phone. however, the one absolutely crock of BS that to this day confuses me is:

128mb is all that can be used for applications... and it's the ****ing ram.

because of this, and the fact that blackberry can't figure software out, i'll be switching.

ONLY when a revolutionary phone comes out, though. IE: dual core, 1gb ram onboard. something that really packs a punch. i might break down and buy the nexus one, though if i'm desperate enough.
    04-18-10 07:11 PM
    Storm2 was huge improvement over the first storm as with any new released model. If your still on the first storm I would upgrade if you have the chance to the Storm2 or 3 if it comes out.

04-18-10 07:15 PM
    I am seriously thinking about the Droid. I even got an early upgrade incentive from Verizon. My only worry is the email interface with outlook, which I must have for work. It was a disappointment that the Storm2 has the same camera, seems to be no faster than the Storm1.

Do you think a phone better than the Droid will come along any time soon?
    04-18-10 07:26 PM
    I must be one of the few left that truly loves my Storm1. I have loved it since the day I got it almost a year ago. It's unlocked and running on Tmo and has done everything that I have asked it to, plus more. Every new OS, hybrid, etc., has taken this phone to a higher level.

Just today I got a great deal on a Storm2 on *bay. I decided to upgrade to Storm2 because the reception in my house is cruddy and the 2 has wi-fi. That will help the situation.

As for Storm 3, well, I'm hoping by then T-mobile will have their hands on it. Then it will be in mine for sure.

I have seen some of the other phones out there, but am not really tempted because of the 'workhorse' that my Storm is. Steady and reliable. It's really going to take a lot to pull me away, and I just haven't seen it yet.
    04-18-10 08:39 PM
    Unless rim comes with a better hardware than the iphone and any android device and a MAYOR update to the OS I'm switching to android.
    04-18-10 10:15 PM
    Storm 3 when it comes out.
    S1 as soon as it came out.
    S2 upgrades as soon as it came out.
    04-18-10 10:58 PM
    Push everything is important to me, plus the fact that the S3 might just be better where the S1 failed, hardware and stability issues, I guess I'd go RIM.

04-18-10 11:30 PM
    I'm almost a year in with my S1, and we've had our fair share of bumps (software related) and I still really like this phone. The S2 is not (in my opinion) a huge jump up from the S1, so I wouldn't bite the bullet and pay full retail for it. My contract is up in one year, so I'm HOPING that the S3 is out, or very close, and I can jump on it.

Android and Iphones still seem too much like toys to me... I don't want to talk on my Nintendo DS, I want; solid, stable, good battery life, multi-faceted communications device.
    04-19-10 12:02 AM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD