I've got a couple of nagging issues with my Storm. So far I've been unable to figure these two out.

The first one, is when I'm on a call, the screen goes off. I don't mind that when I'm not using the phone; a click on the touchscreen brings it to life and I'm OK with that.

But I hate it when you are on a call and you need to use the dialpad (or something) and you pull the phone from your ear and the screen is blank (off).

I want my screen to be lit up like a Christmas Tree every time I'm on a call. I want to be able to use the dialpad when dealing with voicemail, etc.

How do you force the Storm screen to stay active on a call?

I'll post another topic with my second issue (dialing from the address book). Topic "How to stop dialing from the Address Book?"

Check it out if you have a fix.
    Last edited by Johnny2Bad; 04-30-10 at 05:10 AM.
    04-30-10 05:01 AM
    the Leave it On app does exactly what you want, can be found here in the CB app store
    04-30-10 06:09 AM
    BBLight will do it for free. BBLight

Check the box that says "Always On when user is active"

I should say that it probably works, lol. I use it to keep the screen on when charging, but I've never tried the feature you want.

All I can say is give it a try and see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 06:20 AM
    Or you can just wait a couple of seconds and the screen will come back on, it dims out to stop you pressing stuff with your ear, as soon as it detects its not near your face the screen lights back up!

Alternitavely when you move it from your ear, click the screen once to bring it to life!
    04-30-10 07:31 AM
    Or you can just wait a couple of seconds and the screen will come back on, it dims out to stop you pressing stuff with your ear, as soon as it detects its not near your face the screen lights back up!

Alternitavely when you move it from your ear, click the screen once to bring it to life!
    Yes, I realize that it's supposed to light up when you move it from your ear, but mine just sits there, usually, for 10 or more seconds. Too long a time to enter things like voicemail prompts or account numbers if you're talking to a utility, for example, especially since you have to click the touchscreen, then bring the numeric keyboard up with another two clicks, and then enter your numbers. Clicking on the screen also works, but the delay before the screen comes up is still too long.

Or, is there a way to keep the numeric keyboard up all the time in phone mode? That would make it bearable, maybe ... just one click on the touchpad. Mine always disappears, unless I'm not on a call ... then it's there via the phone button all the time.

My battery lasts a long time as it is, I don't need energy saving when I'm on a call. I've never had a problem with inadvertent clicks via my ear with the older OS. I would be fine if when I'm talking to someone, Aliens from space could see the thing lit up on a little blue planet far, far away.

I guess I'll have to try one of the apps mentioned. This should be an option, however ... all energy saving features should be fully customizable on any phone from any manufacturer. OS6, maybe ...

Thanks for all the replies.
    Last edited by Johnny2Bad; 04-30-10 at 11:18 AM.
    04-30-10 11:00 AM
    What os are you running, 10 seconds seems very excessive!

You can also try setting one of your side keys to virtual keyboard, then when you move the phone, press this and bang, straight to number pad!
    04-30-10 12:22 PM
    Remember the proximity sensor everyone wanted and complained about when the phone first came out? The blank screen when on a call is the answer. it's the phone realizing that it's pressed to your face.

The solution is to pull the phone away from your face. If the screen doesn't light up fast enough, just click it and it will come up without registering your click. If you're nervous about it registering your click (as in it lights up the moment you click) then just click in a blank area.

Problem solved!
    04-30-10 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD