I noticed in the thread where you all showed your BB home screens that mine looks different... The button that shows the sound level is at the top of my screen only when the screen is locked and no other icons are showing. When unlocked it goes away at the top and is just showing in the regular grouping of icons.

I'd like to have the sound level button always at the top. How do I do that?

Thanks!
    12-29-08 08:24 PM
    Do you display 1 row of icons or 4?

On mine it goes away when I hit the BB button and go from 1 row (homescreen option) to 4 rows of icons.
    12-30-08 02:11 AM
    Do you display 1 row of icons or 4?

On mine it goes away when I hit the BB button and go from 1 row (homescreen option) to 4 rows of icons.
    I have 4 rows.
    12-30-08 12:07 PM
    What sound icon? Are you talking about the Profile change icon? If so, that's already displayed at the top left side of the screen. Other icons on the main home screen can be moved around if you highligh one and click on Menu/Move and then pick a place to put it and press down when you've got it in the right place.

Your question is very hard to understand on exactly what you want to do.

If you're experiencing other wacky glitches with the interface... then a battery pull is suggested to clear things up.
    12-30-08 12:12 PM
    ^ Hi and thanks for trying to help. This does not seem to be a technical problem but just a preference.

Here are two screen shots. Notice that in shot #1 the sound icon is only in the bottom portion with the other icons. Row #1.

In shot # 2, the sound icon is in two places per the arrow. Notice that I have a "1" in red at the icon at the top of the screen.

That one seems to come and go. I wish it would stay where it is all the time. Is this possible?

Many thanks!

Last edited by Rosebudster; 12-30-08 at 03:14 PM.
    12-30-08 03:10 PM
    That's interesting. Mine goes away when all the icons show on the Home screen, Portrait mode if I hit the BB button. When it's the row(s) of icons, the Sound Profile icon is there. Never noticed that before.
    12-30-08 03:27 PM
    If you have the sounds Icon in the top 8 Icons in your case it will show up on the homescreen. Move it to any spot other that 1-8 and it will not show twice on your homescreen. the icon with the 1 will only show up on your homescreen once you hit BB button it will disappear.
    12-30-08 03:34 PM
    Define the top 8. I have my sound icon in another folder not on the Home screen and I have the same issue he does. Full screen with 16 icons on the main page and the Sound Profile icon in another folder, I will not see the icon at the top left.
    12-30-08 03:44 PM
    I still don't get it. The profile icon will only display on the header ONLY when in Zen mode (not all icons showing up). When all the icons come up, the profile icon is in the list, so what's the problem? You don't need the profile switch icon in the header if the other one is in the main list. Pick one and use it. How many times can you possibly change profiles on the device that you absolutely need to have that icon available on each and every screen layout that you're on?

I guess I'm confused by the OP on this because all BBs known to date have always behaved this same way. Profile switcher in header is only available in Zen, not full icons.
    12-30-08 09:20 PM
    ^^^+1

all BBs work this way and it's theme-controlled. Maybe when we have more themes later on we will start seeing ones that give you access to it all the time.
    12-30-08 09:32 PM
    I still don't get it. The profile icon will only display on the header ONLY when in Zen mode (not all icons showing up). When all the icons come up, the profile icon is in the list, so what's the problem? You don't need the profile switch icon in the header if the other one is in the main list. Pick one and use it. How many times can you possibly change profiles on the device that you absolutely need to have that icon available on each and every screen layout that you're on?
    Well I don't have mine on the main screen and need to switch it quite frequently as I go into meetings. It's convenient to have it up there when it is whether you are in landscape or portrait, assuming the device isn't locked.
    12-30-08 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD