View Poll Results: Please vote if you own a Storm

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have no issues with my screen responding to presses.

46 34.85%
  • I have issues with my screen, but nothing I can't live with.

20 15.15%
  • I exchanged my Storm because of screen issues, but my replacement works fine.

1 0.76%
  • I exchanged my Storm and the new one has problems too.

3 2.27%
  • I have issues with my screen and a replacement Storm is on order.

25 18.94%
  • I had issues with my screen and returned the phone because of it.

2 1.52%
  • I have issues with my screen and the "napkin fix" worked.

21 15.91%
  • I have issues with my screen, but I don't feel comfortable trying this.

14 10.61%
    Ok... a few people have reported problems with their screen not responding and someone reported that placing a napkin and/or credit card under the battery stabilized their screen. I suspect that it is really very few of us that have had problems with the screen not responding(I haven't had ANY), but the "haters" wanna harp on it, so let's clear the air once and for all... If you own a Storm, vote in the poll please.
    11-24-08 04:05 PM
    Well I have definitely skewed the data at this point....
    I am 50% there as my wife's is fine and mine sucks.
    11-24-08 04:10 PM
    bump... it always amazes me how quickly things move to the 2nd and 3rd page...
    11-24-08 05:13 PM
    I have problems with the click not being very clear when in portrait mode, on the space button. It still registers (usually), but it doesn't make the distinct click feel that the rest of the screen makes. It really breaks up the typing rhythm. Interestingly enough, my corners work fine.

They told me I can try trading it out at a VZW store when they get more in, but I'm skeptical that all of them have problems with varying feel of the screen, due to the nature of the design. And I don't want to go jamming paper under my battery. Seems like a bad idea.
    11-24-08 05:18 PM
    My screens works everywhere (including the edges) but it is not as firm at the edges. I wouldn't of thought there is anything wrong with it, but now that all this stuff is coming up, I can't help but think maybe I could have a better one.
    11-24-08 05:38 PM
    I am having problems with my clicking on the lower right and left of the screen. Verizon called today to make sure everything was working well on my device. I spoke to them regarding the issue with the screen and he said to go back to the verizon store and they should be able to fix it or send me replacement.
    11-24-08 05:48 PM
    You could make this one a sticky too.
    11-26-08 11:26 AM
    You could make this one a sticky too.
    I'm pretty sure only a mod can do that.
    11-26-08 11:35 AM
    I have the made in Canada version with the same stiff corner. I plan to try the "business card" fix. If that works, then I'll be calling Verizon for a replacement.
    11-28-08 03:59 PM
    bump. this one is better than the other poll
    12-05-08 07:30 PM
    My replacement is worse, sending it right back
    12-05-08 07:32 PM
    My screen no longer responds to touch at all. Everything else - buttons, accelerometer, camera...al seem to be ok but the screen will not respond to touch.
    12-06-08 12:37 PM
    I only have a small problem when i click the top of the screen, but it's a blessing in disguise because my fingers are getting stronger everytime i type haha. Everything else is great, I may go exchange my model for the newer one but I am doing just fine with this one. The new update helped a lot and i can't wait to get more.
    12-06-08 12:40 PM
    my screen went to crap yesterday, the screen felt like it was clicking twice near the blackberry test on the top. I was pissed to say the least, until I removed my screen protector. Problem fixed, screen is 100% again.
    12-06-08 12:43 PM
    WTF - 50 OUT OF 110 users have thus far reported problems with the screen clicking through? That's M_F insanity. How do you (RIM - Verizon - Qualcomm I'm talking to you) release a device like this? Have you no pride, no dignity, no respect for anyone else?

The tech supervisor I spoke with this morning 'knew' exactly what was happening with my phone, as if the phone had been out for years..."oh yeah" he says to me "it happens". It happens, the just released touch screen device's touch screen, fails to recognize it is being touched? That happens? Yeah, like the hot tub manufacturer who's drain suction occassionally rips children's colons out their anuses, and the tire manufacturer's who occassionally allows a few models to have their rubber seperate resulting in a high speed blown tire, or the constant deluge of half baked computer hardware with 10-15% failure rates.

Sorry to rant. But I beleive that unless we stop the current corporate mindset that allows this crud to fill our shelves, we too will soon have our infants drinking poisoned formula...oh yeah, the FDA just gave them the ok to have a little melamine in formula
    12-06-08 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD