searched for term "animated"- got a lot of hits, but nothing that was relevant.

essentially, is it possible to make animated pictures last longer? Specifically, MMS pictures. I have received a few, and they last MAYBE 5-6 seconds before stopping. I can restart them, but then they only last maybe 4-5 seconds.

I know it's not related, but I did check my browser general properties, and have already set "repeat animations" to "as many as image specifies". MMS and SMS options have nothing that relates to the issue, nor does the Messaging app options.

insight? feedback? have a coke and a smile and shut the f--- up?!?!
    Last edited by seVer916; 04-28-10 at 02:19 AM.
    04-28-10 02:16 AM
    I would be interested in this also. Another thing that bothers me is when you get a picture sent that has a sound attached to it, it will show the picutre for a very short time and play the sound later with a white screen. My friends with their dumbphones are getting the sound and picture at the same time.
    04-28-10 08:27 AM
    searched for term "animated"- got a lot of hits, but nothing that was relevant.

essentially, is it possible to make animated pictures last longer? Specifically, MMS pictures. I have received a few, and they last MAYBE 5-6 seconds before stopping. I can restart them, but then they only last maybe 4-5 seconds.

I know it's not related, but I did check my browser general properties, and have already set "repeat animations" to "as many as image specifies". MMS and SMS options have nothing that relates to the issue, nor does the Messaging app options.

insight? feedback? have a coke and a smile and shut the f--- up?!?!
    As far as I know, when you compose a MMS you specify how long animation will last and will it be synced wit sound. Second, dont know is this related, but "as many as image specifies" means only once if its not infinitive .gif animation since there is no flash animation support.
    Hope you will find a solution if it's not another bug in the OS. I don't use MMS so further testing will be up to you.
    04-28-10 08:53 AM
    I hesistate the believe it's a bug, since it's happened on both my S1 and S2, and across all softwares on both.

In regards to setting the MMS animation time, that's for slideshow if you have multiple pictures. So it'll wait the preset length of time before transitioning to the next picture.
    04-28-10 11:29 AM
    I hesistate the believe it's a bug, since it's happened on both my S1 and S2, and across all softwares on both.

In regards to setting the MMS animation time, that's for slideshow if you have multiple pictures. So it'll wait the preset length of time before transitioning to the next picture.
    Nope, you can preset time of one slide, even for slide that is single animated pic in gif format.
    04-29-10 12:28 AM
    never really tried that option... however, it doesnt matter much anymore since I ordered the Incredible.

I'll save everybody's time and not post a new thread about how I'm giving up the Storm blah blah blah. I'm not giving it up, just trying something new.
    04-29-10 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD