Hi. I wanted to know how to log off email on my storm. I dont want to receive emails anymore on my storm because its getting annoying to hear it ring 500 times a day when i get an email. thanks
    02-19-09 10:18 AM
    if you want to delete the account you could goto setup > email settings, or go online to the blackberry website with your carriers settings ( i goto blackberry.com/go/vzw for verizon )
    02-19-09 10:22 AM
    There is no "log off". It's always on -- if you want to stop receiving notifications you can do one of a few things:

1) delete your email push to blackberry

2) disable notifications of email messages
    02-19-09 10:22 AM
    thanks guys, i deleted it. thats better for me
    02-19-09 10:26 AM
    thanks guys, i deleted it. thats better for me
    Cool. I dunno why you got a blackberry if you don't feel like reading your email messages on your mobile, but w/e
    02-19-09 10:29 AM
    yeah...I have to agree. That's the main reason I got a blackberry. If not, I might as well have a Voyager
    02-19-09 10:43 AM
    another option if you're running web based mail, is to go to the BIS site, and set the filter to not send you your messages. I recently spent the day in Canada and didn't want the potential roaming data charges, so I killed my email this way for the day. When I got home, checked the other box, and turned on the email faucets again.
    02-19-09 10:44 AM
    You can also log into your BIS, go to Filters and choose "Do not forward to device".... This could be helpful if you want to take a break from email on vacation or whatever.
    02-19-09 10:44 AM
    yeah...I have to agree. That's the main reason I got a blackberry. If not, I might as well have a Voyager
    Or perhaps one of those LG clamshells that are so cheap and have so many rebates applied to them that Verizon actually pays you to order one
    02-19-09 10:45 AM
    another option if you're running web based mail, is to go to the BIS site, and set the filter to not send you your messages. I recently spent the day in Canada and didn't want the potential roaming data charges, so I killed my email this way for the day. When I got home, checked the other box, and turned on the email faucets again.
    JINX... lol
    02-19-09 10:45 AM
    i actually had the voyager before the storm and the voyager was the reason i traded up. i hated the touch screen on the voyager, it was so sketchy and slow, at least with the storm i can add useful apps to it and have instant messaing and full interent. tahts why i got mine
    02-19-09 10:59 AM
    Dude just turn off you email notification. Then you can read them whenever you feel like.....seems like such a waste to delete your email account.
    02-19-09 11:58 AM
    You could always set it not to make any noise when you get a message.

Hi. I wanted to know how to log off email on my storm. I dont want to receive emails anymore on my storm because its getting annoying to hear it ring 500 times a day when i get an email. thanks
    02-19-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD