11-23-08 08:49 PM
59 123
  1. Heathyr's Avatar
    I got to my corporate store at Easton (Columbus, Ohio) at 3:40am for a 8am opening. I was the first to arrive. Everyone who showed up really early (there were 4 of us) set up our camp chairs in a line in front of the store but then sat in our cars. It was 24 degrees and windy. With the windchill it was 15 degrees. Once more cars started to pull in we made a mad dash for our chairs. All in all we were outside for an hour.

    Store manager came out around 7:45 and handed out numbers. I was number one. The store got 28 units. They let us inside then to wait where it was warm. I got activated (after drama) and out the door at 8:50am. Stopped at McD's for some breakfast and then to bed while my storm charged
    11-23-08 07:48 PM
  2. JimMariner's Avatar
    My STORMY Friday was as follows,

    Dropped the Kid off at school at 7:45 am, drove to the Verizion Store in Coral Springs, Fla.

    Saw a line and decided to give it a chance, (8:15am) The Security Guard Verizion Hired was giving out Cards with our Number on it in Line.

    Got #19, you should have seen #18, she was HOT.

    Had coffee that I brought with me, and cigs with the other future cancer paitents, the weather was horrible, 70 Degrees, sunny, slight breeze out of the east. Waited outside on line for about 50 minutes.

    Got inside finally, The upgrade was from one of my other phones on my account that I used to upgrade mine. Got an Instant 50 dollar rebate instore by using the upgrade available for my Wireless MODEM. Also elligible for the 50$ Mail in Rebate too. #18 had that nice 100$ Off Flier, she must have been a better VIP than I am.

    My CSR @ Verizion was good, friendly, made the complete transaction painless. She put the Screen Guard on for me too. Transfered all my contacts to the STORM off my Pearl. Sold me the ussual extras, silcone cover, screen protectors, voyager case that fit the STORM Perfectly and car charger. I was out the door with my new BB STORM @ 9:30am.

    When I got there, originally the word was they only had 24 BB STORMS in the store. While waiting on line for about 40 minutes, FEDEX Pulled up with a nice box with more of them in it. From the size of the box, I'd think it had 25-30 or so of them in it. The on going joke behind the counter seemed to be, "This is the Last BB STORM in Stock", they all said that with a smile. They were only selling them to people who were Upgrading or New Accounts it looked to me. As soon as you were called in by number they asked, one - if you were on the list (people who signed up before the release date) , two - if you were opening a new account or upgrading. I Have 2 phones and one Wireless Modem on my account, so I had no problem upgrading since the modem and one of my phones were on a month to month status.

    So no Horror Stories in my BB STORM Experience. Love the STORM !!! Don't regret the horrible weather and adverse circumstances I had to Endure to get it either. It is a VERIZION Corporate Store too.
    Happily Touching, Pressing, Squeezing, hugging my new BB STORM
    11-23-08 07:56 PM
  3. PCGuRu2K's Avatar
    I arrived at 3:30pm at the Verizon store on 5th and 57thst. Walked out 20mins later with my new phone . All I did was call them and ask them if they still had any bold left. The guy said let me check. He lets me wait for 1min and then comes back and says "boy your in luck, fedex just dropped off 5 more storms". So I went to the store 10min later and picked it up. While I was there a lot of people walked in and ask if they had the store. Every sales guy in there said they were sold out and to their name on the list. The weird thing is the guy I dealt with asked me if I was upgrading or new to verizon. I told him I was switching over and he said "I have one in stock for you". I guess corporate told Verizon sales people to sell to new Verizon subscribers frst before existing customers?
    11-23-08 07:58 PM
  4. Nyisles84's Avatar
    i got to my store at 6am for an 8am opening. only 2 people at the time online so i was just gonna wait in my car with my laptop since it was 24 degrees. I saw 4 more cars pull in so immediately got out lol. I was 3rd in a line of what became 100 people.
    11-23-08 08:00 PM
  5. crashovrride's Avatar
    I got the Circuit City around 11 and was the fourth in line for one of the five they got in. I think I was at the store for about half an hour.
    11-23-08 08:01 PM
  6. the1sen's Avatar
    about 5 minutes. i walked into Costco and got one right away on the day it was released
    11-23-08 08:05 PM
  7. BoneHead's Avatar
    I got in line at my local store in Kansas City at 10:30 Thursday night. I was first in line. Actually, the only one in line for about 3 hours actually.
    11-23-08 08:05 PM
  8. DCGREE's Avatar
    No wait at all for me at Best Buy. I got the next to last one. Yay me.....

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 08:28 PM
  9. brian_peterson's Avatar
    I got in line Friday morning the 21st around 5:15 AM... I was the first! Actually I was the first in Dubuque, IA to get a Storm! They only had ten! Also, they were nice enough to give vouchers around 6:30 AM to the two of us who were waiting in our cars, so that we could continue to do so! Very nice as it was 11 degrees outside! They opened at 8 AM so I was 'in line' for about three hours. Co-workers thought I was crazy.

    But I love my Storm, and with all these delays I am glad I made the extra effort!
    11-23-08 08:49 PM
59 123