I was playing with my phone today. You may call me stupid but I still use .75 software. I have buggy 85, 90 and 99s and early adoption issues like auto "unlocking" when I put a device into my jeans pocket or pouch. But we all know that the overall performance of the device is sluggish.

Anyway,

Browse your device for Sample Pictures (many of you may use them as wallpapers cause they are pretty nice). But 480x360 picture is more than 250KB - whaaat?
    Edit the file on the computer with some compression (you wont feel the difference) and upload it to your phone. The size of the wallpaper will be in the 20-30KB. Your phone with the adjusted wallpaper size should perform better now

Did You find something else? Post Your comments below...
    02-09-09 07:59 AM
    i find that putting all the small apps like clock and cam and other things like that all into a folder helps with clutter and for a smoother operation. can you move folders into folders?
    02-09-09 08:03 AM
    I find .99 to be super stable and quite snappy.
    02-09-09 08:04 AM
    i just fear betas
    02-09-09 08:06 AM
    I find .99 to be super stable and quite snappy.
    hmm, have you noticed that with .99 your screen locking fail? On .75 when you locked the screen and then touched it, you got a notice that the screen was locked and you had to hit "upper left corner of the storm to unlock it". On .99 when I lock the phone, ok Its locked. Then I put it into my jeans or leather pouch but when I remove it I see that its somewhere in the menu or one of the apps just launched. How to fix this on .99?
    02-09-09 08:14 AM
    but with this phone, sometimes what you don't have might be the best option!Good idea with the sample pic compression btw. I also have not had any problems with .99
    02-09-09 08:26 AM
    Tylavin: Lock the screen on .99 put it into your jeans and take it out. Still locked? Or its only my issue?
    02-09-09 08:27 AM
    Well all it takes is that top button to be pressed in order to unlock. It is completely possible it is being pressed in your pocket. I havent had my phone unlock by itself on .99 yet.

Good idea on the compression. I just deleted all the apps that I wasnt going to use on the phone. I am upwards of 50mb of memory free, and my phone is pretty quick. Probably twice as fast as when I first installed .99. I've only had it crash once, and I was pushing the device pretty hard when it did.
    Last edited by pricej636; 02-09-09 at 09:37 AM.
    02-09-09 09:25 AM
    pricej636: well, if I use blackberry pouch (its shorter than Storm so you have access to top buttons and led notifications) it will also unlock when i try to remove it. And I have only this issue with unofficial builds. On .75 it works as it should
    02-09-09 09:34 AM
    Gotcha, I didnt see the part where you were using the pouch.

I use a plastic holster and just recreated what you were talking about. I locked it, put it in the holster, took it out of the holster and it was unlocked. Weird! So its an issue of when the phone comes out of standby, the lock is released...
    Last edited by pricej636; 02-09-09 at 09:42 AM.
    02-09-09 09:39 AM
    yeah. I noticed that it was only working properly on .65 and .75. On .75 when You lock it and tap on the screen you will get notified that the screen is locked. on .90 and .99 nothing will happen, you need to physically hit any hard button on the storm to get that notification. But auto unlocking is a big issue I PMd Sith Apprentice, he might do a hybrid os with that
    02-09-09 09:51 AM

Browse your device for Sample Pictures (many of you may use them as wallpapers cause they are pretty nice). But 480x360 picture is more than 250KB - whaaat?
    Edit the file on the computer with some compression (you wont feel the difference) and upload it to your phone. The size of the wallpaper will be in the 20-30KB. Your phone with the adjusted wallpaper size should perform better now

Did You find something else? Post Your comments below...
    How do you gain access to those pics? Mine has locks on the pictures. How do I get them to my computer for editing, and is it possible to just delete most of them?
    02-09-09 01:47 PM
    I believe they are in a hidden system folder. When you plug into pc with USB open the device memory drive and unhide all folders. Not sure specifically the directory its under. I'm just speculating that's where it might be. Not near a PC right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 02:07 PM
    Guys, you think too hard By default you cant edit them, but you can email them or send via BT back and forth. Of course I dont mind having them, I just edited one of them to put on my home screen to gain some performance
    02-09-09 05:45 PM
    try to keep all your icons down to 2 rows and that will help alot with the response of your storm
    02-09-09 06:00 PM
    I don't understand how you can't upgrade to a beta. The temptation to upgrade for possible improvement is all I need.

I have seen improvement with every OS upgrade I have preformed. Just don't let too many programs run in the background.
    02-09-09 06:15 PM
    I think what u see as a problem... I see as a feature. I love the fact when I take my storm out of the leather pouch automaticly unlocks...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 06:27 PM
    ... Just don't let too many programs run in the background.
    Isn't that true of any of the BB OS versions though? The more you have running in the background the more sluggish the device will run.
    02-09-09 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD