Hi,
    I'm new to Storm, but I did try to look for answer to my question all over the site and google.

I have StormSlider installed. When I press the Lock button, the screen takes it's sweet time to dim and then finally turn off, at which time the StormSlider activates. 12-14 seconds to be exact. What bothers me about this, is when I press the lock button and put the phone away in my pocket, often the Lock button gets pressed again (while the screen is dimming for 12 seconds) and the phone unlocks before StormSlider activates. Is there any way to get rid of this delay and make phone lock instantly. This way StormSlider would activate as soon as I press the Lock button and I don't have to worry about it dialing from my pocket?

I do have Memory Cleaning Disabled, so that's not the case with my delay.
    05-23-09 06:14 PM
    There is a shortcut icon to lock the phone. It is definitely faster than the button but still might be too slow for you. It takes the shortcut about 5 seconds to lock and dim my phone, and takes about twice as long with the hardware lock button.

The power shortcut is also faster to turn off your Storm. Both of these should be on your app screen, make sure you haven't hidden or moved them.........
    05-23-09 06:19 PM
    Thanks for the tip, you're right, the Lock shortcut on the screen is faster. Still though, what's with the delay? Is it for cool dimming screen effect, or is the phone actually doing something and needs this time for processing?
    05-23-09 06:31 PM
    Wait, yours doesn't lock immediately? My Storm locks within a second after I hit the upper-left lock button. The screen takes a few seconds to dim but the Storm is locked while it does dim.
    05-23-09 06:56 PM
    Wait, yours doesn't lock immediately? My Storm locks within a second after I hit the upper-left lock button. The screen takes a few seconds to dim but the Storm is locked while it does dim.
    Mine also locks immediately.
    05-23-09 07:10 PM
    It is locked while it's dimming, but if I put it in the pocket and accidentally press the Lock button while it's still dimming, then it unlocks, (before StormSlider gets a chance to activate). What I'm trying to achieve is for it to Lock instantly so StormSlider can activate as soon as I press the Lock button, or a second later.
    05-23-09 07:22 PM
    Yeah if you have the paid version of stormslider installed it can activate with with standard lock button.

Yes if you dont have stormslider paid version when you hit the lock button it should lock immediately. But when you use stormslider it does delay a bit.

I also found this app to be a battery drain as well.
    05-23-09 07:33 PM
    The stormslider delays the lock for you and drains battery? Thanks for the tip, I haven't used storm enough to notice the difference. What screen lock would you recommend? I want something like that slide or something that basically won't unlock it in my pocket, and the Lock button on top of the phone does get pressed accidentally.
    05-23-09 09:14 PM
    hotkey stormslider to one of the convenience keys
    when i push my left key the slider comes up instantly and it takes about 3 seconds to dim the screen
    05-24-09 01:47 AM
    hotkey stormslider to one of the convenience keys
    when i push my left key the slider comes up instantly and it takes about 3 seconds to dim the screen

yupz this is what a few people have said I just personally hate taking up a convenience key for something that has a separate button already made for it..
    05-24-09 02:04 AM
    I have the same issue. I have the paid version of stormslider installed. Eveytime when I put my Storm in my magnetic holster, it locked the phone automatically. When I pull my phone out of the holster, the lock screen shows, I have to press the upper left lock button to unlock and then to slide the stormslider button to get into my home screen. It is very tideous. I tried to hotkey stormslider to one of the convenience keys but Stormslider is not in the list!?! Any suggentions please?
    05-24-09 02:30 AM
    I don't see StormSlider in the list either. Do I have a wrong version or something?
    05-24-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD