Just wondering with updates starting to roll out, how many Re-Reviews from all the "big guns" so to speak, will there be.

You guys think they'll update there thoughts on the device? Give it another chance. I think they definitely should. I mean they gave Mr. Iphone chances right? Since everyone wants to compare it to that.
    11-30-08 09:49 AM
    Why would Gizmodo, Engadget, CNET or other sites re-review it ? RIM sent out equipment intended for release, and it was held to it's merits and flaws at the time of delivery. When appliances or cars are released, their reviews are held till the next major revision/model year is rolled out (not a new re-review on every recall or minor update)

Patches one or more weeks after an official release do not undo the fact that this device was shipped with serious software quality issues, nor should it shield RIM/Verizon from criticism for thinking that the Storm was ready for prime time.

Rather than asking whether the larger sites will re-review the equipment, we should ask why RIM/Verizon could not hold out two or three more weeks to integrate the latest set of fixes into shipsets.
    Last edited by IAmTheWalrus; 11-30-08 at 10:20 AM.
    11-30-08 10:10 AM
    Hold on. So your saying they shouldn't look at it again after an update has been released? So I guess the iPhone is special then, cause I'm pretty sure it has been looked at more than once or twice when updates are dropped. Come on.
    11-30-08 01:15 PM
    I believe quite a few will re-review it. The builds for the Storm will get better and better with every new Firmware release. I am loving my Storm more and more everyday and I'm sure many others are too.
    11-30-08 01:19 PM
    Chill out kids. This update was not very significant. It fixed a few things here and there, but there are still a ton of issues that need to be addressed before this device gets RIM any kind of respect back.

While this update was enough to keep me for a few more weeks or so from going back to my curve, there"s still a LOT of work that needs to be done. Like for instance, the serious typing lag i'm experiencing right now in the web browser.

I mean, how long did ot take for the bold to become an adequate device? You can't say you're satisfied with .75 just because .65 was so bad. RIM should get no praise yet until we see something more significant than this petty update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 01:23 PM
    Maybe a few of them will go back over it once the official release is out.
    11-30-08 01:35 PM
    Yeah, I'm not saying they should look at it again now. When its gotten updated sufficiently and it running like it meant to run. That's when.
    Last edited by cocruxified; 11-30-08 at 01:45 PM.
    11-30-08 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD