I have my Comcast e-mail linked to my phone and I thought when I first got it that e-mails were showing up instantly but then remember a post on here saying the network was delayed.

It seems an e-mail will show up on my phone about 10 minutes after it arrives in my inbox. Is this normal, is there some issue, is there some way I can fix this?

Thanks.
    02-18-09 04:36 PM
    It depends on how often you get emails. Check out this link--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l-work-152955/
    02-18-09 04:48 PM
    My Gmail, Yahoo, and MS Live.Edu accounts all appear within 5 seconds of sending. I'm on BIS.
    02-18-09 04:51 PM
    I am on BIS and normally my phone gets my emails before my laptop when I have both within earshot.
    02-18-09 04:51 PM
    It all depends on the service provider. Gmail is almost instant where comcast and cablevision are delayed around 10 min.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 04:54 PM
    Yeah it depends on the email provider and protocol (imap pop3, owa, etc)

02-18-09 05:03 PM
    Interesting. Thanks for the feedback. May need to add a Yahoo or GMail account then for one service.
    02-18-09 05:21 PM
    I can be sitting in my office and get the email on my BB before I see it on my computer. I have a .org email and a vzw.blackberry.net.
    02-18-09 05:26 PM
    I use Yahoo, emails typically arrive on BB before computer.
    02-18-09 05:32 PM
    I can be sitting in my office and get the email on my BB before I see it on my computer. I have a .org email and a vzw.blackberry.net.
    +1 I get it on my BB first! I use gmail!

02-18-09 05:38 PM
    +1 I get it on my BB first! I use gmail!

02-18-09 05:39 PM
    New Question:

vzw.blackberry.net

Is the only way to receive that on the phone or can it be done on a P.C. - Is that an instant receive or is that on the 15 minute scan too?

/end of noob questions for now...I think
    02-18-09 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD