how can i make the edge stay EDGE on my unlocked storm on tmobile
    05-26-09 03:21 PM
    unfortunately, tmobile doesn't have the best coverage. You shouldn't be fluctuating too often between EDGE and edge unless you're traveling a lot. Within major cities, you shouldn't be losing the EDGE network.

i've been using an unlocked storm with Tmobile for a while now and i've noticed that when i'm outside of a major city, sometimes the tmobile coverage can be spotty.

Do you have APN settings set up? I've read that using internet2.voicestream.com or epc.voicestream.com in the apn settings has made a difference.

Personally, i never had the need to do that.
    05-26-09 03:35 PM
    i just use wap.voicestream.com for my
    apn
    05-26-09 03:52 PM
    unfortunately, tmobile doesn't have the best coverage. You shouldn't be fluctuating too often between EDGE and edge unless you're traveling a lot. Within major cities, you shouldn't be losing the EDGE network.

i've been using an unlocked storm with Tmobile for a while now and i've noticed that when i'm outside of a major city, sometimes the tmobile coverage can be spotty.

Do you have APN settings set up? I've read that using internet2.voicestream.com or epc.voicestream.com in the apn settings has made a difference.

Personally, i never had the need to do that.
    I would beg to differ with you my friend, as I have both the Storm 9530 and Curve 8900. The 8900 holds a solid EDGE everywhere I have taken it, it has very mature radio code (Or otherwise tweaked for T-Mobile). On the other hand the Storm is spotty. It's radio is tweaked for optimum CDMA usage (Since it was originally a Verizon only phone). My Storm locks in to EDGE for a good long while sometimes, other times I have to turn the radio off then back on to get the EDGE back.
    05-26-09 04:56 PM
    first, use the .90 radio code. second, use wap.voicestream.com as your APN. other than that you cant really do anything. i find that mine will wait a while to get EDGE after a reboot, but it stays once it's there
    05-26-09 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD