Hopefully when the Storm 3 launches in North America, Canada gets it with HSPA bands so I can pick it up and use it on the Bell/Telus HSPA network up here. I won't touch iPhone or Android for significant reasons (data-hungry, battery hungry, build quality, Google's control of Android data). Don't get me wrong, I fully acknowledge that the iPhone is a significantly better entertainment device - fully encompassing music, video, games, and even web browsing. I fully acknowledge that android is incredibly flexible and some devices are just as good as iPhone for web browsing (some even better simply due to the inclusion of flash). But when it comes to signal quality, email management, battery life (with or without a changeable battery)... keeping in touch with ease.... blackberry does that far and away better than the competition.

It's not like the media experience is all that bad on Blackberry anyways. Movies and audio still come across great. The only thing I'd ~really~ push to change is the web browser - though to be honest, I'm actually relatively ok with it as is. This after using Opera Mini 5 and Opera Mobile 9.5 and 10 on a win-mo device a while back.
    04-18-10 11:49 PM
    my s1 is my first blackberry. i love it. Thats NOT saying it cant be better for all the ideas listed here. I REALLY hope the s3 has a serious hardware upgrade.
    i enjoy my fone and cant wait to see what is upgraded in the s3.
    04-19-10 12:23 AM
    I love my S1 and will definitely be getting an S3 when it comes out. I have a year from this June to wait to upgrade so by then many things could change.
    04-19-10 10:38 AM
    I'll be getting the S3 - no option for non-Blackberries if I still want to get corporate email support, and I don't think I could handle a smaller screen on the traditional BB design.
    04-19-10 11:07 AM
    I am ready for a storm 3. since there is no word of it coming out anytime soon or even in this year at all, im considering waiting for a new tour or curve to come out this summer. i do love my touchscreen but its getting on the old side and im gonna need to upgrade sooner or later.
    04-19-10 11:27 AM
    Got my Storm in March of "09" I still love it. I have not have all of the problems that some have. The phone just works for me. Yeah, I've had to pull the battery a few time, so what. You have to reboot your computer now and then too, and that is what a battery pull does.

I have friends with Iphones and Droids, they all have their issues.

When my Ne2 comes up I'll get whatever Storm upgrade they have.

JPD217
    04-19-10 11:32 AM
    I won't touch iPhone or Android for significant reasons (data-hungry, battery hungry, build quality, Google's control of Android data).
    Could you elaborate on google's control of android data?
    04-19-10 12:16 PM
    Hopefully when the Storm 3 launches in North America, Canada gets it with HSPA bands so I can pick it up and use it on the Bell/Telus HSPA network up here. I won't touch iPhone or Android for significant reasons (data-hungry, battery hungry, build quality, Google's control of Android data). Don't get me wrong, I fully acknowledge that the iPhone is a significantly better entertainment device - fully encompassing music, video, games, and even web browsing. I fully acknowledge that android is incredibly flexible and some devices are just as good as iPhone for web browsing (some even better simply due to the inclusion of flash). But when it comes to signal quality, email management, battery life (with or without a changeable battery)... keeping in touch with ease.... blackberry does that far and away better than the competition.

It's not like the media experience is all that bad on Blackberry anyways. Movies and audio still come across great. The only thing I'd ~really~ push to change is the web browser - though to be honest, I'm actually relatively ok with it as is. This after using Opera Mini 5 and Opera Mobile 9.5 and 10 on a win-mo device a while back.
    Awesome post. I agree with you 100%.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 01:56 PM
    I love my storm. I got it as soon as I could from Bell Mobility. Thanks to hybrids and Opera 5, I am fairly satisfied with its performance. When its time to upgrade, I think I will get the Storm 3. I don't think the 2 offers enough improvements to spend all the cash to upgrade. This was my first BB and I am hooked.

04-19-10 04:14 PM
    I love my storm. I got it as soon as I could from Bell Mobility. Thanks to hybrids and Opera 5, I am fairly satisfied with its performance. When its time to upgrade, I think I will get the Storm 3. I don't think the 2 offers enough improvements to spend all the cash to upgrade. This was my first BB and I am hooked.

Bell just started offering Storm 2, is that what you got?

At any rate, for me the storm will be my last BB unless Storm 3 radically changes the landscape of mobile touch phones, otherwise I'll go with Samsung Omnia 2 for business, since it's also a choice my company offers.
    04-19-10 04:29 PM
    been on storm 1 a year+ now and i still love it but there are times when i wish it were a storm 2 (looking to soon upgrade to 2).

however, if 3 comes out id be interested in it if it stayed same candy bar style, no slider and no physical keyboard. i'd mainly be interested to see if they improved faster processing and other important hardware.

ive played around with the droids and the htc's and really as good as the OS may be, im just not a huge fan of the layout of the OS. i also really enjoy how the storm software works with the surepress keyboard. and it feels like i get the options i need to get around the phone easily.
    04-19-10 05:31 PM
    I am an original S1 beta tester (bought it on day 1) and I have upgraded it every OS leak and hybrid available. Once I found a hybrid I loved (Architects .580) and the very small memory leak it had to offer I realized I am a solid storm fan. At first I wanted to kill my phone. But now seeing as how the storm 2 is what the storm 1 SHOULD have been, I know for a fact the storm 3 if and when it is released will be perfect for me. Fingers crossed.

04-19-10 06:44 PM
    I would rather plunge a hot poker into my ear everyday for the next 2 years than be stuck in a contract with anything "Storm" again. I want a touch screen device so blackberry is out for me. I'm gonna look real hard at htc incredible and nexus one.

04-19-10 06:50 PM
    I had a Win Mo 6 HTC phone. There were definitely things that I missed when I moved to my Storm 1. I got it when it first came out. I wish that it came with a theme that put my calendar and tasks info on the main screen, but I can buy that, and I haven't found that feature on any other phone either. I have played with the different droid phones and Win Mo's recently, but I can't find one that I like. I like SurePress. I like my Storm. My NE2 comes up in Aug, and if the Storm 3 is coming soon, I will wait. This phone makes sense to me and doesn't start apps when I bump it. No **** dialing or app starting. I am not sure why others have had issues as mine has worked great. The issues I've had were self inflicted. The thing that I like best about the phone, the phone call quality is great.
    04-19-10 08:04 PM
    I would rather plunge a hot poker into my ear everyday for the next 2 years than be stuck in a contract with anything "Storm" again. I want a touch screen device so blackberry is out for me. I'm gonna look real hard at htc incredible and nexus one.

That sounded to me like a cut and paste repeat of another lame post I read a long time ago about a poker. Take the time to type your disdain next time.

04-19-10 08:16 PM
    I'm one of the guys who bought the S1 on initial release day, and with every new OS release I've grown to love it even more. It does everything I ask of it and then some, and it's easily the best smartphone I've ever owned.

I'm not willing to make the jump to the S2, as I - like others - don't believe there's enough of an improvement to justify the added expense. But if the S3 is as good as the initial hands-on post (from back in December) seemed to imply, it will definitely be my next Blackberry product.
    04-19-10 08:30 PM
    It does everything I ask of it and then some, and it's easily the best smartphone I've ever owned
    If the S1 is the best smartphone you've ever owned, then it must be the only smartphone you've ever owned. Storm 1=Worst "smartphone" in history!
    04-19-10 08:42 PM
    im happy with my storm1 and definitely would go for a storm 3. It does everything I want it to do perfectly. I dont browse much, but when i do browse little things, i have no problems. texting is good, calling is good, browsing is simple. its a very simple and easy to use phone with decent browsing. I mean i can get to youtube vids and watch them just as fast as my friends iphone, and check up my bank accounts blah blah blah.
    04-19-10 09:51 PM
    If the S1 is the best smartphone you've ever owned, then it must be the only smartphone you've ever owned. Storm 1=Worst "smartphone" in history!
    I've owned several other smartphones, including a number of Palm devices.

And when I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.
    04-20-10 12:33 AM
    And when I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.
    Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

04-20-10 01:34 AM
    Bell just started offering Storm 2, is that what you got?

At any rate, for me the storm will be my last BB unless Storm 3 radically changes the landscape of mobile touch phones, otherwise I'll go with Samsung Omnia 2 for business, since it's also a choice my company offers.
    No I got the S1 in Feb of '09. It always takes us a little longer to get stuff up here. I loved my S1 at first, then struggled, then discovered Crackberry...now I am back in love. I don't mind glitches if I can find ways to fix them.

04-20-10 08:06 AM
    Yeah I'll probably go up to the Storm3. If it's out when my NE2 is up anyway. Which it probably should be. If not I might just wait until it does come out and hang on to the Storm1 for a bit longer. I can handle that.
    04-20-10 10:23 AM
    I have had my s1 for 7 months now. It is the first smartphone that I have owned but not the first I have used. I like how the phone functions but think there is so much more that could be done to make it better. I don't see the s2 as enough of an upgrade for the cost. Not sure if I would move to the s3 or not. I am leaning towards the incredable now but since I have a little bit until I can upgrade I am sure something else will be out.
    04-20-10 11:20 AM
    I am eligible now for an upgrade. I really have no problems with my Storm 1 but there is always the itch for something new. I use the Storm mainly for e-mail so I would like to stick with a BlackBerry if possible. My main gripes are the tiny amount of app memory, crummy browser & no wifi.

My next phone will have to be a touch-screen device with no physical keyboard. If the Storm 3 is like the rumored device in the link below I'm in. I'm waiting for an announcement...

Hands on/initial impression of Storm 3
    04-20-10 12:34 PM
    That sounded to me like a cut and paste repeat of another lame post I read a long time ago about a poker. Take the time to type your disdain next time.

Yea you're right. I've used the Screwdriver, hot tar, and hot poker as tools in my analogies. The fact remains that at one time I thought I really liked this device but what I've come to learn is that I only liked toying with it by loading leaks and hybrids. Now that has worn off and I'm not impressed with s2 or anything else I've seen coming down the pike from RIM so I'm out.

After all the updates it is clear this phone has reached its limit and its limits stop short of my needs. I know there is always the latest and greatest that will antiquate any device within a year or so and I love that about technology. I just don't see that device coming from RIM anytime soon.

04-20-10 03:01 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD