I have a couple five hour flights coming up and I'm loading movies to my Storm but I'm wondering how long the battery will actually last. If you have the 86 OS then please say so!
    02-07-09 06:47 PM
    Guess I'm going to have to watch videos until it dies and find out. lol.
    02-07-09 09:11 PM
    haven't personally done it but based off of listening to flycast while browsing the inet Id say you'd be lucky to make it through 2 hours?

Bring a laptop and just plug it in with a data cable after your first movie

edit: or if your laptop doesnt suck like mine watch a movie on the laptop and when it dies watch one on the storm? I've got a 17inch laptop thats lucky to make it 1.5 hours watching a movie lol so id be better off on the storm and letting it charge from the laptop
    02-07-09 09:49 PM
    I'ved watched over 3 hours of video on my storm and I still had a decent amount of battery life left. I'd bet it could last the entire 5 hour flight.

FYI my movies were formated to fit the storm screen.
    02-07-09 09:57 PM
    Well, I'm trying to avoid taking my laptop entirely because I don't really need it while I'm there and I don't think it's really worth the hassle when I can use my Storm for internet while I'm there. I'm watching a movie now so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the replies.
    02-07-09 09:59 PM
    To extent you battery life, go to your settings and set brightness to 10. I was outside in sunlight today, and blocked the screen with my body from direct sunlight, and saw my movie with no troubles.

Reducing your brightness and turning your GPS to E911 will drastictly extend your battery.
    02-07-09 10:08 PM
    My kid watched 2 movies on my Storm during a long drive, and I still had decent battery life left. You should be able to get in 2 full movies. Also, I don't know when you plan to fly, but they are selling those seido super batteries on this site. You could get that just to be sure. here's the link. https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Csxh33fr
    02-07-09 10:13 PM
    Thanks, I'd do that but I don't travel enough for it to be a wise investment. If it dies I'll have to read a book or something crazy like that! lol.
    02-07-09 10:15 PM
    Thanks, I'd do that but I don't travel enough for it to be a wise investment. If it dies I'll have to read a book or something crazy like that! lol.
    What is this book you talk of???? Some new device for the storm???
    02-07-09 10:25 PM
    I've had mine since release day so its gone through its "breaking in" period, and I've also taken steps I've found listed on CB to extend battery life. That being said I can easily watch 2 2hour movies and still have half a battery left. I've been able to watch a whole movie right after a full nights charge and barely lose 1 block on the battery meter. So it can get pretty decent battery life...but you gotta pay attention to stuff running and your brightness settings, etc.
    02-07-09 10:27 PM
    What is this book you talk of???? Some new device for the storm???
    I know, right? lol.
    02-07-09 11:55 PM
    about 2.5/2 avg.
    02-08-09 01:57 AM
    first off why are you running .86 ?Without ANY doubt .99 is the best so far .You can go on ebay and pick up 1600 mha batteries for under $10.00 shipped .The Storm comes with 1400 mha .
    02-08-09 03:46 AM
    Mine locked up in 24 Redemption and the batt pull cost me a bar. Also I won't buy batteries on ebay after hearing about the exploding one. But I wish my storm cradle had a spare battery slot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 07:53 AM
    You may get lucky and find your self on a transcon with actual 120v power outlets. Even more likely on transat/transpac flights . . .

I flew on a Continental 757-200 from Newark to Paris a couple of weeks ago, and every row had electrical outlets that worked with both US domestic and European plugs. You might wind up at your destination having been completely entertained during the flight and still have a full charge
    02-08-09 09:44 AM
    first off why are you running .86 ?Without ANY doubt .99 is the best so far .You can go on ebay and pick up 1600 mha batteries for under $10.00 shipped .The Storm comes with 1400 mha .
    Because I saw no benefit to 99. The MMSing is messed up and the color depth is worse. Since I have no problems on 86 I don't feel the need to have problems I don't have now. The only reason I'm tempted to go back to 99 is because I have issues with not having the latest.
    02-08-09 10:08 AM
    Damn, now I'm tempted to go back to 99 out of sheer boredom. And because I like to tinker. And because we haven't had another leak to amuse me yet.
    02-08-09 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD