I bought my Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530 the very FIRST day it was released. Since then, I have had only one UPDATE come across my phone and I downloaded it successfully. (it was version 4.7.0.75) I see many posts about UN-official updates to the phone, but I want to wait for the next official release. So, does anyone know if:

1) Has there, in fact, been only 1 officially relased upggrade??

2) Does anyone know when the next one will be out??

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!
    Anthony
    01-24-09 12:33 PM
    Verizon has only released one update (.75) to date. There are several leaked updates available on this site, but nobody knows for sure when the next official release will be.
    01-24-09 12:36 PM
    Thank you so much!!
    Anth
    01-24-09 12:37 PM
    Yes only one official update for the Verizon 9530 has been released. Although one of the Canadian carriers (Bell?) has .76 and you should be able to load that one the 9530 by deleting the vendor xml file. As for the beta OS try them and if you don't like you can always revert to the official.
    01-24-09 12:40 PM
    For what it's worth, i have .76 on Telus.

I'm sure they're the same....ish
    01-24-09 12:40 PM
    Why r there so many leaked ones? Are they getting people ti test them then deciding its not good enough for official release? Its a joke

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 12:45 PM
    ^^^IMHO it's smart.

you can pay 10 or more people in the office to test it.... or just give it to thousands of early (and very aware/into it/intelligent) adopters and see what issues they get so they can make their next official release even better.....for free.

It's smart. . . it's exactly what MS is doing with Windows 7 right now. (beta dl extended to after Feb btw)
    01-24-09 01:05 PM
    Why r there so many leaked ones? Are they getting people ti test them then deciding its not good enough for official release? Its a joke
    No, RIM is constantly developing the OS for ALL supported devices. All leaked builds are candidates for being made an official release if the carrier's testing of it doesn't turn up anything.

RIM would probably just as soon releases didn't leak, since it can cost them money, and they're usually 1-3+ builds beyond whatever leaks by the time it leaks, so our feedback on bugs in an older build are not as useful as you might think. Most were probably already found by RIM's official testers.

There will likely be another update soon. Now that could be like next week soon, or before the next ice age soon, I don't have any specifics or even generalities for that matter. I'm just guessing that the leaked .90 release seems good enough that short of any major regressions, a release in the .9x series seems highly likely.

And for those of us new to the world of Blackberry who haven't been paying attention in class... Professor Crucial has said on many occasions that the Storm is getting an unheard of amount of attention from RIM in terms of development, and that good things will come to those who wait. So you may want to write that down, it could very well be on the test later.
    01-24-09 01:10 PM
    ^^^IMHO it's smart.

you can pay 10 or more people in the office to test it.... or just give it to thousands of early (and very aware/into it/intelligent) adopters and see what issues they get so they can make their next official release even better.....for free.

It's smart. . . it's exactly what MS is doing with Windows 7 right now. (beta dl extended to after Feb btw)
    Seems logical but some one pointed out that a lot of people aren't really software engineers so even though people find issues the vague reasons for the problems might cause wild goose chasers further hindering proper developement of better software fixes. I hope that made sense
    01-24-09 01:11 PM
    ^^^Dubious fixes may cause bigger issues.... right? : )

Since im in marketing, i will also speculate that it keeps these early adopter fiends subdued and temporarily happy. : )
    01-24-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD